Alcoa Football

TnVols23

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

After a self-mandated 2 month break from Coacht after the disappointing loss to Maryville, I am happy to be back on Coacht.

Did it take two months to eat all that Crow TnVols23?

Also, If Bart returns to Alcoa will you take back all that verbal abuse you lambasted him with and publicly declare him the greatest linebacker ever at AHS?

Edited by MLREB

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After a self-mandated 2 month break from Coacht after the disappointing loss to Maryville, I am happy to be back on Coacht.

Also, If Bart returns to Alcoa will you take back all that verbal abuse you lambasted him with and publicly declare him the greatest linebacker ever at AHS?

825382212[/snapback]

I was wondering the same thing myself. How much has Hicks helped WB?

I think Alcoa is a good 2A team and will make a great run if they stay healthy. But if Alcoa gets what I call one dimensional to the run of one RB, the team may lose to one who has balance between the run and the pass. Great write up on Lindsey, but heck the guy gets over twenty touches a game or has made up about 45% of the total offence. Many eggs in one basket and a one man show but shut him down and the team is finished. Thus far Alcoa has not really been tested except for....ah you know who. Hold Lindsey under 80 yards, a little pressure on the QB and score a few TD's and Alcoa is done. Don't know if anyone in 2A can do it but that is the key as I see it.

I was wondering the same thing myself.  How much has Hicks helped WB?

I think Alcoa is a good 2A team and will make a great run if they stay healthy.  But if Alcoa gets what I call one dimensional to the run of one RB, the team may lose to one who has balance between the run and the pass.  Great write up on Lindsey, but heck the guy gets over twenty touches a game or has made up about 45% of the total offence.  Many eggs in one basket and a one man show but shut him down and the team is finished.  Thus far Alcoa has not really been tested except for....ah you know who.  Hold Lindsey under 80 yards, a little pressure on the QB and score a few TD's and Alcoa is done.  Don't know if anyone in 2A can do it but that is the key as I see it.

825382373[/snapback]

Please don't post if your gonna post false facts. Have you watched Alcoa's past 3 games. To me it looks like 14 15 carries over 100 yards per game. A little under 3 touchdows per game. Doesn't see like alot of carries to me. Logan has almost 200 yards on 20 carries and Darryl Tate has almost 200 yards on 25 carries. Joei has 918 yards with only 50 completions and 10 touchdowns. Doesn't seem one dimensional to me.

Edited by AlcoaBoi

825382212[/snapback]

You're getting kinda' contrary in your middle years. Do you realize you are half way to ninety? Feel the love brother!

Big win last night! Congrats.

GO TORNADOES!!!

BEAT HARRIMAN!!!

Alcoa has all the ingredients for a State Title team. Good quarterback,good receivers,good line and a stud tailback on offense. On defense they have a real good defensive line,good linebackers and an improving secondary. Alcoa will have a good shot this year of winning the state title. Next year there will be no doubt. Alcoa loses 1 senior off this team.

Alcoa doesn't need Bart Hicks. Hicks is a good player but he has been sitting the bench some because William Blount freshmen Will Irwin has outplayed him.

Just keeping touches to Running, Lindsey gets about 17 per game while Love, Tate and Stultz account for about 9 per game between them.  These numbers show that 67% of the ground game is on one kids back.  If he goes down, Alcoa does not have the depth to win a gold ball in my view.  I would like very much for Alcoa to bring home the gold, but I am just talking football.

825382657[/snapback]

He's a soldier he's not going down :P Atleast we hope not.

Just keeping touches to Running, Lindsey gets about 17 per game while Love, Tate and Stultz account for about 9 per game between them. These numbers show that 67% of the ground game is on one kids back. If he goes down, Alcoa does not have the depth to win a gold ball in my view. I would like very much for Alcoa to bring home the gold, but I am just talking football.

Lindsey is definitely the feature back in Alcoa's scheme. It has much to do with running out of the I. I don't know what percentage Dutchie Parker (78, 79) was of the running game but I would be surprised if it wasn't 90 or better.

Regarding injuries, any team that loses a key player has a difficult time overcoming it. In Alcoa's case, there are only a little over 400 kids walking the hallways. How many Dustin Lindsey's can there be? Maybe I am a little superstitious but I don't feel comfortable talking about this. Thanks for bringing it up.

if alcoa can play physical against lipscomb, aint no way lipscomb can stop them. if alcoa can run the ball straight at them, they wont have a problem beating lipscomb. all it takes to beat lipscomb is to play physical, smashmouth football. if you don't believe me, watch the huntingdon vs. david lipscomb game at the 2003 bluecross bowl and you'll see that it can be done.

825382132[/snapback]

the huntington/ lipscomb game is tatally different, they were bigger and faster. Alcoa is not, Lipscomb' s strength this year believe it or not is their defense. Their run defense is very good. Our linebacker are more physical as a group than last years. If running is all Alcoa has, then they do not stand a chance.