Toughest Place To Play

thewaterboy

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This year I think McEwen is one of the hardest places to play. Not because of the fans, which are not very good, but because the warriors have a very talented team. McEwen has won their first home games by a combined 131 points!! They are a good team on the road but this year they have stepped up big at home. Oh yeah, and about the fan coment I made above maybe some of our Waverly neighbors need to come and show McEwen fans out it is done. I got a lotta love for the Waverly fans, they are CRAZY.

White Co. used to be the toughest in the late 90's because they were loaded and you get hosed up there if you're not wearing maroon and silver.  Campbell Brandon at Lebanon is a tough place to play when its rocking.  It's small, hot, and you can't hear yourself think when it gets loud.

825462977[/snapback]

thanks for the mention of campbell brandon at lebanon, but nowadays i dont know if its much fact. back 99-01 when we had greattalent that place was insane. the kids in school supported those teams a ton and followed them everywhere. the student section was so nuts during the opposing teams' warmups that they couldnt even make layups. we beat some very solid teams: gallatin, oakland, white county, cookeville, riverdale at home b/c of how nuts we were. i wsh the students now cared as much as we did, because campbell brandon had a good tradition going with home wins. we were experts at not just being loud but knowing the opposing players and getting into their heads and actually effecting their performance.

The Roundhouse in Englewood by far, Home of the McMinn Central Chargers. I would never wanna be the away team in that gym. The thing is, our student section is there everygame, not just big games. And they get on the players early, especially during warmups. I remember Charles Little was shooting a freethrow or getting ready to and then outta the blue someone yells "HEY CHARLES, WHERED YA GET THEM COOL SHOES?" Our Fans are CRAZY!