Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

1.Campbell County

2.Kingsport Dobyns-Bennett

3.Karns

4.Jefferson County

825384121[/snapback]

ChrisBurr555555, I love your seedings, but the Cougars will have to play the game of their football lives to compete with Kingsport Dobyns Bennett. The Cougars overcame the worst officiating I have ever witnessed at any level in over 35 years of watching football to earn a come-from-behind victory at Science Hill. The physical game took its toll on the valiant Cougars with Soph QB Brance Stiner suffering a fractured hand. His status is unknown at this time. Other Cougars were bleeding, bruised and sore after this slobber-knocker of a game.

It is interesting that Sevier Co. and Jefferson Co. each close out their season with Bearden and South Doyle. If I understand it correctly, with Sevier Co. winnning out, they will bump Jefferson Co. out of the playoffs.

Unless I`m wrong Jefferson Co still holds the tiebreaker over CC, so Jefferson Co has two chances to make the playoffs.

1. win out, hope CC loses to both Karns and DB

2. win out, hope Sevier Co loses at least 1 more game.

Someone correct me if I`m wrong.

825384984[/snapback]

You are correct JC4Life. Jeff Co. needs help with a Sevier Co. loss to either South-Doyle or Bearden to break in the Top 4. After that, Jeff Co can move up in seedings with the Cougars losing their last 2 games. That would drop Campbell Co. down to the 4th seed, Jeff Co. 3 with Karn #2 and KDB #1.

You are correct JC4Life.  Jeff Co. needs help with a Sevier Co. loss to either South-Doyle or Bearden to break in the Top 4.  After that, Jeff Co can move up in seedings with the Cougars losing their last 2 games.  That would drop Campbell Co. down to the 4th seed, Jeff Co. 3 with Karn #2 and KDB #1.

825385147[/snapback]

Wait, so Sevier Co has to lose no matter what? If Sevier Co wins out, Jeff Co wins out, and CC loses both games, who gets in?

Wait, so Sevier Co has to lose no matter what? If Sevier Co wins out, Jeff Co wins out, and CC loses both games, who gets in?

825385160[/snapback]

Campbell Co. (4-1) has already clinched because they own the tie-breakers vs. Sevier Co. (2-3), Science Hill and the rest. Jeff Co. (2-3) appears to be the bubble team needing help with a Sevier Co. loss because the tie-breaker goes to Sevier Co. The way I understand it, if CC, JC and SC all end up 4-3, the Cougars & Bears will be going to the dance. Hopefully someone with more knowledge of the playoff scenarios will chime in, because I am not absolutely certain.