DB at Campbell Co.

ccDL92

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not gotten the chance to see either team in person this season. Being a DB Alum, I am naturally partial but I think they stand a good chance at the W in this meeting. I have heard nothing but good things coming from the Campbell Co. area regarding their football program, but with a new QB at the healm due to a broken finger from their starter, things are looking good for DB. With such a good receiving corp. on DB's side of the ball, I see them passing all over Campbell Co. for a solid win.

I believe Slover will surprise a lot of people this Friday. DB is obviously going to try to key on Johnson and that will open some things up. Summers really stepped up at Science Hill and I look for another big game from him. I know that DB has a high-powered offense, but our D will be up to the challenge. Look for #92 McCloud to block a punt at some point in the game. If we can keep it close til halftime, the Cougars will pull this one out. KEEP BELIEVING!

Actually the back up QB is more experenced than their starter was. So I don't see Campbell Co. losing to much in that area. Lots of things go in Campbell Co.'s favor. Being at home, Having one of the best running backs in East Tn., and they probably already have the sprinklers going wide open on the field. (I'd hate to pay their water bill this month) Loose sod and a very muddy field will be the conditions.

DB - 14

CC - 13

WaCo :lol: JaCo

Edited by WaCoJaCo

It would be easy to pick Kingsport Dobyns Bennett in a rout considering the football history of the respective schools. But there is an intangible that keeps working Campbell Co.'s way this year. Plus it will be Senior night, and barring horrible weather, the stands will be packed to see if the Cougars' special season has one more surprise left. KDB high-powered passing offense vs. the stingy Cougar defense is the major key to this game. IF the Cougars defensive front can get pressure on the KDB QB, who knows?

Too many unanswered questions at this point to really make a prediction.

How will the Cougars respond to achieving their first ever winning season & play-off berth? Are the Cougars content?

Will QB Brian Slover be able to keep the Cougar passing attack hot and at the same time maintain his high level of play in his vital role in the Cougar D?

Will the Cougars be in awe of #1 ranked KDB and think they are defeated before the ball is even kicked-off?

Will the Cougars be able to shake off the bangs & bruises from the games so far to be in a position for a possible upset? So many of the Cougars have to play ironman ball, it wears on them, but they keep responding in a way that few would think possible.

I see the Cougars bringing their "us against the world", ONE HEARTBEAT mentality to this game and being ready to compete. This team plays with such heart and intensity, that anything is possible.

Edited by VolViking