Campbell Co @ Science Hill

VolViking

The Campbell Co. Cougars (5-2 / 3-1) visit the Science Hill Hilltoppers (4-3 / 2-2) in a huge game for both teams that will decide a playoff berth in Region 1 5A. The Cougars are in a tie for 2nd place in the region with Karns, behind Kingsport Dobyns -Bennett. A Cougar win will clinch a first time ever playoff berth for the Cougars.

Against common opponents, the Cougars blanked South Doyle 20-0, SH won over SD 27-25. SH defeated Bearden 49-23, the Cougars blanked the Bulldogs 34-0. Against Sevier Co., the Cougars pitched another shutout 8-0 and the Hilltoppers fell to the Bears 23-7.

Campbell Co is coming off a huge 34-0 homecoming victory vs Bearden and the Science Hill Hilltoppers will try to rebound from a 42-7 loss to Jefferson Co. The Cougars also lost at Jeff Co by a 35-0 margin.

The momentum appears to be on the Cougars' side. However, how much of a toll with the 3 hour bus trip take on these hard charging Cougars? Can a banged up Science Hill team contend with the tenacious Cougar defense? Will the Hilltoppers have a way to stop Chris Johnson, who is having a stellar season running behind a tough & fiesty offensive line? Thoughts . . . ?

Edited by VolViking

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

S.Hill is simply too banged up to win this game against CC IMO. They already had some players hurt before friday nights game against Jeff Co, and they had more players hurt in the game. I will tell you that no matter they will come out and hit you hard, friday nights game was the hardest hitting game I`ve seen all season. Maybe with another week the S.Hill offense will get better, I can`t see it happing though.

CC by 14

WOW I never thought I'd hear JC4Life go out and pick Campbell Co. But hey, he did make a good pick.....Science Hill will be tough though, we're gonna have to come out and play with the same intensity and fire that we have been for the past 4 weeks. Because no matter what our record is, or what we do...I'm sure Science Hill, just like Seveir Co and everyone else, will consider it an embarressment to lose to Campbell Co. So i gaurantee they come out and try to beat us worse than they would anyone else.

Science Hill was always tough during my ETSU days. They will be playing to win at home to avoid what they would call an upset. It doesn't matter though the Cougars are rolling and they will need a big win to get in the playoffs and carry the momentum to face region power D-B. As far as stats for science hill try googling the Johnson City Press or the Kingsport Times.

Wow! So many change of hearts. I'm glad that we can make people believe but there is still so much to prove not just to the people but to ourselves. We need to have a good good week of practice and cut down on the mental mistakes because Science Hill isn't gonna be a pushover by any means. This may be the hardest fought game all season. And I'm glad that Chris is up for Prepxtra Player of the week again. He deserves to win. Go Cougars!

ONE HEARTBEAT!!

WOW  I never thought I'd hear JC4Life go out and pick Campbell Co.  But hey, he did make a good pick.....Science Hill will be tough though, we're gonna have to come out and play with the same intensity and fire that we have been for the past 4 weeks.  Because no matter what our record is, or what we do...I'm sure Science Hill, just like Seveir Co and everyone else, will consider it an embarressment to lose to Campbell Co.  So i gaurantee they come out and try to beat us worse than they would anyone else.

825375001[/snapback]

If S.Hill wasn`t so banged up I`d be picking them to win. CC has yet to play DB, hasn`t played Karns, and plays SH this week, and the one really good team CC played beat them 35-0. What happens these next 3 weeks will decided how I rate CC.

I am impressed with this CC team. Like I have said in another post they play as a TEAM. They aren't flashy, and don't have the most talent I have seen, but they play extremely well together...which I haven't seen at Campbell County in a long while. I know nothing about SH as I live in Kentucky so I am distanced from TN football. I know I hope CC does well this week. thumb