Toughest Place To Play

thewaterboy

its hard to play at pickett co cause their refs are from there and rip off all the big schools that come there! their refs suuuuuuuck reallllly bad! cant believe how bad they were! they make it look so obvious who they are for too! terrrrrrible!!! :blink:  :D

825394564[/snapback]

This may be the worst comment I've ever heard. The referees do not shoot, pass, dribble, rebound, or play defense. Just because you went in there and got your tail handed to you doesn't mean it's the ref's fault. I'm tired of people that constantly get on these boards and blame the refs for their teams misfortunes. Face it, you went there and lost. Period.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

basebasketfan...that ref is who everyone calls "Moe" and he's from Jamestown and that is Fentress County where York Institute is located. He certainly wouldn't be a Pickett fan coming from Jamestown and besides, he is an excellent official, even if Pickett fans think he's hard on them. I have never seen him call a bad game or ever favored anyone. He's as good as they get.

825408125[/snapback]

I dont think it really matters if Curly is from Jamestown. Jamestown isnt that far from Pickett co. I mean you can throw a rock from one city to the next! Everyone basically knows everyone. So you cant tell me that CURLY isnt partial to the home team.!! Either you dont know anything about basketball at all or you are related to him!!!Like everybody else up there. I mean I know yall marry your cousins!

basebasketfan...that ref is who everyone calls "Moe" and he's from Jamestown and that is Fentress County where York Institute is located. He certainly wouldn't be a Pickett fan coming from Jamestown and besides, he is an excellent official, even if Pickett fans think he's hard on them. I have never seen him call a bad game or ever favored anyone. He's as good as they get.

825408125[/snapback]

well i remember... thanksgiving classic... we were up 15.. fouls were being called evenly then we got bout 20 unanswered fouls. but yea i can realllly see were he hates picket co. :blink:

Edited by basebasketfan

This may be the worst comment I've ever heard. The referees do not shoot, pass, dribble, rebound, or play defense. Just because you went in there and got your tail handed to you doesn't mean it's the ref's fault. I'm tired of people that constantly get on these boards and blame the refs for their teams misfortunes. Face it, you went there and lost. Period.

825410508[/snapback]

lol, i think that is the worst comment i have ever heard! u dont think that refs can alter the way of a game? that is ridiculous!! if that is what u think, then u need to up your prescription.... :)

lol, i think that is the worst comment i have ever heard! u dont think that refs can alter the way of a game? that is ridiculous!! if that is what u think, then u need to up your prescription.... :angry:

825411208[/snapback]

Refs can alter the way of the game...depends on how important the call is...and I've heard bad things about the refs in pickett...I've not been to a basketball game in pickett in a while so I haven't really seen anything...but i've heard somethings...

Bolivar has gotta be one of the toughest places to play. Very few losses at home and its always packed, if you aint there an hour early chances are you'll be standin up the whole game. Giles County is killer too. The student section has always got some chant goin and it trips me out how 500 people will all be singin the same thing. I know it made me mad enough to throw a few things on the court when we walked out of there 2 years ago after gettin beat on the craziest shot ive ever seen in my life. still cant figure out how the guy dribbled all the way to half court with under a second left but we got our revenge last year i guess.