TnVols23

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, here's my intake on the situation. Alcoa definitely has all the tools to make it to Murfreesboro, and Lipscomb will give them their stiffest competition. I watched the Lipscomb- Goodpasture game, and I do agree that Lipscomb is good at stopping the run, but they'll have a more difficult time in stopping Lindsey. If they do stop Lindsey, than I don't see them stopping our air arsenal. Lipscomb was very suspect at times in stopping the pass, granted the #2 receiver would be hard to stop for anyone, (who had 8-10 catches, I believe), but there was a few more receivers that were making plays. We have receivers like that, and a D-1 prospect at QB. Our receivers have plenty of height (6'4, 6'2, 6'1), and our QB is very smart. If Lipscomb plays like they did against Goodpasture I believe Alcoa has a very legit shot at beating them.

Well, here's my intake on the situation.  Alcoa definitely has all the tools to make it to Murfreesboro, and Lipscomb will give them their stiffest competition.  I watched the Lipscomb- Goodpasture game, and I do agree that Lipscomb is good at stopping the run, but they'll have a more difficult time in stopping Lindsey.  If they do stop Lindsey, than I don't see them stopping our air arsenal.  Lipscomb was very suspect at times in stopping the pass, granted the #2 receiver would be hard to stop for anyone, (who had 8-10 catches, I believe), but there was a few more receivers that were making plays.  We have receivers like that, and a D-1 prospect at QB.  Our receivers have plenty of height (6'4, 6'2, 6'1), and our QB is very smart.  If Lipscomb plays like they did against Goodpasture I believe Alcoa has a very legit shot at beating them.

825386871[/snapback]

The game verse Goodpasture did not even begin to show how good LIpscomb is. Austin Rogers was put on Pat T all night. Burton Elrod did not even play safety. Our secondary will loojk alot different when playoffs come when Elrod and Rogers both play. I am from Lipscomb, I have a lot of respect for Alcoa do not get me wrong. We have so much speed and quickness, we will be able to stick with anybody. We are killing teams with major starters not even playing. ex. running back, safety, cornerback just to name a few.

We are killing teams with major starters not even playing. ex. running back, safety, cornerback just to name a few.

Well buddy, what's the difference in what your doing and what we are doing. I believe, since the Maryville game, and excluding the Willie B game, that our starters have been up at least 21 points by the end of the first quarter, but Coach Reid just doesn't take them out yet. What you said just doesn't provide a lot of insight on your team's ability. As fast and strong as Lipscomb may be, I don't think that they can stack up to Alcoa in those categories. If they win the game, it will be because of football mechanics.

Alcoa is going all the way.  We are going to the state championship, and were going to win it.

825387174[/snapback]

Very forward and optimistic my friend and good luck I am pulling for you.

However, Tom142 had a key point, stop Lindsey, and it can be done, and I think Alcoa is done prior to the first week of December. True Alcoa has a few more good players but they have not had to step up due to a weak region this year as compared to other years past. Having watched Alcoa twice this year and listened to two other games on AM 1470 (Part Time) most of the passing yards come after the pass is caught. If a secondary can cut those short passes down and the D stops or slows Lindsey Alcoa is beatable because they give up a few too many yards on the ground and have a tendency to have a few to many penalties caused by a lack of displine. Also if those un-sung hero’s on the front line who have done an outstanding thus far have an off game, Lindsey in not at all a power back who can knock guys down for that extra yard.

I do expect for Alcoa to make a serious run this year but as the post season draws near it becomes a whole different season for all. Good luck.

Well buddy, what's the difference in what your doing and what we are doing. I believe, since the Maryville game, and excluding the Willie B game, that our starters have been up at least 21 points by the end of the first quarter, but Coach Reid just doesn't take them out yet.  What you said just doesn't provide a lot of insight on your team's ability. As fast and strong as Lipscomb may be, I don't think that they can stack up to Alcoa in those categories. If they win the game, it will be because of football mechanics.

825387152[/snapback]

Well if u think Burton elrod at saftey and Jamie wilkerson at running back (you probably remember him real well) will not make a big difference than you must be crazy. I can not wait for lipscomb to shut all you up