Cross Country Team Disqualified

redbaron515

I was watching tv and listened to a story about a cross country team that was disqualified from a meet for wearing the yellow Lance Armstrong braclet! Judges didnt inform the team about this until the race was over. I think thats upsurde. Im not sure of what state this team was from, but I dont see what harm those bracelts are doing.

it's not REALLY a big deal but you have to keep in mind that without rules people would be wearing all KINDS of stuff. A line has to be drawn in the sand (ie., NO jewlrey) and if people cannot/refuse to follow the rules then they deserve whatever consequences they incur. It's certainly a rule that runners become well acquainted with, and it's certainly not a hard rule to follow or understand. I also do not believe it's the meet officials' job to remind the kids about the rule at the last second, it's the COACHES job to make sure his/her team is following all the rules. The coach of that team should have a come to Jesus meeting with himself becuase it's his fault that the team almost got DQd. I simply do not have any sympathy or tolerance for people/teams who either do not KNOW the rules or simply choose not to follow the rules. It's very easy, and everybody else "got the memo."