Best teams not in the state tournament

chs_soccer34

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to put GPS on the list. They lost a heartbreaker to Notre Dame in the region semifinals.

Although Columbia Academy is in the top 15 somewhere, a one goal loss to Grace does not impress those of us who follow Chattanooga soccer.

Grace is an average, at best, team in Chattanooga this year.

Grace will lose by 4-5 goals to FRA.

The problem with A/AA is that you have 4-5 elite teams and then it drops off. Look at the scores for the first round of the state tournament last year and I perdict the same will happen this year. There aren't 8 great teams in A/AA.

Saying all this, anything can happen on the field so I am not counting anyone out. Just looking at history.

Good luck to all the teams. I would love to see some upsets. (especially by Chattanooga schools)

You have to put GPS on the list.  They lost a heartbreaker to Notre Dame in the region semifinals.

Although Columbia Academy is in the top 15 somewhere, a one goal loss to Grace does not impress those of us who follow Chattanooga soccer.

Grace is an average, at best, team in Chattanooga this year. 

Grace will lose by 4-5 goals to FRA. 

The problem with A/AA is that you have 4-5 elite teams and then it drops off.  Look at the scores for the first round of the state tournament last year and I perdict the same will happen this year.  There aren't 8 great teams in A/AA. 

Saying all this, anything can happen on the field so I am not counting anyone out.  Just looking at history. 

Good luck to all the teams.  I would love to see some upsets. (especially by Chattanooga schools)

825388919[/snapback]

Guess you did not look at the the Columbia Academy schedule for the year. Not only did they beat ranked team including some of those east teams they also had extremely close games with FRA (who I believe has a state crown.) now ccs put a thumping on CA but on any given day a team could have a bad one and I believe under different circumstances CA would have held their own. If it were based on a strength of schedule (I not saying it should be) then Columbia Academy would have had the strongest.

Saying all this...CA is literally a top 3 team in A/AA

yes grace is an average team. they are not a well rounded team. they dont have both strong offense and defense.

Also CA is def. not a top three team is A/AA. There is CCS, and FRA. Then there is Anderson County and CAK. There is also DCA who was upset by CAK. Yes i think that a team can have an off game (like anderson county losing to USJ) but i dont consider CA to be even a top 5 team. They lost to freaking grace. that shows that they arent even close to being top three cause CCS beat them like 5-1 and FRA beat them like 4-0. i definately agree that a/aa is a division where it just drops off after like the top 5 teams.

anyways back to the queation....

i think that gps and dca are the two best teams that didnt make it to state. i do think that CA should have made it to state but it saved them the humiliation of losing to FRA by more than 3 goals.

i think one of the biggest upsets of the state tourney so far was prob. USJ beating anderson county.

anyways back to the queation....

i think that gps and dca are the two best teams that didnt make it to state. i do think that CA should have made it to state but it saved them the humiliation of losing to FRA by more than 3 goals.

i think one of the biggest upsets of the state tourney so far was prob. USJ beating anderson county.

825393309[/snapback]

Columbia Academy Played FRA in game one of the season. FRA won 3-1 however, one of those goals was a kick by CA. Also CA played Anderson County to a TIE 1-1 in a tournament in Smyrna and a loss 3-2 in a tournament in Oak Ridge. I didn't see these teams play many top 10 teams this season. And they beat DCA 3-2. So give them the respect they deserve. They can hang with ANY team at ANY time.