Ooltewah vs. Soddy Daisy

simonzander71

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember this is teacher vs. pupil. There will be very few teams that will be able to beat Coach Weathers and his wisdom. The coaching staff of Soddy-Daisy is leaps and bounds above the owls. Two of Soddy's top assistants are proven winning head coaches. Coach Weather's and Coach McCarson have forgotten more football than Gaywood will ever know.

YOu got it MNballer, brilliant observation. I sure said gatewood was a horrible coach. You took the words write off my post i guess. ALl i'm saying is that the experiece Coach Weather's and Mccarson have are invauable in a game like this. AT least act like you have a little bit of that good Cash (dr.) Register education from Ooltewah or maybe they don't teach you to read out there.

you cannot honestly tell me thats what you weren't implying with your post...i mean you even referred to ooltewah's coach as GAYwood instead of gatewood, it was just a total derogatory post towards ooltewah's coaching staff....and gatewood has plenty of experience, he's been around a lot longer than you'd think

Remember this is teacher vs. pupil.  There will be very few teams that will be able to beat Coach Weathers and his wisdom.  The coaching staff of Soddy-Daisy is leaps and bounds above the owls.  Two of Soddy's top assistants are proven winning head coaches.  Coach Weather's and Coach McCarson have forgotten more football than Gaywood will ever know.

825375845[/snapback]

That's fine if you think Weathers is a better coach. He does have a lot more experience. But that takes nothing away from Gatewood. His time at Ooltewah speaks for itself. There may not be any state championships, but he's definately turned the program around. It only shows the kind of person you are getting on here saying "Gaywood." Do you know him personally? And if you do and have that much against him, then you need to be a real man and go talk to him. Don't use a public message board where you can hide behind a screen name like a girl. Gatewood is a class act, and I know there is mutual respect between him and Weathers. Grow up...

Edited by GradfromtheNest

That's fine if you think Weathers is a better coach.  He does have a lot more experience.  But that takes nothing away from Gatewood.  His time at Ooltewah speaks for itself.  There may not be any state championships, but he's definately turned the program around.  It only shows the kind of person you are getting on here saying "Gaywood."  Do you know him personally?  And if you do and have that much against him, then you need to be a real man and go talk to him.  Don't use a public message board where you can hide behind a screen name like a girl.  Gatewood is a class act, and I know there is mutual respect between him and Weathers.  Grow up...

825375984[/snapback]

3-7 is one heck of a turn around.

Take the Caldwell kid out, and back to 3-7.....

most of the team last year were so. and it also good sometimes to lose because you respect and love to win after knowing an heartbreak of a loss. This builds Character for the players not just for the game but for life itself. Gatewood has turned this program around and how many Region Championships does Soddy have in Region 2 5A?

3-7 is one heck of a turn around.

Take the Caldwell kid out, and back to 3-7.....

825376165[/snapback]

3-7 is one season...teams can have a down year every once in a while. If you look at each year since he's been there, he's definately improved his winning % greatly.

Take Caldwell out and you've still got a 7-0 season this year. I know people have a hard time believing this, but it's true. If you haven't seen Williams or Hydas run the ball then you've missed out. Caldwell is a HUGE addition to the team, but he's not the only threat Ooltewah has. From TB, Caldwell, Hydas, Williams could all start on any team in this area. Move Williams to TB and you've got Burke or Bishop to play FB. Or just leave Williams at FB and run Hydas. People that haven't seen Ooltewah play this year, have a skewed view of how versatile the Owls really are.

The Owls have 6 different receivers scoring TDs and 5 different RBs scoring TDs.