CPA ranked 8th?

Gerry Bertier

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah i have never like polls but thought that was pretty crazy seeing that CPA gave Riverdale their best game so far.

825368577[/snapback]

Another factor in that particular game was that it was Riverdale's opener and CPA had already played a game. Both teams are probably better now. In Riverdale's case, probably a whole lot better!

Also, I have not noticed the Review-Appeal in Williamson County voting at all this year. I don't know if that is a function of being owned by Gannett which owns the Tennessean, which does always vote by the way, or not.

Edited by Bighurt

First off, I'm amazed that a 1A team would even play a 5A, especiially Riverdale. :) Gotta give you points there. Riverdale is the best 5A team in the state and has played five other 5A teams and one 1A team (CPA). The five 5A teams have scored a combined 22 points on Riverdale and I believe Smyrna had 20 of them. CPA, again just 1A, scored 28 on Riverdale. :)

Now I've never seen either CPA or Riverdale play in person, but those numbers say a great deal. The Riverdale loss should count in favor of CPA when it comes ranking time, not against them.

Truly shows how accurate the goofy polls are, or how the media likes to vote for their coverage teams, as BigHurt stated earlier.

CPA should definatley be ranked higher than 8th, i'm talkin about top 3. I'm a huge Riverdale fan, but i have got to give credit where credit is due. CPA gave the Warriors there best game of the year. Riverdale has only given up 50 points this year and CPA scored 28 of them. Riverdale has beaten every team by atleast 38 points except CPA, they only beat them by 20. And CPA's only loss was to us so why are they ranked 8th.

I agree Boyd, CPA, and DCA have to be in the top three. These other teams may be undefeated, however they haven't played the teams Boyd and CPA have to get there only lose. Come the playoffs you will see how bad those polls are, when you have two of these three teams one being Boyd playing for the state, and the other being the winner of CPA and DCA. These three teams are also the last three team to play in the BCB bowl the past two years. So how could team who don't play anyone be ranked ahead of them. Its just plain dumb, because those teams have no hope of getting to the BCB bowl and if for somereason they do make it out of the west like USJ or Mt. Pleasent that just gives Boyd an easy repeat.

Go Bucs