Ooltewah vs. Soddy Daisy

simonzander71

I have seen Soddy play a couple of times. I think they have a very good football team. Ooltewah has a very good football team also. I agee with alot of the posts that neither team has played any real tough competion. This game will come down to who executes. Turnovers could be a factor, special teams may be huge.

My take on the key areas:

Quarterback - Toss up, Orr and Woods have ran their teams offense well all year. Orr has better passing numbers but he has had more opportunity to do so. Woods has a couple of games with good numbers also.

Running backs - Ooltewah, Caldwell and Williams have been very impressive. MoMo has had a good year also.

O-line - again toss-up, Soddy has the size, Ooltewah's line is more athletic. Both have done a good job to date.

Receivers - Soddy, They have good size and have caught the ball very well this year. Ooltewah has several good receivers, more speed than Soddy.

Tight end - Ooltewah, McDade, Burke and Welch have all made some big plays, Shaddix is also a good player for Soddy, he was not used very much in the games I saw.

D-line - again toss-up, Both have played very well to date.

Linebackers - Ooltewah, I think Ooltewah's backers are a better unit. Doodle maybe the best linebacker in the game.

Secondary - Soddy, Big hitters, not sure how much they have been tested through the air. Ooltewah has improved, and is playing better of late, but this is the area that has been suspect for the Owls.

Punting - Ooltewah

Kicking - Soddy, Coulter has done very well. Ooltewah failed to convert on three PAT's last Friday.

Punt/kick return - Ooltewah, Lansden's speed will be a factor Friday night.

Coaching - Soddy, Weathers is a sly fox, you never know what he has up his sleeve. Gatewood is also a good coach, they need to make good adjustments throughout the night.

Players win games.

I think Ooltewah wins 31-20. thumb

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

now now...because two goons are on here stirring up stuff doesnt mean we should be ashamed of being from soddy daisy. it is one of the fastest growing cities in the tri state area...they're building a super walmart ;) (unless its already done)

wow i wish i could make it to this game...but duty calls as i will be in a collegiate tackle football bout against the mighty maryville scots, but thats irrelevant.

Good luck to both teams...hopefully the trojans will pull it out, but im sure the fans will get their money's worth regardless of the outcome.

dfend and knoxsoddyboy-

Why can't you just post the positive things about your own team? Both of you sit there and attack Ooltewah's football program, and have no respect or class at all. You represent your team in a horrible manner, and I'd be embarassed to say I'm from Soddy Daisy. Mnewballer and Grad are devout Ooltewah fans and not once have they said bad things about other team's programs, so I'm having trouble trying to figure out why you would start arguements with them that aren't even worth arguing.

825377145[/snapback]

yea Grad has alot of positive things to say about SD. Like Orr is our only player That's real positive.

Edited by kdm71

I have seen Soddy play a couple of times.  I think they have a very good football team.  Ooltewah has a very good football team also.  I agee with alot of the posts that neither team has played any real tough competion.  This game will come down to who executes.  Turnovers could be a factor, special teams may be huge. 

My take on the key areas:

Quarterback - Toss up, Orr and Woods have ran their teams offense well all year.  Orr has better passing numbers but he has had more opportunity to do so.  Woods has a couple of games with good numbers also.

Running backs - Ooltewah, Caldwell and Williams have been very impressive.  MoMo has had a good year also.

O-line  -  again toss-up, Soddy has the size, Ooltewah's line is more athletic.  Both have done a good job to date.

Receivers  -  Soddy,  They have good size and have caught the ball very well this year.  Ooltewah has several good receivers, more speed than Soddy.

Tight end - Ooltewah,  McDade, Burke and Welch have all made some big plays, Shaddix is also a good player for Soddy, he was not used very much in the games I saw.

D-line -  again toss-up, Both have played very well to date. 

Linebackers - Ooltewah, I think Ooltewah's backers are a better unit.  Doodle maybe the best linebacker in the game. 

Secondary - Soddy, Big hitters, not sure how much they have been tested through the air.  Ooltewah has improved, and is playing better of late,  but this is the area that has been suspect for the Owls.

Punting - Ooltewah

Kicking - Soddy, Coulter has done very well.  Ooltewah failed to convert on three PAT's last Friday. 

Punt/kick return - Ooltewah, Lansden's speed will be a factor Friday night.

Coaching - Soddy, Weathers is a sly fox, you never know what he has up his sleeve.  Gatewood is also a good coach, they need to make good adjustments throughout the night.

Players win games. 

I think Ooltewah wins 31-20.  thumb

825377211[/snapback]

punting- Soddy just got a new punter who can absolutely boom it. I'd give it a draw.

D-Line- Ooltewah's defensive line gives absolutely no pass rush. I don't know if it's part of the defensive scheme, but they are terrible at pressuring the quarterback. At Central, the QB had all day, and made them pay. I don't see it being much different this game.

Caldwell goes for 150 and 2 TD's. Soddy wins 31-21

punting- Soddy just got a new punter who can absolutely boom it.  I'd give it a draw.

D-Line-  Ooltewah's defensive line gives absolutely no pass rush.  I don't know if it's part of the defensive scheme, but they are terrible at pressuring the quarterback. At Central, the QB had all day, and made them pay.  I don't see it being much different this game.

Caldwell goes for 150 and 2 TD's.  Soddy wins 31-21

825377271[/snapback]

Ooltewah's Defense did play more conservatively against Central...but that's not the norm...I don't really know what the deal was...after watching 7 Owls' games this year, they definately DO pressure the QB...but it comes more from the LBs.

punting- Soddy just got a new punter who can absolutely boom it.  I'd give it a draw.

D-Line-  Ooltewah's defensive line gives absolutely no pass rush.  I don't know if it's part of the defensive scheme, but they are terrible at pressuring the quarterback. At Central, the QB had all day, and made them pay.  I don't see it being much different this game.

Caldwell goes for 150 and 2 TD's.  Soddy wins 31-21

825377271[/snapback]

They did pressure the QB at Central, he made some good plays while scrambling. He was very illusive. (#4 not the other one) I don't think Orr will be running away from the pressure. He is not that illusive.