District 8AAA Columbia/Shelbyville favorites?

untame

WHat do ya'll think about the district this year? Columbia is coming off a state tournament run as well as Shelbyville! Columbia lost only 1 person from last year team and she wasn't a main player, so columbia is should have one of their stongest team in a while. and you can never count out Shelbyville with the great coaching they have! they lost 2 all-american players in fuller and newman,but im pretty sure they have someone to fill their shoes. I am going out on a limb and picking Columbia as my early favorite to take home the district crown with returners Nancy Moore(UT-Chatt signee and my MVP pick) and De Bullock playing the leadership role for the lady lions! Give me some feedback on this and some sleepers who may come out of know where and your MVP pick!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After watching Shelbyville just destroy Columbia in the district and region tournaments last year, I'm going to really say that it is a toss up. The district looks really balanced this year. The region picture looks even better!

825389007[/snapback]

Yes, Shelbyville ran through the district last year with no problem, but I think Columbia is going to hang with them this year with all the talent they have this year. Ohhhh, Shelbyville is preseason #11 in the nation!

1. Columbia: Too Athletic, added a shooter, well coached.

2. Coffee: Experience, depth?

3. Shelbyville: Tradition helps, guard play?

4. Lincoln Co.: Size, depth, can they get over the mental hurdle?

5. Franklin Co.: Two top players return, fairly young though.

6. Lawrence Co.: Too young, who will score?

7. Tullahoma: Could win a few because talent in league is down.

Although Lawrence County is a young squad this year, don't count them out of pulling some upsets in 8AAA. These girls are very talented and will find a way to score...it doesn't always have to come from one player. In my opinion, distributed scoring will win a lot of ballgames for this young team. This year will show that the future for Lawrence County Lady Cat basketball is becoming brighter and brighter.

Good luck Lady Cats!!!