Coach Flatt is out of touch

fishinternet

What a load of arrogant nonsense from both of you.  My son attended an

MBA football camp the year before he came to BA.  Two of the coaches

from the MBA staff personally encouraged him to apply to MBA rather

than BA.  Does this constitute recruiting?  Of course not! You guys are

full of it.

825383717[/snapback]

I was at BA football camp when CCF told point blank to the parents of some one that if they wanted to play at BA, they had to repeat 8th grade. This individual was in perfect academic standing (MBA didn't ask him to repeat 8th grade) but CCF said he couldn't come out for the team if he didn't repeat 8th grade....so he went to MBA instead...believe it, or not....how do I know? it was my brother...

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Oakland
Wes vol...I would call contacting my 7th grade son to come to the Championship game and then attend a banquet at BA afterwards more than interest.....how about  more than 10 phone calls and"contacts"...that is besides the point...if anyone believes ALL the players just show up there...I will show a ZERO federal deficit today!!

I still cannot believe how Moore was treated...........

825383722[/snapback]

as an outsider i have no clue if flatt recruits or not so im not gonna speculate about it, but i will tell you what i do know: success recruits itself. flatt doesnt need to go recruiting kids, the parents know that when you talk about tennessee hs football, BA is right there at the top, why would flatt need to recruit with the success that brentwood academy has had? carlton flatt is the definition of class. im like wesvols, if spreading the name of the school you coach at and what its about is a crime then every single head coach is guilty of recruiting

MBAalumnus Posted Today, 11:19 PM

QUOTE(jek @ Oct 16 2004 - 12:15 AM)

What a load of arrogant nonsense from both of you.  My son attended an

MBA football camp the year before he came to BA.  Two of the coaches

from the MBA staff personally encouraged him to apply to MBA rather

than BA.  Does this constitute recruiting?  Of course not! You guys are

full of it.

I was at BA football camp when CCF told point blank to the parents of some one that if they wanted to play at BA, they had to repeat 8th grade. This individual was in perfect academic standing (MBA didn't ask him to repeat 8th grade) but CCF said he couldn't come out for the team if he didn't repeat 8th grade....so he went to MBA instead...believe it, or not....how do I know? it was my brother...

So a coach suggests to a player that it would be beneficial to repeat 8th grade

and you call that recruiting? That being the case, then the starting quarterback

on MBA's eighth grade team must have been recruited since he is was an

8th grader at Brentwood Middle and is now an 8th grader at MBA. Just following

your logic.

and you call that recruiting?  That being the case, then the starting quarterback

8th grader at Brentwood Middle and is now an 8th grader at MBA.  Just following

your logic.

825383785[/snapback]

umm...why would the football coach be telling my parents that my brother needed to repeat 8th grade? the admissions people, okay, I'll buy it. Not the football coach (how could he have seen a transcript? if you have a "transcript" in 8th grade). And don't kid yourself: if MBA didn't ask him to repeat 8th grade, he didn't need to go to 8th grade twice to make it at BA.

MBAalumnus Posted Today, 11:34 PM

QUOTE(jek @ Oct 16 2004 - 12:31 AM)

and you call that recruiting?  That being the case, then the starting quarterback

8th grader at Brentwood Middle and is now an 8th grader at MBA.  Just following

your logic.

umm...why would the football coach be telling my parents that my brother needed to repeat 8th grade? the admissions people, okay, I'll buy it. Not the football coach (how could he have seen a transcript? if you have a "transcript" in 8th grade). And don't kid yourself: if MBA didn't ask him to repeat 8th grade, he didn't need to go to 8th grade twice to make it at BA.

At the risk of this continuing to degrade into an insane and rediculous discussion,

you are missing my point. You are accusing BA of something that may very

well apply to MBA (pot calling the kettle black). Assuming that the situation described would even be considered a violation (I have no idea).

Guest region4fan

Congrats to Coach Flatt on becoming the winningest coach in TN history!!

Say what you will about him....but he was totally classy to our team when we played yall in game one.