Bearden

bdog3741

My son was on the freshmen team last year and we didnt even have a coach.  Those duties were divided up between different coaches.  I see how different they were treated than this group of freshmen are.  I see and hear things and can put two and two together and can see what is comming down the line.    I just wish I didnt have two more years to put up with this crap.  My youngest son is not as  tallented or as strong as my oldest but he has a lot of heart.  Other schools want him to play for them and I believe Im going to let him go.

825394040[/snapback]

my kid is also a 10th grader. Not only were the coaches divided to us most of them acted like the freshmen were a pain they had to endure. i have to agree with you if this staff isnt gone my younger son wont play here either.

Edited by bdog3741

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you remember when Last years freshmens team started to hit I do. It was two days before the west game cause they didnt have some sort of equipment. If im not mistaken i believe the season starts the same time every year.

I got question beside the Colquits what other players from bearden has gone on to play College ball. Lets Just go back to the start of the Maynard years.

Edited by bulldg75

Do you remember when Last years freshmens team started to hit I do.  It was two days before the west game cause they didnt have some sort of equipment.  If im not mistaken i believe the season starts the same time every year.

I got question beside the Colquits what other players from bearden has gone on to play Division 1-a ball?

825395117[/snapback]

Move to Faragut!

Do you remember when Last years freshmens team started to hit I do.  It was two days before the west game cause they didnt have some sort of equipment.  If im not mistaken i believe the season starts the same time every year.

I got question beside the Colquits what other players from bearden has gone on to play College ball.  Lets Just go back to the start of the Maynard years.

825395117[/snapback]

ummm it may take me a while to think of one.

Well tonight was the same story different verse. Sevier over Bearden. Best thing i saw was when we were down 35-0 and threw the half back pass for a TD. then kicked the onsides kick to follow it up with. Did you notice how quick Sevier put their first team back in? Besides why did we wait till we were down 35 to throw the Pass?

Who knows, This program is going down the toilet quickly, Thanks to our great leadership.

A side note. Pickle looked Real good at rb tonight. Stick with it and keep up the good work.

Maynard has got a hole big enough now to just about stink the entire highschool into it.

This program will not get another dime of my money nor will i lift a finger to help with anything as long as this guy is here. The Boosters need to follow suit and cut the program off untill something changes.

DO THE RIGHT THING AND RESIGN AFTER NEXT WEEKS GAME!

My son was on the freshmen team last year and we didnt even have a coach.  Those duties were divided up between different coaches.  I see how different they were treated than this group of freshmen are.  I see and hear things and can put two and two together and can see what is comming down the line.    I just wish I didnt have two more years to put up with this crap.  My youngest son is not as  tallented or as strong as my oldest but he has a lot of heart.  Other schools want him to play for them and I believe Im going to let him go.

825394040[/snapback]

And how many games did your son's freshman team win last year? Maybe this year's freshman class is being treated like something special because THEY ARE something special and have the ability to restore the name of Bearden Football!! Maybe another problem could be that the parents are too busy blaming everyone else like the coaches instead of accepting the fact that these group of guys playing just aren't that great...!!

Hey I believe  JKar  was pulling your leg but you can moan and groan till the cows come home there is not going to be a coaching change according to the principal  and Lynn Hill they said in last  weeks booster meeting that they would rather have a good teacher than coach. ( I think Maynard teaches drivers ed)  My son did say that the Offensive Co. probably gone so i guess they'll Put Rouse in his spot.  So next years team will all be sophmores.  Hey guess what these coaches sons are next year .

825393195[/snapback]

Bulldg75, it sounds like you are a player not a parent. If you are a parent then I have a problem with the "coach's sons" comment. If you are a player, I am sorry for your rough season, I hope things get better. Bad mouthing your coaches is not a positive step. Chuck Rouse is a good guy and to assume that his son will get special treatment is ignorant and juvenile. What has happened to high school sports? Competition among parents is increasing every year. I have seen it in every sport. If their kids are not starting, its because they are being cheated, treated wrong, or because someone is getting special treatment. There are only so many positions. High school sports are not recreation leagues. Everyone does not get to play. I just feel that some parents need to realize that their kids might not be better than the guy in front of him or her. Quit making excuses. Create your own rec league so that your child will be treated fairly and you can be in more control. Transfer to another school. Take up golf. Be in the band. you have choices, thats the point. Some parents make great coaches. Believe it or not they can be fair and unbias. Let you players compete for positions and speak for themselves. You can not fight all of their battles. You are doing them a great injustice. Granted, I am not in the Bearden family so I do not fully know your situation as far as the coaches go. I do know that the constant bad mouthing and negativity is extremely unhealthy for a kid to watch and take part in. I hope things work out for you or your son. I love high school sports, but the negativity brought on by parents who think they know everything is bring it down. Let them play.

To Dogs 4 life If you Have a clue last years Freshmen were not given a chance to win.

There coach quit, didnt have the proper equipment , and nobody wanted wanted to coach them, enough said cause you really dont know what your talking about.

To JWW my son is a warrior a sophmore benching 290 squatting 450 all the kids know him and knows what kinda competitor he is. I know what type a scrafices he's made and makes. There is certain type of goals that he wants to achieve that he'll never get the chance to reach, believe it or not, winning state is not one of them. He would like to, but all he wants to do is compete. Did you hear what I said COMPETE. I guess to you 1-8 record is competing and a fantastic year. I never have fought for my sons postions on the football squad trust me I dont have to .

Edited by bulldg75

And how many games did your son's freshman team win last year?  Maybe this year's freshman class is being treated like something special because THEY ARE something special and have the ability to restore the name of Bearden Football!!  Maybe another problem could be that the parents are too busy blaming everyone else like the coaches instead of accepting the fact that these group of guys playing just aren't that great...!!

825397442[/snapback]

That's ridiculous and exactly one of the problems we are having with the team right now. We are playing for the future and have been ever since the special treatment of the fresh. team started at the beginning of the year. It is painfully obvious to me and my teammates that this year's class is flat-out spoiled. And they are not the freaking saviors of Bearden High School football. These kids need to be brought down to Earth. I hear a number of FRESHMAN football players, yes, football players, walking the halls of our school trashing our football team. I even heard one kid talking trash to a JV member of our team saying the freshman team could beat our varsity. I think these boys need a whippin' from us upperclassmen. I hope that they get put into drills with us next week. That would bring them back to reality.

Let me tell you something: My class(class of 2006) did just as much, if not more, that this year's freshman class did in rec. league ball. We had more talent. My Bearden team won the county championship and the CBFO supermidgets that a number of Bearden players played on finished behind a Halls team that was loaded with players that started the very next year at Central. So don't feed us that talent crap. We were touted by many as the most talented athletic class ever to enter the doors of Bearden High School and still are. If we had had more attention and a better coach, as this year's fresh. team did, the sky would have been the limit.