Greenbrier vs Marshall county

green1

This Oleguy is proud of the Bobcats, ya'll are getting the job done, a few shaky spots, but that was probably because of some good playing by MC.

I'm hoping the Bobcats will stay focused, because now is the time for you to be ready to PLAY.

Good luck the rest of the way, and a speedy recovery to all that are recovering from injuries.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I KNOW it is obvious by my screen name who I am BUT I want to say I am the VERY PROUD mother of #4 Tyler Lynch! Why am I so proud? Because after the game within seconds of kissing me this question followed: "Can I go to the hospital and check on Jacob?" followed with "I promise I will try my best to be home by curfew!"

He was very polite to the people that were telling him good game, way to keep it going BUT his concern was his team mate!

Those of you who do not "really" know this guy are missing out on so much...Yeah I am probably a little bias but he is one good guy...

YES this post is mainly for him but I wanted him to have something a little special!

As for him going out and taking Jacob's place. He was fine, I thought I was going to vomit, LOL...I have faith in him and his game BUT this was an important game and MY GOODNESS Marshall showed up and played good ball, so I was a little concered with Tyler's nerves but like Brad Martin told me after the game "Ty was fine, he wasn't nervous." And then Tyler told me the same after he came home. He said "Mama, Coach had me prepared, I am always ready, why do you think I practice?" So there you go, that was it in a nutshell, he was fine and like I said I wanted to vomit the first 2 snaps!

I do also want to thank the guys for keeping Tyler pumped up in the huddle. I know it was hard to have him take over but once again "THIS TEAM" knew what was needed for the WIN and for Tyler to feel comfortable.

Hurry and get better Jacob! thumb

GO BOBCATS!!!

We had many mental mistakes throughout the game and it came down to something that it shouldn't have so I think that this week will be a good week for us and I also think that Jacob (#10) will be fine but you can never tell. Our team had to make a special effort at the end of the game to hold on to the "W" and kick a field goal to seal it off. Maybe this week we can do better than we have.

thats why i said some people.

Im not saying that people from greenbrier are bad people or anything like that cause im from GB and i love this town to death, but just like every other town it has its down falls too. I just dont agree with some things that go on with alot of our sporting events. But many people are going to say that its not about the last name or money or stuff like that and thats their opinion everyone has there right for one and thats mine

Congarts Greenbrier on a very good game. Also to Marshall for such a great effort. You guys up in Greenbrier are truly amazing. The way the town gets behind the bobcats is what football is all about. Congrats on the region championship.

By the way Fatcat thanks for the kind words on the other thread about our victory. I would like to correct you on one thing though. This is way down the road. you were happy that we one becuase that means if Page and Greenbrier get to 3rd round then it would be at Greenbrier instead of out West. Well it would actually be at Page. The 3rd round of the playoffs is always predetermined. Like last year Greenbrier was at home for the entire playoffs this year it goes to the 1 seed in region 6 the lower bracket in other words. So whoever comes out of the lower bracket host the third round. If Marshall being the 3 seed beats region 6 2nd and then wins 2nd round game versus winner of Page and region 6 3rd seed then Marshall would host playoffs in 3rd round against you all. Confusing I know but just how it works.

Hope the QB gets well soon. May the Lords grace be with him!

you were happy that we one becuase that means if Page and Greenbrier get to 3rd round then it would be at Greenbrier instead of out West.  Well it would actually be at Page.  The 3rd round of the playoffs is always predetermined.  Like last year Greenbrier was at home for the entire playoffs this year it goes to the 1 seed in region 6 the lower bracket in other words.  So whoever comes out of the lower bracket host the third round.  If Marshall being the 3 seed beats region 6 2nd and then wins 2nd round game versus winner of Page and region 6 3rd seed then Marshall would host playoffs in 3rd round against you all.  Confusing I know but just how it works. 

825397099[/snapback]

cowboys,

FYI, The predetermined home field is ONLY if you have two teams not from the same region playing each other. A lower seed from the same region will never get home field over a higher seed from the same region.

BTW, I am quoting the TSSAA website Football Regulations, Para III.C. Look forward to seeing you guys again in the 3d round! :blink:

2004-05 TSSAA Handbook

Page 1 June 28, 2004

FOOTBALL REGULATIONS

I. CLASSIFICATION PLAN

II. GENERAL REGULATIONS (Division I: Class 1A, 2A, 3A, 4A, 5A)

III. THE PLAY-OFF GAMES (Division I: Class 1A, 2A, 3A, 4A, 5A)

A. The first-round games in all classifications shall be played on the 11th Friday of the football season. The

second round shall be played on the 12th Friday, the quarterfinals on the 13th Friday, the semifinals on the

14th Friday, and the championship games shall be played on either the following 15th Friday or Saturday.

B. In all play-off games, in the first and second rounds the higher seeded team shall be the host school. In the

third round and semifinals in odd-numbered years the top team in each bracket shall be the host team. In

even-numbered years the procedure shall be rotated in the third round and semifinals.

C. In the third round and semifinals, if two teams from the same region play each other, the higher seeded team shall be the host.

but when you dont always get what you want its a little different!

825396787[/snapback]

i think that says it. when you don't get what YOU want. its amazing that the ones that do all the cryin about family names and stuff are the ones that can't bust a grape but they thank there so good that they should play. then they can't cut it and quit and its somebodys elses fault.

That FatCat sure knows the details.....now tell us about the final playoff scenario between the regions

825397273[/snapback]

Yes, I'm a GEEK! I'll be the first to admit that. It's my nature to be "Mr. Technical". My wife keeps saying they need to make an SNL character after me named "Mr. Technical". :P

Well, as far as the playoffs go, I believe our region order is set.

1 - GB

2 - Page

3 - MC

4 - Mont. Central

But, Region 6 is still up in the air. Jackson SS and Lexington are guaranteed the #1 and #2 seeds from their region, but they play this Friday. Winner will be #1, loser #2. Crockett Co. is locked in as the #3 seed and will travel to Page for Rd 1. McNairy Central will be #4 seed if they beat Bolivar Central (they should) and would come to Greenbrier for the 1st round again. If they lose, Liberty Tech Magnet will be the #4 seed.

way down the road to even think such a thing, but if Greenbrier &

Marshall County were to win their first round playoff games, they would

play each other again in the SECOND round, not third as I have heard some

say.

First & third from the same region always pair up in the same bracket with

the thinking be, if all went to form, number one from region 5 would play

the runner-up from region 6 in the second round, & then the two number

ones playing in the third round.

I don't think the playoffs will go the norm this year though. Both regions are

very competitive & very balanced. With that being the case, anything can

happen in round one.

I won't be the least bit suprised if MC & Greenbrier is a round two matchup.

Edited by tigerman