Campbell Co. QB sidelined for season

VolViking

Campbell Co. QB Brance Stiner broke the thubm (misspelled intentionally so the little green thumbs up guy doesn't pop up) on his throwing hand last night vs. Science Hill. According to his father, he will be out for the season as far as QB play goes. He may be able to play some DB in the regular season finale at Karns.

Stiner is a major reason for the Cougars' unexpected (by non-Cougar fans) success this season. Last night was his best outing of the season, rallying the Cougars from an 18 point deficit late in the 3rd quarter by throwing missles to Josh Allen & Eric Summers, 2 TDs to Allen in the 4th.

Of course the credit for the team's success is a true team effort. The Cougars are indeed playing with ONE HEARTBEAT.

Edited by VolViking

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How good of a back up can the MLB provide in the crunch for the next two-three weeks as the dart thrower?????????????

825384404[/snapback]

If any player can step in and help the Cougars maintain their momentum, it would be Brian Slover. He is a multi-talented athlete who played QB much of last season. The young man has faced his share of adversity, losing his strongly supportive father to cancer a few months ago. He is very resilient and a strong team leader on both sides of the ball.

How will he respond to having to go back to iron-man ball? Very well IMHO. He has a rocket for an arm and plays the game with an intensity not seen since Pete Rose was on the baseball diamond. He is listed in the Top 10 tacklers in the PrepXtra standings, so I can't say how having to play full-time QB will affect his overall level of play. However, if anyone can respond to this challenge, it would be Brian Slover.

I agree with volviking. I have seen every game the last two years and other than last night I don't see much of a drop off by having Slover under center. I believe in this team and I really think they will find a way to get the job done. I really hate that this happened to Brance after he played the game of his life. These guys have the heart to overcome this.

Guest Oakland
Campbell Co. QB Brance Stiner broke the thubm (misspelled intentionally so the little green thumbs up guy doesn't pop up) on his throwing hand last night vs. Science Hill.  According to his father, he will be out for the season as far as QB play goes.  He may be able to play some DB in the regular season finale at Karns.

Stiner is a major reason for the Cougars' unexpected (by non-Cougar fans) success this season.  Last night was his best outing of the season, rallying the Cougars from an 18 point deficit late in the 3rd quarter by throwing missles to Josh Allen & Eric Summers, 2 TDs to Allen in the 4th. 

Of course the credit for the team's success is a true team effort.  The Cougars are indeed playing with ONE HEARTBEAT.

825384388[/snapback]

when a team is entering unchartered territory and having the season that campbell county has, i really feel for them. i hope they can have players step up and not miss much of a beat. hope you beat DB

I am sorry to hear that about stiner, he had an amazing performance last night.  I think Slover can handle the job, but if I am not mistaken he had a pretty bad limp himself last night...  I hope he was not seriously hurt as well.

825384474[/snapback]

Brian Slover has had that limp all season long, dating back to a pre-season scrimmage vs. Knox West. However, the kid keeps making the plays, exhibiting great leadership & bringing a strong intensity to the game. An absolutely wonderful role model for the younger middle school and little league players.

Brian Slover has had that limp all season long, dating back to a pre-season scrimmage vs. Knox West.  However, the kid keeps making the plays, exhibiting great leadership & bringing a strong intensity to the game.  An absolutely wonderful role model for the younger middle school and little league players.

825384840[/snapback]

All great and wonderful, but does Campbell Co. have an adequate backup for Slover at MLB to take pressure and fatigue off of him???????????????

All great and wonderful, but does Campbell Co. have an adequate backup for Slover at MLB to take pressure and fatigue off of him???????????????

825385187[/snapback]

Larry Napier is getting better every game and will definitely put the pads to a ballcarrier. Oscar Byrge is in the PrepXtra Top 10 in tackles. Will have to look over the depth chart to see who the other possible LB may be, because I don't think Napier has played LB all year.

Against KDB, the Cougars may play some nickel and they do have some headhunters in the secondary.

Edited by VolViking