Greenbrier vs Marshall county

green1

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a way to close out senior night! Congrats to all. Marshall's team totally caught me off-guard. This is a good football team. They remind me a lot of Fort Campbell. I can't believe they've lost three games. I can honeslty say that they were as big, strong, athletic, and physical as any team that we've played. I think we scored a little too early and a little to easily to start the game and then became a little complacent. The Cats had to reach down and find a little extra to hold on for the "W". Again, a big play hurt us but we had some big ones of our own. Great game Cameron. Nice kick Tucker.

We just left the hospital and Jacob was taking a good nap and will be coming home shortly. Dislocated, put back in, probable cast for a week or so but likely to be ready by the first play-off game. Non-throwing arm so he'll be fine. It was also impressive to see the 40 to 50 people that showed up to support Jacob and his family at the hospital. This is another reason that this is a special group.

Great to hear the relatively good news on Jacob. The number of injuries to seniors this year has been unbelievable. Here's to hoping he can get back on the field and finish what he started!

Clint looked like he is coming back strong from his knee injury. Looked very good running the ball. Hopefully it will all come back together by playoff time.

I will echo NoDoubt's comments about Marshall. They played a VERY physical game last night. That's the most physical I've seen them the 4 years I've been here. They reminded me of Page with more speed players. We may see them again in the 2d round of the playoffs.

i would like say great game to the bobcats on the win, congrats on clinching the region for the second year, but the reason im posting is to say how cool it was to see the respect shown after the game between both teams. while greenbrier was in the locker room i was standing outside waiting on them to come back out and i seen #22 from marshall county approach the fieldhouse door. while they welcomed him i dont know what was said inside the room but it had to be something good and when he was leaving coach sorrells was shaking his hand and talking to him.

marshall county you guys played a very physical game and really turned it up in the 2nd half. keep it up and you will surprise some team in the playoffs.

good luck bobcats next week on the road with giles and lets hope #10 is alright and gets well soon

btw marshall who have you lost to this season cuz you looked like too good of a team to have the 5-3 record?

Great job, Cats. You did it again! Another cliffhanger, which is always better than a boring game!

Great game to the entire team on both sides. Lots of sportmanship, helping each other up, etc. and didn't see much smack. I, too, am surprised they haven't won more games. Have a different look of turning their backs on a kickoff, and assume some of their kicks and their short snap were the "trick" plays we heard about.

Hated to see Jacob get hurt so close to the end of the season, but can only think better this week than next. Ty Lynch starting against Giles should be a good beginning if he is in training for QB next year after Jacob graduates. BUT until then, we wish Jacob a speedy recovery and look forward to seeing #10 on the field.

Again, Congrats to both teams! Way to go, Green!

was standing outside waiting on them to come back out and i seen #22 from marshall county approach the fieldhouse door.  while they welcomed him i dont know what was said inside the room but it had to be something good and when he was leaving coach sorrells was shaking his hand and talking to him. 

I was told by a mother of a Greenbrier playmaker that he had come over and apologized for Jacob being hurt. That's what I call CLASS.

Cat Fan i dont know who your are or who you think you are but if i were you i wouldnt run my mouth cause you dont know what you are talkin bout, and contrary to disbelief some parents dont all kiss the coaches but so there kid can get playin time!

825396303[/snapback]

dude.... I'm agrreing with you! Didnt you say the same thing in your post. Like i said, i agree. I see it going on to.