Campbell Co blanks Bearden 34-0

VolViking

Friendly, scenic atmospheres reside across the state, but few possess the comfort and splendor of Campbell County.  The foothills of the Cumberland Mountains provide a potent postcard backdrop for a suddenly prominent football team. 

And Chris Johnson is a sickeningly talented running back.  Really...just a great great player.  I can't wait to see how far he takes this Cougar squad.

The game didn't go as we anticipated in our portion of the booth (that is, the Bearden portion), but it was still a good experience.  We wish the Cougars the best of luck during the rest of the season.

Also, to those listening to WUTK on the radio or via webcast, sorry for not airing most of the first half.  There was a serious telephone mixup in the station that prevented us from patching into the system until there were 3 minutes left in the first half...we were ticked, but there was nothing we could do.  We're extremely sorry for the inconvenience.

825373590[/snapback]

Last night's contest reminded me of the Campbell Co vs. Jefferson Co contest. The Cougars entered the game full of fire only to see Chris Shiverdecker take the opening kickoff all the way for a TD, a TD they Cougars never had an answer for. Likewise, the Bulldogs were ready, but on the Cougars' first 2 offensive plays, Chris Johnson went for 83 yards and a TD and followed that up with a 88 yard TD. WIth the Cougar Defense, the game was essentially over in the 1st quarter.

Edited by VolViking

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The AD had nothing to do with the schedule. The previous staff at Clinton made the schedule. Unfortunately, they only scheduled 9 games; Bell Co. was added because of the money that was promised to go and play them (Clinton only had 4 home games). Next year will be the first year that the new staff has control of the schedule, but it looks like there will be 7 region games, AC, Oak Ridge, and one yet to be determined nonregion opponent. All the coaches at Clinton do their own scheduling.

Edited by marcvols

I will publicly apologize to good ol' BHSfootball for getting under his skin. No harm or disrespect intended, but young man you need to learn to roll with the punches and have a little fun with these things or you will wind up with high blood pressure and other problems in your old age just like the rest of us. Good luck on rebuilding your program and I hope what ever you left out on the field Friday night isn't something that CampbellCo.Man84 will have to use a pooper scooper to remove bofore Monday practice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:angry: thumb

BTW I can't give DB to you unless it is a pure horrible night for them, but at 5 - 2, I can see Sci. Hill and Karns as definite chances to reach the winning mark of over .500 this year as well as a ticket to the BIG SHOW

Last night was the best game EVER played by a Cougar team. All of the elements were there on offense, defense, and special teams. The O-line gave Johnson and company all the protection they could hope for last night. It's to bad that the administration had to call out our fine local law enforcement to protect the goal posts. Even though I think everyone would consider a win over D-B an upset it is very well within the realm of possibility the way this team plays. Bearden did come to play I just don't think they realized what they were up against. Their band is truly awesome. I have to say that Campbell County has also has a great band program it is just down in numbers this year. WesVols it was a pleasure to meet one of the big contributers to these boards. I can't wait to make my return to Johnson City this week.

Last night was the best game EVER played by a Cougar team.  All of the elements were there on offense, defense, and special teams.  The O-line gave Johnson and company all the protection they could hope for last night.  It's to bad that the administration had to call out our fine local law enforcement to protect the goal posts.  Even though I think everyone would consider a win over D-B an upset it is very well within the realm of possibility the way this team plays.  Bearden did come to play I just don't think they realized what they were up against.  Their band is truly awesome.  I have to say that Campbell County has also has a great band program it is just down in numbers this year.  WesVols  it was a pleasure to meet one of the big contributers to these boards.  I can't wait to make my return to Johnson City this week.

825373865[/snapback]

It was nice to meet you too! It's amazing how many people in this state are united by this website. It's like a really big fraternity that lets women in, too.

Have fun in Johnson City...I hope the Cougars make the long drive worthwhile by embarking on a few long drives on the field! Keep Brandon under tabs up there...let me know if he causes you any problems in the booth. :angry:

As much as CC has improved, they are a definate playoff contender and could possibly make it to the 2nd maybe even 3rd round of the playoffs. But DB is a state title contender, even though CC has upped their level they still need to up their level again to beat DB. Unless they (CC) plays their best game of the season and DB plays very bad i dont see it happening.

As much as CC has improved, they are a definate playoff contender and could possibly make it to the 2nd maybe even 3rd round of the playoffs. But DB is a state title contender, even though CC has upped their level they still need to up their level again to beat DB. Unless they (CC) plays their best game of the season and DB plays very bad i dont see it happening.

825374069[/snapback]

Let's see first how the Cougars do against Science Hill after the 3 hour bus ride. If the Cougars play as they are capable, with the understanding Science Hill is down with injuries, Campbell Co could clinch thier first ever playoff spot.

Then with KDB coming to town, who knows? Would you have thought we would even be having this discussion at the start of the season? Keep believing Cougar Nation!

Rivalries are rivalries with just about every team in the country and I'm sure Campbell Co. probably has someone they consider a rival. BUTTTTTTTTTTTTT Science Hill should probably be the rival of every team in at least East Tennessee since they produced Steve Superior back in the leather helmet days. If that isn't enough to motivate you then take a 3 point "it ain't gonna happen again" attitude to Johnson City with you.

BTW see if the powers that be will let you leave early enough to have a good meal and stretch the "bus legs" out before playing an important game such as this one............. thumb

I know that we've said that the Sevier County game was the biggest game of the season and then then Bearden game was the biggest of the season but I can honestly say that this is the biggest game of the season because this game decides if we deffinately go to the playoffs and the first winning season EVER at CC. The 5 win isn't good enough for us!

I know that we've said that the Sevier County game was the biggest game of the season and then then Bearden game was the biggest of the season but I can honestly say that this is the biggest game of the season because this game decides if we deffinately go to the playoffs and the first winning season EVER at CC. The 5 win isn't good enough for us!

825374867[/snapback]

WOW, Great attitude. I may make the trek from Lexington, KY. to Johnson City to see this one. I commend Wells and company for instilling this attitude into you guys. I know one game at a time is a cliche, but you all are living examples of it!! Keep it up and beat the toppers. thumb

DL92 as much as i hate to say it, your probably right. And im not sure it would just be a little different either. Campbell Co. is an awesome team this year and they are still prob one of the lesser teams Clinton has played. I honestly believe the Clinton schedule is the hardest in the state w/ Bell Co. KY a top team in KY, Oak Ridge, Carter, West, Anderson Co. Central, and CC. I think it is an accomplishment to say you beat any of those teams.

825373396[/snapback]

you know cdragonz123, ccchs would never schedule those teams, they are confidence killers.