Whitwell @ Sequatchie County

tiger34

This Week

Whitwell will travel to Sequatchie County this weekend in pursuit of their 3rd consecutive win over the Indians. Sequatchie County is much improved this season and Curt Bureau has been a huge spark, replacing Jordan Cain at quarterback.

Last Week

Whitwell defeated Region 3-1A opponent Lookout Valley 39-14, improving to 4-2 overall and 2-1 in region play. Jonathan Pellam led the way for the Tigers with 161 yards and 6 touchdowns on only 15 carries. Lookout Valley is extremely young but the program is rebuilding with a new head coach.

Region 3-1A Standings

Boyd-Buchanan 2-0

Whitwell 2-1

South Pittsburg 1-1

Copper Basin 1-1

Lookout Valley 0-3

Next Week

at Grundy County

Edited by tiger34

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tigers By 2!

825367543[/snapback]

JP is back and revenge is on their side. Whitwell's line is the worst it has been in years. #5 is showing a lot of wear from being hit so many times over the last 6 games. #42 is slow. The inside linebackers couldn't tackle my momma. Enuff said

Sequatchie County by 14 points at least.

I'll take Seq. Co. pretty big in this one. As for the wear and tear on #5 he better get ready for some more because Lewis and price and the rest of the boys will be coming after him. If 42 is slow and their line is down he may not get back to the line of scrimmage before we hit him. Ask south pitt how fast we are! This one is over by the half!

Seq 42

Whit 12

JP is back and revenge is on their side.  Whitwell's line is the worst it has been in years.  #5 is showing a lot of wear from being hit so many times over the last 6 games.  #42 is slow.  The inside linebackers couldn't tackle my momma.  Enuff said

Sequatchie County by 14 points at least.

825367931[/snapback]

After watching today's practice make that 28 points. #42 is ready for a big night Friday. Here kitty, kitty, kitty.

I thought it was a little ridiculous Pellam scored 6 touchdowns last week for Whitwell and didn't even get a nomination for state player of the week in 1A. It shows how much the TFP cares about the small rural schools around the area in my opinion. Same as week before last on Price from Sequatchie, though at least they did give him area player of the week after realizing their mistake in not giving a nomination.