Best Running Backs in the West..who are they?

tamirrt

Like I said before stats don't mean anything when it comes to being the best at ones position at the high school level. I have known many great backs and play with a 2,000 yard back but has not amounted to much at the college level because he was the product of the system. That is what Boo is, any running back on that team could put up those numbers. From pure ability and possibility of going to the next level Guy has the advantage. Weathers is too small and as you will see, will wear down come playoff time because he isn't a 20 carry a game back. Weathers is not the best running back on his team, if you ask me. Huntingdon was the best in 2003 I will give them that and that is it. Boyd is also a great back that I would put ahead of Weathers. Another back that could be great but that is never used anymore is Cody Cook from McKenzie, I remember playing him in the playoffs his freshman year and he was a load to bring down.

825371531[/snapback]

Gerry, I didn't know that you had to play college ball to be a great tb. and no, not any rb. on that team could put up those numbers. Hey bartender, give me 3 of whatever Gerry's having, and make it quick! :rolleyes:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The name of the thread is best running back out WEST. That doesn't mean who has the best stats or who plays on the best team. It means individually who has the best ability at running back. Boo has a great line in front of him, a big fullback blocking for him. Put most starting tailbacks from West Tennessee in that backfield and they will put up similiar numbers. Boo is a great athlete and running back, but he is not the best, I promise you that. All i was saying about college, if you are the best running back in west tennessee you are going to go somewhere at the next level. ask terrance bell about putting up numbers and not getting recruited by any big time schools. many huntingdon fans probably thought Bell was the best running back last year, but he wasn't Rod Smith was. Bell just had a extremley better supporting cast than Smith.

darkglow Posted Today, 03:24 PM

my vote goes to boo.

put markei guy and phillip "boo" weathers side by side or head to head again and i think the rest of you will see where i'm coming from. boo is just a dangerous little man.

troy fleming is the state's all-time rushing leader.. and i dont think i have to tell you where he's playing today.

troy fleming is a larger back than markie and difinitly boo. Obviously anytime you are the state's all time leading rusher you have to have just a small bit of talent... i dont see how u could compare markie or boo to troy

I think Huntingdon had the better team overall last year. Their defense was crazy, Nellet was that team's catalyst. But you have to admit Smith was the better RB than Bell. But back to this year, CBarkley I just think Weathers is going to wear down this year, I mean the kid is tiny. I think Huntingdon needs to control his workload, while Guy is carrying the load up at Westview.

Markei is by far the best back in west TN. When he played against Huntington, he had 6 touchdowns and 296 yards rushing. Boo isnt as good as Chris Donald. Players for opposing teams are much more worried about Chris than Boo. If he got as many carries as Boo at tailback, Boo wouldnt even be in this category. He is too small and he gets hurt. Guy is faster, can make people miss better than Boo can, and he has more touchdowns.

Cassius Vaughn of East

Marcus Smith of Ridgeway

White Station's back is a stud.

825375528[/snapback]

I agree Coach. It is about time somebody from the Shelby-Metro area gets recognized. Vaughn is a very dangerous back. Granted, he hasnt put up very impressive numbers, he still is dangerous. East is known as a running team. When teams play them they stop the run. This Guy and Weathers would not have very impressive numbers at all if they actually played some teams with good defenses like an MUS or MBA or White Station or Riverdale. These kids play in the junior leagues.

There is one back in the west that has not been given proper respect in our little thread...Orey Willis Hollow-Rock Bruceton. Willis runs behind an even less experienced line than Boyd at Camden but still impresses at every game...he's bigger than Guy, Weathers and Boyd and still hits the holes harder and with greater speed than any of the three named above....I've seen them all play and as far as pure running talent Willis has this group beat hands down.