Goose

rkwd2

Last year there was a 50 yd line presentation of the co championship, yet this year you just handed it off on the sideline and walked away. I would imagine a team winning the Co Championship would be news worth for a county paper. If you ever again wonder why you are so disliked down in Rockwood, remember how it wasn't worth 2 mins of your time to recogonize a great season by the tigers.

I think you're about the only one in Rockwood that doesn't like me and I'm not to worried about it anyway.

But FYI, last year was the first year the trophy was ever awarded which made it a little bit bigger of a deal no matter who won it. I realized last year that it probably wasn't a good idea to do that (public ceremony) on the opponent's field, but plans were made in advance last year to do a presentation since it was the first time. Also last year, the people who paid for the trophy were going to officially hand it out but they didn't come to the game.

Tonight, Rockwood's team left the field after shaking hands. Normally a team has a talk and that's when I planned on taking a team picture like what was done at Rockwood last year. Coach Webb also told his kids not to make a big deal about it on their field.

If you are tryng to build a tradition from scratch, should you not make it a big deal each year. If you want it to be a recognizeable thing you should try to include a little pomp and circumstance with it, not just give it to one rockwood player before the handshake. There was alot of confussion in the stands as to what it was that Rockwood had won a trophy for. I think that was probably most peoples gripe about how it was handled this year. Rockwood fans got to watch OS crowned last year, it would've been nice for the players, parents, and other fans to see Rockwood crowned this year.

Come on man there was no need in that crap. Honestly I think its good that Rockwood is county champs this season, but honestly who really cares about that. I personally think that the players and coach's go for region championship before they would a county championship

I agree region is more important, but like you said no one cares about the Co. Championship. I'm just sayng if you want people to take notice of/care about the Co Championship, then make it something to be proud to win is all.

Then I am sorry about that. I didn't realize there would be hurt feelings about it. I thought getting a trophy to honor the team was a good idea and still do.

Last year, Tommy Kilby, Dennis Ferguson, Ken Yager and the folks at Jerry Duncan Ford donated the money for the trophy and they were invited to make the presentation of the trophy after the game. That was why there was a presentation last year. It was supposed to be a photo op for them with the winning team, but it didn't work out that way and their I was doing a midfield presentation.

If I could go back and redo things, I wouldn't have presented it that way last year. In the future, I'll do things just as tonight if a team wins it on the road. If a team wins it at home, then they can decide if they want to do a formal presentation at midfield.

I planned on taking a team picture with the trophy after the game (without a ceremony), but Coach Webb didn't hold a team meeting.

Again if I offended anyone from Rockwood, it wasn't intentional. I personally didn't think people expected a ceremony. I know the kids were asking about the trophy toward the end of the game and that's why it was handed to them.

Right now, I wish I would have just waited and gave it to Coach Webb after shaking hands, but I honestly didn't think it was that big of a deal.

Edited by goosevol

Congrats to the Tigers on their victory tonight, and for being County Champs!! Thanks Goose for all you do. It is an honor. Its county Braggin rights. Its your award so you present it the way you and the coaches think best. Well on with the rest of the season. Play hard and stay focused. Good Luck.

GO TIGERS!

Edited by themagicrooster