Lewis County Panthers

LCSPORTSMAN

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lewis county was a one man team for years with just a few good players around him. They will never have a great team like that again! Because they do not have anyone that can replace him. David Sharpe was the ALLMIGHTY too ya'll down there. Ya'll did not work on younger talant you have and NOW you are paying for it. LEWIS COUNTY WILL LOSE BAD IN THE FIRST ROUND BET ON IT!!!! AND THAT"S THE BOTTLINE. :blink:

You're crazy, it won't be a blow out, and LC will be pretty decent next season too.... it wasn't like everyone thinks it was, but it was a one man team to a point, there always has to be an offensive line, and not to forget the multiple 1,000 yard rushers.... how can it be like that when there was a 1000 yard rusher to go along with it EVERY year. Alex throws too many interceptions, and you'd think he'd throw smarter passes, but he doesn't, he will mature and be an average quarterback next year, but nothing compared to David Sharp. They will be 9-1, 8-2 something like that next season.

The panthers are already looking into next year , with the highest goal on their minds, 15-0. although they are not wanting to end this year on a sad note,they will play their hearts out no matter what.I promise you this THEY WILL BE BACK TO THE OLD LEWIS COUNTY NEXT YEAR. Trust me, when a team has high hopes like that , you have to wonder, will they always be falling from expectations? With lewis county it has always been state championship on their minds.Lewis county sports only 6 seniors this year, with a class of juniors and sophmores that are very talented. With new players coming back next season.I also heard they started someone new tonight, i dont remember who it was but he played a pretty good game. That should show they have depth in their team.

Say what you want about Lewis Co. being "down" or "young." They command a tremendous amount of respect here on the west side of the river year in and year out. There are hundreds of programs that would love to be 6-4 in a "down" year. Wouldn't the Lewis Co. coach be considered the dean of coaches in 5AA? Has there been anyone over there with a longer tenure at the top?

Very Good post!!! The Panther fans and players are spoiled. Not many coaches can take teams that played as bad as LC did in the mid 80's and turn the PROGRAM around the way coach Sharp and his staff have done over the past 15 years. I bet you can count on one finger how many times LC has not made the playoffs during his tenure. And to say that LC does not work it's younger kids is crazy!!!! At a 2A level see how many schools have a true freshman team like LC has every year. They usually have to play other schools JV. It is very odvious you do not keep up with LC or you would realize they work very hard to have strong teams year in and year out.