Greenbrier vs Marshall county

green1

tigerman,

I get the impression you are a little miffed at all the Greenbrier "talk" on here.

First, nobody around town thinks that victory is "guaranteed".  Most folks (especially our coaches and players) know if we don't play our best, we could easily lose this game.  However, we do EXPECT to win!  And, to do that, you have to play your best against other good teams in the region.  I don't think we played "our best" last week against Page and it showed.

Second, I would hope you guys are coming in here expecting to win.  If you didn't, then you would need a new coach and new attitude in Lewisburg.  Greenbrier is not "unbeatable".  But, when they play their best, they are very tough to beat!

And, if you guys were to upset us, this town will still have the same feelings and emotions about this super group of kids that play football.  It goes much deeper than W's and L's (although getting the W's are really fun!).  It is about the attitude, hard work, perseverance, and togetherness.

Good luck to both teams tomorrow night.  And, as you said, let's strap 'em on and may the best team win!

825393246[/snapback]

Man, FatCat, I wish I had said that! Right you are! thumb

Who knew you were such "a softie?" :lol:

Edited by GreenbrierCat2

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I am a little surprised there were more Marshall co people on our thread than here with so much riding on this game. What does that tell you?

I know most of the Greenbrier posters on here by name and by trading posts....so I know they would never say anything to intentionally disrespect their opponent or Put a ridiculous prediction on here. Soooooooooo.....that being said and I am not from Greenbrier......I am predicting.......based on the following

If GB plays the D like they can..... and does not give up the big play or any special teams big plays

If GB's O can mix it up..they will find the secondary has holes

If GB's O and D lines domonate like they have all year

Greenbrier 28-7.....yeah those are if's but Marshall has to have come a long way to make it close....I don't care what kind of "spin" the tigers' fans put on it

There....I said it...look for it to come true

Get better, Get better, Get Better......The coaches have stressed that so much to the Greenbrier Bobcats. The Bobcats cant stop after Page you have to keep getting better if you think we are good now it is far from it we can get so much better at a lot of things.....Cant stop there just keep getting better thats why i say the bobcats tomorrow night will get better then the next week a lot better it has grown with them you grow and grow there will not be a stoping point for a this team untill that state ring which we dont want to talk about because this week it is Marshall

I want to give a Thanks to Roger and Jacob....As a young player they have helped me out so much..These guys have gave me so much just watchin them play the game has been a treat for me.....And all the other Seniors..Thanks for so much..

GO CATS

I love this year's seniors more than anyone. Joey, Jacob, Cole, Pryne, Lil Russell, Adcock, Roger, Tucker, Warrick, Perry... and the rest of em, but sayin they were the main reason that this program has excelled over the past couple of years is a little hasty. That takes away from great players that were there bustin their butt with these guys before they were seniors. Im not namin anyone specific, but most people who keep track of Greenbrier football can tell you the year that this program started taking leaps in the direction its heading now. Once again, Im not taking anything away from these seniors, I think they are a GREAT class that works hard and are an excellent example for all classes to come. Good luck Friday night guys, this game is for you, show em what Greenbrier Football is all about. thumb

Those who have been around Greenbrier longer than I have, please correct me if I am wrong.  I will say that this current group of seniors that everyone speaks so highly of has made a HUGE difference in this whole program.  Their hard working, never say die attitude has worn off on classes ahead of and behind them. 

Playing the tough schedules has helped to bring out the best in these guys and they have NEVER gone into a game thinking they couldn't win.  They have looked at them as a challenge that they were determined to meet.  From what I have "heard", Greenbrier hasn't had that mentality in many, many years. 

Regardless, this special group of kids could have an impact on this high school program long beyond their playing years.  They have set their sights on SUCCESS and not on mediocrity!  They brought that attitude in when they were Freshmen and it has rubbed off. 

Of course, having a great coaching staff at the same time these guys came "through the ranks" sure didn't hurt any!  :blink:

825391228[/snapback]

Dear FatCat, That is a slap in the face to every player to graduate from Greenbrier since 2003. Ask any Senior from the graduating class of 03 and 04 if they ever believed we could not win. The never say die attitude started because of coaches that made us the best conditioned team on the field, thanks for the gassers Coach Ziegler, and the spirit of the locker room. Take nothing from this great group of seniors, they are great and hardworking, but look what has happened here the past 2 years: 02 season 8-4 record, unbeaten at home, first team to host a playoff game and first team to win a playoff game. 03 season 10-4, region champions, Semi-finalist in the playoffs.

These Seniors are just keeping the winning tradition alive. Give credit where credit is due and don't forget where the winning started. I hope these guys win state and I can guarantee I'll be there pulling for them all the way. No hard feelings FatCat but don't put your foot in your mouth. Ask any of this year's seniors the difference in the mood of the locker room between their freshman and sophormore years, then talk. Bottom line, the coaches started it, they made us believe we could anything if we were a team. We just ran with it and it is still going thanks to the seniors

Edited by justin groves 03

GBT57 and justin groves 03, right now could possibly be the worst time for people to take things away from anyone else in the Greenbrier football program. I know you said you weren't taking anyway from them but no matter what you meant, it sounds like you are trying to take the credit for this years teams winning ways. When you were seniors you did what needed to be done to win, last years team did what needed to be done to win, and the same goes for this years team. People worrying about who gets the credit for winning right now in this crucial time is not good for the team, the coaches, or the fans. The only thing that needs to be done right now is to congratulate this years seniors, juniors, sophomores, and freshmen for their hardwork this year that got them where they are now. And to wish them the best of luck come tomorrow night and the playoffs. Until then lets try to leave who did what for the football program out of this.

tigerman,

I get the impression you are a little miffed at all the Greenbrier "talk" on here.

First, nobody around town thinks that victory is "guaranteed".  Most folks (especially our coaches and players) know if we don't play our best, we could easily lose this game.  However, we do EXPECT to win!  And, to do that, you have to play your best against other good teams in the region.  I don't think we played "our best" last week against Page and it showed.

Second, I would hope you guys are coming in here expecting to win.  If you didn't, then you would need a new coach and new attitude in Lewisburg.  Greenbrier is not "unbeatable".  But, when they play their best, they are very tough to beat!

And, if you guys were to upset us, this town will still have the same feelings and emotions about this super group of kids that play football.  It goes much deeper than W's and L's (although getting the W's are really fun!).  It is about the attitude, hard work, perseverance, and togetherness.

Good luck to both teams tomorrow night.  And, as you said, let's strap 'em on and may the best team win!

825393246[/snapback]

No,no,no...I'm not miffed in the least. I think you misread me on this.

I think all of us in Lewisburg recognize Greenbrier as the favorite. And they

do have the upper hand in all the categories I mentioned.

And then when you start reading about how special this senior class is for you all

& add in all the emotion that will surround this, then I do think a tough job got

a whole lot tougher for the Tigers.

I've been around the emotion and bonds that special classes generate.

That is an intangible that often times will help lead to victory. And it is

apparent that is how a lot of folks in Greenbrier feel about your seniors.Makes winning even better, but losses are like sucker punches to the gut.

All that being said, Marshall County is still going to show up & play.

And yes, we're coming to win despite the odds being against us.

We're going to find out a whole lot about these two teams & what might

lie ahead in the playoffs tonight.

I just hope it's as good a game as last year was, only with a different result.

OK... deep breath... calm down. We're here to support a town and a program.... not any specific class. I'm sure FatCat is not trying to take anything away from any of the previous classes. If you read his post again, he never takes anything away from the other classes. Saying that a class has a winning attitude or works hard is not saying that the classes before them didn't have the same. Having a large class come in as freshmen that have only ever lost 3 games for as long as they've been playing is a benefit to the program. But saying this isn't taking anything away from the others. Each of the other classes since 2001 has had it's own group of leaders that have guided the team. There have also been underclassmen in each class that contribute to this. The Adams brothers when they played. Stetson, Trevor, Jake, Josh, Curt.... I could go on and on listing groups of players that helped make both the ones ahead, and behind them better. Saying this is not taking away from their team mates or the program.

I agree with catsbball1. This is not the type posts that most of the GB folks put up and definitely not a subject that we need going on now. We need to keep doing what we've been doing..... pull together, support our team to no end, and keep the Bobcat tradition going.

stop the mush....stop the back patting...you have a job to do and you have to focus on your goals...not this junk

most of those seniors now and before would prolly say shut up this stupidness and support your team.

825394044[/snapback]

I beg to differ. Yes, there is a task laid out before the Bobcats tonight. Marshall County is not going to be a pushover. Both teams will know that they've played ball by the time they are done, but there is nothing wrong with a "pat on the back" for the team on Senior Recognition night. Every class for as long as I can remember had had this special acknowledgement, and this class deserves applaud well deserved for what they've contributed. What would life be without some appreciation?

Now----hey Bobcats, let's go tear into the Tigers! Make it a "greaaaat" :P night!