Campbell Co @ Science Hill

VolViking

For SH but picking CC

825375278[/snapback]

I`m not for either team, I could care less who wins or losses because it has no factor on Jefferson Co. I will be pulling for SH when they play Karns, I may even go to the game. I can`t say I`m really that suprised about what CC is doing, in the preseason I picked both them and Karns to be much improved. They have yet to play well against a good opponet, like I said before these next 3 weeks will tell alot.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jc4life you are correct in stating that ccchs hasn't beaten a good team yet, but hey that's what scheduling is for to build up confidence going into the tough part of the region. in the past these teams they have played in the region so far have always been middle of the road to good teams and always loosing to them. now these teams are in a down cycle and ccchs still has the same quality of athletes as well as coaching and are picking up ccchs history making season (5 wins). that's all good and well but can they compete against a good team (who knows). science hill is banged up and won't lose at home, then db goes rolling down into ccchs land and hollers "roll tribe roll", then off to karns (who is a bottom dwellar right above ccchs history and doing well also in this down year) with that game deciding if they are ever going to be over 500 and a trip to the playoffs (maybe). i bet they close school down or let the football team leave at 12 noon (you know education is important) just to travel to the football game.

i'll leave my prediction for later in the week but right know i would lean towards sh in this one because it's on there turf.

If Campbell Co makes the playoffs will there be a riot?

825375617[/snapback]

I'd like to be in the press box to see Campbell Co. win No.# 6 and clinch a first ever playoff berth. Not because its that important to ME, but I'd say that excitable radio announcer they have will probably wet himself right there in the box and will have to turn over the show to the color man. Now that would be a high school football history highlight. ;)

BTW, I posted this once before, but you guys need to pressure the powers that be, school admin., school board, etc. into allowing a very early departure to allow a good healthy pre-game meal and time to stretch the "bus legs" off before the game.

If Campbell Co makes the playoffs will there be a riot?

825375617[/snapback]

I don't know but I was ready to tear the goalpost down Friday night. Unfortunately the gutless administrators had armed cops and a freakin k9 unit there. Too bad it could have been something special bbut as usuall the old folks ruined it for everybody.

we are not claiming to be good enough be state champions, I know that the region is down a little, but in the preseason we were predicted to finish last, and know we are pushing to finish in the top 3 in our region. and we are having the best season that campbell county has ever had and people are dogging us, not giving us any credit, In years past these same region team have been down and still blew us out and we are now able to compete and we are still not good enough.

we I have news for all the nonbeliavers campbell county is for real! these kids work too hard to try and turn this program around, just to be told they are not any good!

all I have to say is wait till the end of the season to say anything disrespectful to this hard working group!

Edited by CampbellCo.man84

I`m not for either team, I could care less who wins or losses because it has no factor on Jefferson Co. I will be pulling for SH when they play Karns, I may even go to the game. I can`t say I`m really that suprised about what CC is doing, in the preseason I picked both them and Karns to be much improved. They have yet to play well against a good opponet, like I said before these next 3 weeks will tell alot.

825375449[/snapback]

Sorry that the Cougars' schedule does not meet the high standards of traditional powers like Jefferson Co. However, Clinton (1-7) is a natural rival who is going through a rebuilding project with a new coach. Scott Co. (3-4) is also a natural border rival. I don't know why we scheduled MoEast (2-5), but it was a fun game.

However, I notice that Jeff Co.'s non-region games include Rhea Co. (despite a 4-3 record in cellar of Region 4 4A), MoWest (lost to MoEast) and Cocke Co. (2-5 cellar dweller in Region 2 4A).

True, Jeff Co. will coast through Sevier Co., SD & Bearden, but you still better keep an eye on the Cougars. Despite the pasting JC put on the Cougs, we are still 1 game up on you in the Region. The Cougars lost 3-0 to Science Hill last year with Johnson not at full speed. They led KDB for 2 quarters before losing by a larger margin that was not indicative of the game. Karns is always a barn-burner. In this year of miracles for the Cougars, don't print you home play-off tickets yet! :rolleyes: