Campbell Co @ Science Hill

VolViking

5-5 thanks to CC,that lost cost Jefferson Co a trip to the playoffs in coach K's last season :) I still remember CC lighting off fireworks after the game, and going totally crazy. Left a REAL bad taste in the mouths of the players(and I should know) thought about that game until we played CC again the next year.

825379746[/snapback]

The fireworks are courtesy of PyroShows who is headquartered in LaFollette - you know, the guys that set off a couple of firecrackers for Boomsday. :)

It is a tradition the Cougars started a few years ago. It is always nice to see them light up the sky after a Cougar TD and especially a Cougar win!

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CCReciever08, that is a great attitude to take into the game. You know what they say about a wounded animal . . . The Hilltoppers know their slim playoff hopes hinge on an upset victory Friday night. They will throw everything at you in an effort to survive.

BTW, did the official Cougar stats credit you with the last Cougar TD vs. Bearden? On www.lafollettecity.com, you were credited with a 1 yard run/TD. Let me know if I missed it. Great heads-up play in my eyes!

CCReciever08, that is a great attitude to take into the game.  You know what they say about a wounded animal . . . The Hilltoppers know their slim playoff hopes hinge on an upset victory Friday night.  They will throw everything at you in an effort to survive. 

BTW, did the official Cougar stats credit you with the last Cougar TD vs. Bearden?  On www.lafollettecity.com, you were credited with a 1 yard run/TD.  Let me know if I missed it.  Great heads-up play in my eyes!

825380318[/snapback]

Yes they did credit me with that TD. But none of the papers credited me with the TD. Thanx VolTimesSportEditor..haha. I'll come get those asap

If Johnson runs as he has lately there will be no stopping him.  I saw the Scott Co. game, and he was tough.  Scott County had a pretty big line also, and they couldn't stop him.  I say it will be a low scoring game that will have some hard hitting. 

Does anyone know if Memorial Stadium is considered school property; if not would it be illegal to tail-gate on the grounds if you have alcohol in the cooler?

825377823[/snapback]

hey if its leagal its leagal if its not its not but anyway its gonna be a big time.

Hey its me Tierney, if yall remember me Derek and Devin. I have to admit, if I had one regret and that was leaving the team before the start of our freshman year at CCHS. It was fun playing with yall at Jacksboro. Hearing that a few the old gang might be going up to Sci Hill, I might be interested. I think the biggest reason i left team was and injury I had. Yall might remember, but before I played at Jacksboro, I had a bike accident where i tore my knee wide open, which I never told anyone, it really was too soon to play, but i did, when I went to the H.S is when it really started to bother me. That and also committing myself to the JROTC activites. Its cool that yall are here in the messages. C-yall around

hmmm a lot of people are picking ccchs to win in the big ones contest something around 70%.

ok here is the official pick by me this week.

sh - big loss in first game with the 2nd qb, will he perform better this week? defense gave up lot's of points to a good jeff co team.

ccchs - offense has momentum and defense still being stingy. playing on road in upper east tn. where home cooking isn't always in the kitchen.

ccchs - 21

sh - 28

hmmm a lot of people are picking ccchs to win in the big ones contest something around 70%. 

ok here is the official pick by me this week.

sh - big loss in first game with the 2nd qb, will he perform better this week?  defense gave up lot's of points to a good jeff co team.

ccchs - offense has momentum and defense still being stingy.  playing on road in upper east tn. where home cooking isn't always in the kitchen.

ccchs - 21

sh - 28

825382500[/snapback]

Unless the defense falls asleep on the 3 hour bus trip and doesn't make it into the stadium, no way does a 2nd string Qb rack up 28 points on the Cougars. It has been beat to death how the Cougars have only played a lower level of competition, but SH WITH their starting QB, only beat SD 27-25 and surrendered 23 points recently to Bearden. Even at full strength, I couldn't see SH putting 28 on the board unless the offense misfires several times and give the 'Toppers a very short field. I am not driving 3 hours to see my Cougs lose!