Maryville vs. Central

jlay68

Guest Rebelnation
I love all this tension, it's gonna be make for that much better of a game to watch.  Best game of the season in NE Tenn.  Can't wait!

825393003[/snapback]

Isn't it great?!! This is waht football should always be....we'd all live a lot shorter lives, but man it would be more fun!! :unsure:

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Maryville contains Helton and keeps him in the pocket then it should be a long night for the Bobcats. If not, Central will keep it close and might even pull out a win. It is a necesstiy for Maryville's d-line to stay in their rush lanes and get pressure, you have to keep #2 hymned in. This is a big order, because nobody has accomplised it yet. Central has no patience, make them drive the football. So many times they get impatient and try to big play you. I hate to say it, but Maryville is the more disciplined of the two defensively, they will play their assignments until you make a mistake. They don't take as many chances as Central does. My thoughts might be similar to other posters, but I don't feel like reading nineteen pages. Who wins? Who cares!

Guest Rebelnation

Does anyone know if Cassen Jackson is getting any reps at Vandy? It shouldn't be too hard with Kwane Doster the only real obstacle in front of him. I know Central fans miss him.

Nevermind, here is his stats...not sure why their calling him Garrison though(???)

RUSHING GP Att Gain Loss Net Avg TD Long Avg/G

Cassen Garrison 2 8 59 0 59 7.4 0 13 29.5

Edited by Rebelnation

All you Maryville sheep have been dogging Zach Helton all week, and talking like Cade Thompson is the best thing since Chocolate Milk, the little stats comparison seems to show a different view, and how many snaps do you think Helton has taken in the 2nd half of games this season. Everyone seems to think Cade Thompson will sit in the pocket all night and burn the cats at will, well guess what it aint gonna happen. REMEMBER these names Orlando Blair, Corry Jeffries, Josh Owens, and Kevin Dyer these are front 4 players for the Central D, Ill assure everyone, these kids are motivated due to their lack of respect, dont think these kids dont read CoachT. I have TREMENDOUS respect for Maryville and what they have done in the past and I will continue to respect the Blount County ALL STARS after Fridays loss.

:unsure: Go Bobcats

825392951[/snapback]

What is your constant obsession with the QB's? They are both good players but in different systems. I don't know how good your offensive line is but we have the biggest, most physical line we have had since 1998 and one of them is currently a back up center at UT. Cade is having a really good year because he plays within the system, often takes a three step drop, and due to the line rarely gets touched. I am not saying that will be the case tommorrow night but through the first 8 games it has. You might want to remember a few names as well, Bobby Browning, Jimmy Wallace, Matt Gardner, Cory Everett, and Rhett Brooks. Those are the four senior linemen your front four will be up against. For the record I think Helton is a very good quarterback, and a very good athlete. The worst thing I can say about him is that we will have to face him so many times before he finally graduates. He and Thompson are different types though IMO. Cade is more of a pocket passer and Zach often makes big plays with his feet by improvising. Both are obviously effective or this game would not be that big of a deal. Maryville is averaging over 40 points a game and I see many Central folks predicting Central wins in the neighborhood of 24-21 and 21-17. Those would both represent Maryville's low out put of the season which up till now was 24 at halls with 7 turnovers. Not saying it is impossible, but the odds would seem to be against it. I think our strength this year is our depth and ability to get plays from so many different players. Five to six receivers very comparable in ability and stats, two running backs with over 500 yards each and two others with over 250 each. If any of our players danced on someone's field after a game they would have the worst day of their life at practice the next Monday. Bragging that it is going to happen before the game is even played indicates a pre-meditated lack of class. I guess in that case I would rather be a sheep.

Hey JP, what happen to you last night?  I didn't see you at Chad's game.  They started the playoffs yesterday and they were put out of it by CBFO.  The final score was 9-0.  Chad was very upset after the game, you should've been there to talk to him.

825392801[/snapback]

i am glad i wasn't there, i expected them to win it all. i would not have tried to talk to chad, he needed some alone time.

They will also make the FG at the end this year. 20-17. The score would be worse but the Cats will have to overcome a few bad calls by the local officials.

I think the chances are very small that it will be a relatively low scoring game. If the game isn't close, it will likely be a runaway for maryville. If it is close, it will be a shootout, especially when you consider the offensive numbers put up by both teams.

casseen was vandys leading rusher this week against georgia, he will start getting alot more carries. he also forced a fumble on the kickoff team. any of you see cory robinson chaseing ainge around? CHS produces D1 players, thats why kids go there, :lol:  it is a football factory.

825393129[/snapback]

Football factory...yeah, that's what it is. With all that STEEPED tradition etc...mmmhmmm thumb

I'm ready for the talk to end and the game to begin.  This is the kind of game that makes you wanna put pads on!!

Cassen Jackson may be Vanderbilts starter in a year or so.  He has no real competition, like nation said.

825393116[/snapback]

Cassen does have competition. Jeff Jennings has gotten a little more time than Jackson and I understand he is listed higher on the depth chart. He has played running back in all 6 games, has more carries, yards, and a TD. Don't get me wrong, Cassen is a great player, but so is Jeff. In my opinion, Coach Johnson should sit McKenzie and Doster, and mix it up with the two young, talented guys. I saw Vandy play in person earlier this year, Cassen didnt get any carries, but Jeff did and he looked like the hardest runner, by far. My understanding is that Cassen looked like the best runner against Georgia...so why not try something new and let the freshmen start....it coundn't hurt, Vandy hasn't exactly been winning a lot of games this year. It will fun to watch these two East Tenn. guys share the backfield for the next 3 years. Good luck to both.

Hi Heath..continued success to your pats!!

I agree. It seems like Coach might be one of those "you only play if your an upperclassmen" coaches. They could be enjoying the kind of one/two punch many schools are enjoying this year with the younger kids (georgia, auburn,alabama,mississippi, tennessee). I know Jackson can produce and I take your esteemed opinion on Jeff. Together they sound tough.

I'm always happy to see an E TN kid do well. I'm very excited for Cory Anderson. He's my fav!! :lol:

Edited by dmoyers1