Greatest high school football memory

falconfan94

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Playoffs last year. we played riverdale, and pulled out every trick play. i was a gaurd and we did a motified fumble-roosky i ran it for 20 yards and got knocked out on the riverdale sidelines. got up and got some crappy things said so i hit some dude in the face, worth the penalty.

as a team had to be the region championship of 2002.

825386992[/snapback]

Hahaha.....I know who this is; that was great. I wish he would have hit you back and had a HUGE brawl on the field. That would have been a great memory.

Most of you are probably too young to remember, but Haywood had a very strong program from the late 1950's throught the late 1960's. One of my earliest memories of Haywood football was the Tomcats' 14 - 12 upset of the previously undefeated Jackson High Golden Bears in Haywood's homecoming game in 1964.

More recent memories would include:

Haywood's 7 - 3 victory over Brentwood Academy in the 4A semifinals in 1994. I can stilll remember Haywood's crowd counting down the last 10 seconds and the thunderous celebration that erupted at the end of the game.

Also, Haywood's unbelievable 24 - 17 comeback victory over Hendersonville Beech in the 1995 4A semifinals.

In both 1994 and 1995, Haywood lost the championship game to the Cleveland High Blue Raiders. (7 - 6 in 1994 and 14 - 3 in 1995)

I didn't have an answer for this thread when it was originally asked, but I do now.

The Portland/Livinston Academy game last week will undoubtedly be my favorite high school football memory for a long time.

Unless there's a couple games like that later on in this very season for LA.

But that game, with all of the hype going into, it definitely lived up to it and thensome.

Edited by jtidwell