Arbys Classic?

hshoops

your funny brock we would have waxed any team in your conference last year if we would have had the chance of doing it you figure because your are in a AAA program you guys would dominate we saw where you guys stood when white station dominated  you all over the floor last year with out prince even starting.We had one of the best starting 5 in upper east tennessee last year and they would have smashed you guys your not even in the same catagory as unaka when it comes to basketball brock.

825435260[/snapback]

Hey Waterboy, are you refering to SH in your post? are you saying that your rangers could of beat SH last year?? if thats the case then i believe you are off your mark. SH played and beat unaka last year, rather easily i must say too.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone tell me why Bradley Central did not get a invite back to the Arby's??? I think tenn. high doesn't like it when a southeast TN. team wins the gold ball. It doesn"t reflect good on the tournment. They want this thing to be a national rated tournment so how could a team from S.E. tennessee win if you are really a top 20 nation wide tournment???

Unaka is not better than those local schools you mentioned.  I am sure you are a little biased considering your name has 'ranger' in it.  If Unaka plays any of those teams this you they will get beat.  Like I said in an earlier post though, when Unaka plays those teams like Betsy, Sullivan East, Boone, etc. they are pumped and see it as a huge game, while the other team sees it as a let down especially when you know you have teams like Science Hill, DB and the other big schools around here to play.  I know you should be pumped to play every game but that is just how it is.

I would love to see Unaka in the Big 7 (is that still what it is called, the conference with DB and SH) or Watauga Conference.  You would then see what kind of program you have when you have to play those teams night in and night out.

825435117[/snapback]

Heck, we'ed love to be in the "Big 7". It would be an automatic trip to the Regionals. I mean, DB, Science Hill, Sullivan South., Sullivan East, Boone, Crocket, and Bristol. We could finish 4th in that, maby even 3rd. We hammer East every year. And I already know what your gonna say:"We beat ya'll last year." Well, our point gaurd was knocked out on a questionable dirty play. Tyler McCann, you know him, he was the State Tournament MVP, he was out. So was our post player, who had 26 in the REgion Semi's. We'd love to have a do over...... Have a wonderful day!!! :):blink: thumb

Heck, we'ed love to be in the "Big 7". It would be an automatic trip to the Regionals. I mean, DB, Science Hill, Sullivan South., Sullivan East, Boone, Crocket, and Bristol. We could finish 4th in that, maby even 3rd. We hammer East every year. And I already know what your gonna say:"We beat ya'll last year." Well, our point gaurd was knocked out on a questionable dirty play. Tyler McCann, you know him, he was the State Tournament  MVP, he was out. So was our post player, who had 26 in the REgion Semi's. We'd love to have a do over...... Have a wonderful day!!! B)  B)  thumb

825439122[/snapback]

Yeah you did beat East last year, but you didn't hammer then..you barely beat them...and they finished last in the conferenece. Here is who is in that conference:

Science Hill (They killed Unaka last year)

TN High (Also beat Unaka)

Sullivan South

Daniel Boone

Dobyns-Bennett

Davy Crockett

Sullivan East

You would be lucky to win a game in that conference this year and the Watauga conference is just as tough. You all keep acting like it is some conspiracy that nobody gives you respect but the reason is because you don't beat the bigger teams in East TN. You lost to SH, TN High, Sullivan Central and Happy Valley last year. If you would have beat those teams then maybe you would have a good argument but you lost to all them. Nobody said your weren't a good 1A team, you all had a great run last year in the state, but quit trying to think that you all can compete nightly with the 2A and 3A schools in East TN because you haven't yet and you still won't.

What team do you think I support? If you look at my location you can see it is Sullivan Central. Any yeah they beat you guys last year and the year before that and just a couple of weeks ago in a scrimmage. What are your excuses for those? Another questionable dirty play.

automatic?hmmmm,the hill,tenn high,db and boone would all put u out easily.hv beat yall handily twice last year and boone beat hv twice.unaka would be lucky to come in 5th if not 6th

825439166[/snapback]

Well, well. Look what tiny ol' Unaka( you know, that team that doesn't belong anywhere)did: They beat Boone 54-45. Yep, Boone really handled us. I don't think I've seen anyone get water as good as those boys did. Can you tell me now that Unaka wouldn't stand a chance in th "Big??? Seven". Didn't Boone beat Bristol last year. Why, yes they did. By 13 I think it was. And didn't Boone lose to D-B by ONE in the play-offs last year. Ya, they did that too. O.K., lets hear ya'lls excuses now. 'Cause thats all they are: EXCUSES!!!!!

Bradley Central didnt get invited back simply beacause they lost 4 of 5 starters and will not be nearly as good.

825439095[/snapback]

I love it, someone already not giving Bradley a chance because of what they graduated. They had the same situation three years ago and no one had heard of Justin Hare, Kellen Pickel, Chris Brown or Corey Pugh(didn't take long to learn their names). Bradley did loose a large amount of players but have several up and coming players and as several of you have noted one of the best coaches in the state. That's like saying White Station will not be any good because of graduation, come on!!!!

"Nobody said your weren't a good 1A team, you all had a great run last year in the state, but quit trying to think that you all can compete nightly with the 2A and 3A schools in East TN because you haven't yet and you still won't."

My freind, I believe we just did.

825442213[/snapback]

You beat the last place team in the Watagua (Johnson County) and the Big 7(Sullivan East). You got killed by Science Hill and TN High from the Big 7 and Sullivan Central and HV from the Watauga.

Get over it dude, Unaka can't beat the better teams in East TN and it has been proved. And you can't say "Well we beat Boone and they beat somebody who beat somebody else.." It don't work like that, you lost the big games. If you couldn't beat Central, SH, HV and TN High last year with probably the best team your school has ever had then I don't see you beating them anytime soon.

Edited by brock20

I love it, someone already not giving Bradley a chance because of what they graduated.  They had the same situation three years ago and no one had heard of Justin Hare, Kellen Pickel, Chris Brown or Corey Pugh(didn't take long to learn their names).  Bradley did loose a large amount of players but have several up and coming players and as several of you have noted one of the best coaches in the state.  That's like saying White Station will not be any good because of graduation, come on!!!!

825442326[/snapback]

Are you saying Bradley Central has the program that White Station does? Dont think so. How many state championships has bradley won lately ? The answer is none. Im just saying to be a visiting team at the arbys u have got to be really good. Dont try to tell me Bradley is as good as last years team.