Alcoa Football

TnVols23

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

After a self-mandated 2 month break from Coacht after the disappointing loss to Maryville, I am happy to be back on Coacht. There has obviously been a lot I have missed. But, to the main point, how do you think the mighty Alcoa Tornadoes will fare in 2-A chase for the state championship? After dismantling their 'toughest region contender' as quoted in the PrepXtra, Rockwood, and with the help with a somewhat easy second half of football, I believe that Alcoa is going to have a easy flight into the #1 seed of the 2A playoffs. I also believe that this will be their year to get to the state championship game, for the first time since the Coach Meadows, former Alcoa, soon to be former WB coach, era. Depending on who they play in the title game, I believe that we have a very good chance to take home the hardware this year.... All other opinions are encouraged.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another note on Alcoa football:

Bart Hicks did make an appearance at our high school today, much to the dismay of practically everyone I think, especially the 'team leaders', but it remains to be seen whether or not he'll be playing any at Alcoa. I don't blame him, because if I had left for WB and they ended up to be that bad, I would leave too.

After a self-mandated 2 month break from Coacht after the disappointing loss to Maryville, I am happy to be back on Coacht. There has obviously been a lot I have missed. But, to the main point, how do you think the mighty Alcoa Tornadoes will fare in 2-A chase for the state championship? After dismantling their 'toughest region contender' as quoted in the PrepXtra, Rockwood, and with the help with a somewhat easy second half of football, I believe that Alcoa is going to have a easy flight into the #1 seed of the 2A playoffs. I also believe that this will be their year to get to the state championship game, for the first time since the Coach Meadows, former Alcoa, soon to be former WB coach, era. Depending on who they play in the title game, I believe that we have a very good chance to take home the hardware this year.... All other opinions are encouraged.

825381826[/snapback]

I agree but it won't be easy after the 3rd round. thumb

I can tell you Lipscomb will  win. Tell me one thing that alcoa has that lipscomb can not stop

825382107[/snapback]

if alcoa can play physical against lipscomb, aint no way lipscomb can stop them. if alcoa can run the ball straight at them, they wont have a problem beating lipscomb. all it takes to beat lipscomb is to play physical, smashmouth football. if you don't believe me, watch the huntingdon vs. david lipscomb game at the 2003 bluecross bowl and you'll see that it can be done.

Edited by westTN2004