Greeneville/ Morristown West

barb

I too am surprised there is no more action than there has been - from either team. The banter between both sides is unusually absent - hmmmm. I hope it is not an indication of the turnout for Friday.

Trojan fans, come out and support YOUR team. The boys have been working hard this week and seem eager to play. It's looking to be a good matchup with the conference title hanging in the air like a pinata. Depending on the outcome of Friday night, things could take an interesting turn.

This game is usually the largest home gate, second only to Morristown East. Arrive early for choice seating.

'scanner, doing great thanks and looking forward to the game - I trust you are as well. Did you realize Friday is Senior Night? Just found out tonight at the QB club meeting. I hear the "bug" has lightened up a little this week? How's #16? That was a nice article Sunday - would like to see another this weekend.

Morristown West faithful, now is a great time to come out and support the team - Friday could be a season maker/breaker. I'll be looking for a nice crowd.

Thick and thin.

GO TROJANS!!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess noone is willing to stick there neck out. Usually West fans are a bit more confident in their teams ability to hadle Greeneville as they do consistantly. I can't believe a loss to East could affect the fans this much. Greeneville is bringing an undefeated conference record to Morristown friday and has every intention of leaving that way. I think they have finally found their game. Lets just hope they can keep a handle on turnovers and penalties.

This will be the first time in years that Greeneville may actually be favored over West. One of the keys will be whether the Trojans' defense can give a solid effort for four full quarters; no big plays, control the line of scrimmage, and press the QB. If the D comes thru, West has a very good chance of winning Friday night and continuing in their quest for another region championship which can happen if they win out (Volunteer at home, Cherokee away).

Looking ahead....

A G'vegas win Friday would gives the Devils at least a share of the region title. A loss by East to Volunteer would give G'ville the title outright regardless of next week's game with the 'Canes.

The best Cherokee can probably hope for is to be the 2nd seed from region 2 in the playoffs. The loss to G'ville (in Rogersville) a few weeks back is growing larger in importance as the season winds down.

East also has a chance to become the #1 seed but to do so the Canes must win out and West must lose to G'ville but beat Cherokee. The loss to the Chiefs last week was devastating to East's championship hopes.

Morristown%20West.gif

No matter what the records are. This game will be a bloodbath. A slobbernocker. These 2 teams do not like each other. I will never forget watching the quarterfinal game between these teams 2 years ago. I never saw 2 teams get together that hate each other as much as these teams do. I have watched some good rivalry games too

Maryville vs Alcoa

Maryville vs Heritage

Maryville vs William Blount

Maryville vs Knox Central

Gatlinburg Pittman vs Seymour

Portland vs White House

Knox Halls vs Knox Central

None of these have the bitter hatred that Greeneville vs MOWest does.

No matter what the records are. This game will be a bloodbath. A slobbernocker. These 2 teams do not like each other. I will never forget watching the quarterfinal game between these teams 2 years ago. I never saw 2 teams get together that hate each other as much as these teams do. I have watched some good rivalry games too

Maryville vs Alcoa

Maryville vs Heritage

Maryville vs William Blount

Maryville vs Knox Central

Gatlinburg Pittman vs Seymour

Portland vs White House

Knox Halls vs Knox Central

None of these have the bitter hatred that Greeneville vs MOWest does.

825379940[/snapback]

That particular game was the subject of quite a bit of contraversy that perhaps had emotions running a bit high. Greeneville is still a little sore about moving that game to Sevierville and changing the date and time. Water under the bridge...

This is a huge rivalry but I would not call it hatred. In Greeneville we reserve our hatred for Science Hill during basketball season.

Edited by barb

That particular game was the subject of quite a bit of contraversy that perhaps had emotions running a bit high. Greeneville is still a little sore about moving that game to Sevierville and changing the date and time. Water under the bridge...

This is a huge rivalry but I would not call it hatred. In Greeneville we reserve our hatred for Science Hill during basketball season.

825379965[/snapback]

BARB, WHO ARE YOU! NO ONE CARES ABOUT BASKETBALL THIS TIME OF YEAR! GOOD TRY WITH YOU BRANDON GASH COMMENT, HE WILL NOT BE PLAYING BASKETBALL-YOU ALREADY HAVE THE REST OF THE ATHLETES IN THIS SCHOOL!

BARB, WHO ARE YOU!  NO ONE CARES ABOUT BASKETBALL THIS TIME OF YEAR!  GOOD TRY WITH YOU BRANDON GASH COMMENT, HE WILL NOT BE PLAYING BASKETBALL-YOU ALREADY HAVE THE REST OF THE ATHLETES IN THIS SCHOOL!

825380732[/snapback]

You do not have to shout. I am a Devil fan and thats all. For the record ,my only connection with the school is my daughter graduated from there. We rarely if ever miss a football game,even when it rains. I hate it when people make comments like Rebelron that make us sound like a bunch of thugs coming to MoWest looking for trouble.Based on mutual admiration, Science Hill would evoke more emotional dislike. And since we do not play them in football, we can only "strongly dislike" them during basketball season.And just who are all the " rest of the athletes in the school". Be careful you don't insult your fellow teammates. As for Gash, I was merely speculating on his playing this year based on his having participated in the past He actually got varsity playing time his freshman year. I realize he didn't play last year but with his stregnth and speed he would be an asset for the team. And it is time to start thinking about BBall, practice starts soon.

Edited by barb

42-

glad to see you post--hope your college and football careers are going well--

d-

will be out on the field tomorrow night (unless we get rained out)--

16 still has a nagging groin pull but if he can kickoff like he did last week and kick 40-yard field goals then I guess he's ok--

I personally do not hate greeneville and know several of the kids there that played soccer with my son--just want to see west play a good game, win, and take another step to the playoffs--