Campbell Co blanks Bearden 34-0

VolViking

The Campbell Co. Cougars rushed to their 4th consecutive victory, blanking the Bearden Bulldogs 34-0. Behind the outstanding blocking of Josh Evans, Matt Goins, Toby Young, Sam Silva & Joe Whitaker, Jr. TB Chris Johnson shredded the Bulldogs for 270 (another school record) on 25 carries. Johnson's first touch went for 83 yds and a TD. His 2nd carry went for 88 yards and another TD.

The defense played another stellar game with Jesse Bowman, Oscar Byrge, Brian Slover. Clark Woods, Mitchell Tipton, Justin McCloud all playing big. Woods and Bobby Russell each recorded interceptions. Bearden is added to the Cougars Defense shut-out list that includes Morristown East, South Doyle & Sevier Co.

More later after a more thorough review of the stats. thumb

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So much for region 1 being down like alot of people said. I don`t think its down a bit, its just that some of the teams that people normally expect to be on top aren`t, and some of the teams who were suppose to be bottom teams are up this year. I think its great, the tradition powers are still powers, but the region is more competitive as a whole.

So much for region 1 being down like alot of people said. I don`t think its down a bit, its just that some of the teams that people normally expect to be on top aren`t, and some of the teams who were suppose to be bottom teams are up this year. I think its great, the tradition powers are still powers, but the region is more competitive as a whole.

825373142[/snapback]

Congrats on Jeff Co's big win tonight. Did you go to the game tonight? If so, we'll need a good scouting report. :D

Congratulations on the win.  All is not well in Bulldog country.  What else can one say?

The opposition has scored 221 points on Bearden, while the Bulldogs have only managed 49 points on the season.  Tonight was the third shut-out of the year.

825373239[/snapback]

Please don't take this wrong, but the Bearden Band is absolutely awesome!

Tonight was a magical night for the Cougars. These young men are really getting the community psyched up for the end run to the season. I was going to stay home and listen to the Science Hill game on the radio, but after tonight, it is time for a road-trip!

Congratulations CCCHS. You guys were everything you said you were. We came we saw and you kick our a@#. Good luck the rest of the year. Hope you guys win out. That Johnson kid is a great running back. I was very impressed with him, very hard runner and never quit trying to get that extra yard.

Watch our SD... here comes the Dogs...This should be the game of the year...

Congratulations on the win.  All is not well in Bulldog country.  What else can one say?

The opposition has scored 221 points on Bearden, while the Bulldogs have only managed 49 points on the season.  Tonight was the third shut-out of the year.

825373239[/snapback]

Your right. But everyone keeps telling me that Maynard is a defensive genious...

I think that part of our problem is that our kids are tired. I had it pointed out to me tonight that we have some kids that have played in 8,9, and even one kid 12 quarters of football this week. from the freshman game to the Jv to the varsity. This cant be good on keeping some of our starters fresh. Oh well you guys have a great team up there. good luck the rest of the year. You made a believer out of me.

Well, so much for BHSfootball and his stumptails needing fodder for the bullitin board???????????????? unless they want to get some from the Laff-a-lot Press next week on the homecoming victory.

BTW congrats on Campbell Co. football history, first time to get over the 4 win hump. thumb

825373212[/snapback]

Get a life, loser.

I left it all out on the field tonight. That's all I have to say.