region 8

dragon12

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the last couple of years region has been between Gtown and Houston. It was only 3 years ago that Collierville and Ridgeway got competitive. The region is opening a little but I want to see results before saying a new team will compete for region title.

Edited by dragon12

Guys it was a great tournament and I hate that I missed on Saturday due to a MS rumble out in Bolton. Does anybody have the results from the novice brackets? I know some of my young ones were still alive when things got quiet on Friday night. I know where most of them finished but wanted to know about the rest. Unfortunately we only had three in the advanced bracket at this tournement due to injuries and such. One of them was our heavy who wrestled his first matches as a senior in the advanced bracket and gained a lot of experience from it and the other varsity wrestler in it for us was far away from his weight for the season, not that they would have been the champ there but I think he would have been much more competitive. Anyway, somebody post the novice results for me please!

We have the complete results, but the big guy put them in his case and took it with him to N'ville when he went to the game after the Tourney. He will be back this evening, and we'll get them posted. We'll also send in the complete results to the CA, so hopefully they will get them in and your guys can see their names in the paper.

Thanks BOTW for at least getting in the results of the ADV finals here.

Hey BotW,

It was good to see you Friday night. Sorry I could not hang around and talk more but things were busy as you could obviously tell.

rddvltkdwn,

I figured you guys would have the results. I knew the big man was headed out of town, was just hoping that he would have left them at home rather than depriving all of us. Next time you will have to remind him to leave them for the enquiring minds <_< . On another note, it was very nice to finally meet you this weekend. I will be looking forward to seeing you around again. I also had a very nice conversatino with your son this weekend. He is such a well-mannered boy. He also seems to have his head on good and straight, both for wrestling and for things after.

I think Cordova is going to have a strong year this year as well but I just don't think they will have what it takes to knock of the dragons, roadrunners, or mustangs. I would also be very wary of the devils with their pitchfork sneak up on anyone. I actually have spy over in the wolves den who tells me first hand how hard they are working, so I think, due to my source's info, they will be a much bigger force than last year. Stewart is definitely primed to be the leader of the pack but he has a strong support crew in Mitchner (good kid who I love talking to), Ring, and others who I am curretnly forgetting to mention.

Hey SBA,

Lil Stidham was looking pretty good!  Looks like he put on quite a bit of muscle.  Those MS guys are looking like BEASTS Also!

825432443[/snapback]

Coach Bray,

You are right little Stidham has really packed on the muscle and I think as he builds his confidence he is going to turn into one heck of a power. We have to get him out of some of his big brother's mistakes, like trying a headthrow when that is not his style, though. I think the year of a lot of varisty experience last year as an eigth grader did him very very well. I am really gnna push him this year as he responds like his brother and really starts to reach his deep potential when he is tired and lets go mentally. I really do expect big things out of Stidham shortly. You got a lot of kids with some really talent. I hate that Wynn got sick and couldn't come out and wrestle with Jonas, that would have been a fun match. Oh and you have one heck of a great guying coaching with you in Velasco, I have a lot of respect for the both of you.

My middle school kids are working really hard and I have a lot of kids with tons of raw talent. Are you talking about any in particular or just in general? I do appreciate the compliment, the boys work very hard for me as I learn how hard it is to build a program as a beginning head coach there. Israel is still looking like the man at the light weights though. He is strcking up a friendship with my little blonde kid, Stratman, that I think could get Stratman to the point where he will give Izzy some real competition soon. I just hate the fact that at the lower MS weights I always end up with like 4 of the 5 competitors being from SBA, it happened again this weekend at Bolton where the only other kid was a beast of a fifth grader bumpipng up named Caleb Baker, watch out for this kid in the future, he is an animal. Where was Izzy? The Ridgeway MS team was supposed to be there from what I heard and never showed. Anyway I am not sure if we are coming to your place for pre-season this weekend or not there has been some talk from our two head coaches about taking the weekend off and getting one more day of practice since our first meet is Monday.

Edited by WrestleSBA

Ring,

Where will McNich be? He told me he was going to be back at 160 before too long.

Also, I usually try to stay neutral, but I'm going to show a little dragon pride for a moment. Collierville did graduate 6 starting seniors, but there are 5 or 6 more kids ready to step up and be difference-makers. At 103, Kent Johnson won preseason and has got to be the favorite in region. At 112, Blake Britcliffe is one of the best in region, and he placed second this weekend. At 125, Jeff Hunt almost qualified for state as a freshman last year, while wrestling 130 and weighing more like 120. At 135, David Hunt is a returning state placer (4th), and will probably end up being the best wrestler in the school's history at year's end (if he stays healthy and keeps his head on straight). At 145, Ryan Cullen looked very good this weekend, winning the tournament. At 215, Brett Rogers is one of the two best in the region, and i think he has a very good shot at being a 3x state placer. (He was one match away from placing, and really he should have placed, because the kid he lost to by two points went on to win the consolation bracket.) At HWT, James Lindow is a very good senior, and he's probably the second best HWT behind big Stew. Collierville is a little tender from 152-189 (they lost West, Graham, Brasher, and Faulkner), but they will definitely fill in the holes at the lower weights. The weight classes are just guesses, by the way. Also, I forgot to ask Coach Cottrell about Speroff, but he would be a region champ/state placer. Anyway, I'm just looking forward to seeing how it all plays out, but I wanted to respond to some of the comments about all the holes in the Collierville line-up. I think they will win the individual tournament with four region champs, five if Speroff returns. It's too early to tell on duals. From here on out, I'll be mostly neutral.

Who's going to the Collierville tournament the weekend after Thanksgiving?

Edited by best_of_the_west