Father Ryan

Father Ryan Wrestling

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I hate to admit it, The Irish will have to be content to rebuild this year.

Baylor, McCallie and MBA all appear to be stronger on paper going into the season.

We have several young "not ready for prime time " kids who will become good wrestlers in time. WE are setting up for a good 2-3 year run at the titles after this season

• 2 weeks later...
Guest luckyleprechaun

The Irish have four strong seniors, Charlie Oddo, Whit Dunnig, Matt Morales & Tyler Mayo. With Coach Simp at the helm and a good , but small group of seniors I think we will be right in the fight. Baylor could be a problem... time will tell

[ THE BEST IRISH IN THE STATE MAYBE& THE BEST TEAM PEROID COULD BE NOTRE DAME. New 103 from Ga, 112 adamson 1st last year or Michael White former Mccallie place finisher, 119 same, 125 Spike Rawn 2time place winner, Ryan burdette very good soph, then add Sam St Charles, Daniel Rawn,Wesley Watkins, Ian Meridith, and a good Heavy from last year. Only Inexperience in the line-up could be 152-160 Patrick Flynn, a freshman who is very stout has been wrestling since 1st grade and has lost very few matches. Good Lock Irish

Edited by Raider76

[    THE BEST IRISH IN THE STATE MAYBE& THE BEST TEAM PEROID COULD BE NOTRE DAME.  Only Inexperience in the line-up could be 152-160 Patrick Flynn, a freshman who is very stout has been wrestling since 1st grade and has lost very few matches.

825413661[/snapback]

While its always difficult for a freshman in the middle to upper weights, I predict that if he stays healthy Patrick Flynn will have a very successful season for the Irish. Very athletic along with a great attitude.

[    THE BEST IRISH IN THE STATE MAYBE& THE BEST TEAM PEROID COULD BE NOTRE DAME.  New 103 from Ga, 112 adamson 1st last year or Michael White former Mccallie place finisher, 119 same, 125 Spike Rawn 2time place winner, Ryan burdette very good soph, then add Sam St Charles, Daniel Rawn,Wesley Watkins, Ian Meridith, and a good Heavy from last year. Only Inexperience in the line-up could be 152-160 Patrick Flynn, a freshman who is very stout has been wrestling since 1st grade and has lost very few matches. Good Lock Irish

825413661[/snapback]

Who is the new 103 from GA?

[    THE BEST IRISH IN THE STATE MAYBE& THE BEST TEAM PEROID COULD BE NOTRE DAME.  New 103 from Ga, 112 adamson 1st last year or Michael White former Mccallie place finisher, 119 same, 125 Spike Rawn 2time place winner, Ryan burdette very good soph, then add Sam St Charles, Daniel Rawn,Wesley Watkins, Ian Meridith, and a good Heavy from last year. Only Inexperience in the line-up could be 152-160 Patrick Flynn, a freshman who is very stout has been wrestling since 1st grade and has lost very few matches. Good Lock Irish

825413661[/snapback]

I am a little confused if the other Irish have all these horses where have they been hiding them? The only kid to make the finals last year was Adamson and he was a horse in the finals, followed by Hayduk & Meredith who took 3rd, and Watkins in 5th place. They finished 6th behind MBA, who was not strong as they normally are. So explain to me again how they are going to be the best IRISH in the state. Plus I would use spellcheck in my next article, it appears they didn't have good lock spelling correctly! God Bless my IRISH!!

Notre Dame defeated MBA's team last year at the state duals. Word is; they wrestled their JV...and they did. I'd still like to know why...not chivalrous.

irishdad: it's luck, not lock. Report to your English teacher...now!

Lee Watkins

Notre Dame Dad

e-mail: lee365@bellsouth.net

cell: 423-309-4454

P.S. Do you have pluck enough to post your e-mail address?

Edited by ijtx

I am a little confused if the other Irish have all these horses where have they been hiding them? The only kid to make the finals last year was Adamson and he was a horse in the finals, followed by Hayduk & Meredith who took 3rd, and Watkins in 5th place. They finished 6th behind MBA, who was not strong as they normally are. So explain to me again how they are going to be the best IRISH in the state. Plus I would use spellcheck in my next article, it appears they didn't have good lock spelling correctly! God Bless my IRISH!!

825415107[/snapback]

The post by Irishdad brings to mind that line from the movie Texas Chainsaw Massacre II----------"Just when you thought it was safe to go outside again, he's baaaaccckkk!" I can hear that chainsaw cranking up in the background.

Irishdad, as an insider, how about handicapping your "Purple" Irish ( those of us oldtimers who remember the late 60's-early 70's when ND and FR were swapping state titles back and forth know that ND wears "Green" making them the real Irish). Will Whitt be 119 or 125? Where will Bateman be? Are both Oddo's back and healthy? Will Mayo go 171 or 189? Who replaces Lomas, Adams, Stark, Mondelli, Hiller and Clarke? Inquiring minds want to know.

Notre Dame defeated MBA's team last year at the state duals.  Word is; they wrestled their JV...and they did.  I'd still like to know why...not chivalrous.

irishdad: it's luck, not lock.  Report to your English teacher...now!

Lee Watkins

Notre Dame Dad

e-mail: lee365@bellsouth.net

cell: 423-309-4454

825415129[/snapback]

Dear Lee,

I was quoting your article, and your spelling with the good lock. Perhaps the humor was lost in the translation. They did wrestle their JV and only Frank Simpson(Father Ryan Class 1975) knows why. I think it was to get to CBHS with a fresh varsity. Which I still do not understand. My other thought is Frank knew he could not win it all and wantted to let all his boys wrestle.

.My reference was to the State Individuals. Plus deep down I wish your team the best until they step up to my IRISH... So God Bless all the Irish