Tullahoma at Seigel

timbdp

mjuhb is right on - Districts 7 and 8 are going to be very competitive next year as well. Look for the strong teams to remain strong.

Siegel is a very young team - lots of speed and loses no seniors

Shelbyville's speedsters are mostly freshman - they lose just 1 senior

Tullahoma has 4 seniors on the team; only 2 started most of the season, though, and they had thirty or more girls in the Varsity and JV programs this year. Goalkeepers are a sophomore & freshman

Cookeville - ??

Several other teams are rebuilding - Blackman, Coffee County, Lincoln County

See you all next year!

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

less than a minute to go in the game....tullahoma puts a shot on goal keeper grabs it and starts to walk out and as she is kicking it ref calls a 6 second violation which gave tullahoma an indirect kick right outside the box

825382318[/snapback]

Someone's facts are suspect or my understanding of the Laws of Soccer are lacking (certainly a possibility):

If the keeper was in the box when the violation was called the indirect free kick should have been in the box, not outside, right? "Point of the foul" and all that.

Just some ramblings:

I'm curious - had the referee given any indication to Siegel that he wanted the pace of restarts picked up or was this call really completely "out of the blue"? I heard there was never a ball by the goal, keepers had to retrieve balls from well behind the goal to take goal kicks, ball-handlers were slow, etc. Referees are human - maybe he had expressed some dissatisfaction with host team support or detected a pattern of deliberate delay (including things such as kicking the ball far out of bounds) - my guess is that warnings may have been issued to other players or the bench. That being said, as others have pointed out, there is NO requirement for a warning to proceed the call.

Tough to have the game tied up on that sort of a call, though. However, remember that the referee didn't actually award a goal for that, he just whistled down an infraction and gave the opposing team a chance to play the game.