BEST RETURNING WRESTLERS

TS4500

Travis Creaghan is good and young, but not the best, yet.

This may be off topic a little bit, but if I had to start a team from scratch, I would start with Corey Manson. He is exactly what you need. He may not be the best wrestler in the state but he is very well rounded. I think he would be a great team captain and leader. That is why he gets my vote.

Plus, I saw him lateral a kid at KCHS and it looked like he dropped the kid from the ceiling. Every head in the gym turned at the sound of it.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These two have a possibility of seeing eachother at the Ryan Tournament.  They wrestled folkstyle at one point over the summer.  Dunning won a 10-3 victory.

825391489[/snapback]

The match was 10-6 (I think) in the end, and I attended the Maryville wrestling camp where I saw them wrestle each other again, where Whitt won by 1 so I'm expecting a big maatch out of them.

Hey Boondock Saint,

I was wondering if we know each other. You seem to post like someone I knew on an old name and the fact that your name implies a country boy who works with Saints (Briarcrest) makes me think that we have had several conversations together. Then again you might just sound like the guy I know if you work out with his big tail at Briarcrest... let me know if my suspicions are right.

I wouldn't go so far as saying Gessler is overrated. He may not be up to the level of the wrestlers mentioned with him, but he is still a 3x State Medalist. Yes Borneman beat Max both times they met last year by pin. Max was ahead in both matches when making a mistake and getting put to his back. No credit taken from Borneman he is a good wrestler no doubt, but I wouldn't run down Gessler just let. What weight is Borneman going this year? I have heard that Max will 160. OH and rigger I know Turner placed 2nd and had a great state tournament, but check out his losses and see if one was to Gessler @ Father Ryan by pin in the 1st period?

825392373[/snapback]

Yes, and Turner Beat BorneMan and then Borneman Pinned Gessler at State. Turner did not lose another match(Except the Final) after he lost to Gessler at Father Ryan. He had only been out for the team for 2 weeks and had not wrestled in over 2 years and his shoulder had a seperation. As you said in your post about Gessler, Turner made the same kind of mistake and got put on his back.

All the matches he lost was in his first 2 weeks back in the sport from a back disease the year before.

He wanted Gessler in the finals because Ty is a friend of his. Gessler caught Turner at the right time. Turner learned from his mistakes and never was pinned again.

Looks like Gessler can't say the same. He lost to Borneman at the begining and the end of the season by Pinns. Gessler has been around the sport for a long time and I know he is good. Just wanted to reply for the crap from the Gessler camp last year at State. Good luck to Gessler.

Edited by rigger101

I have to agree with the general consensus of Marable, Bundy and Dunning. Bundy has been wrestling Dunning a lot over the summer (so I've heard), so he should be getting used to his style. I think it'll be a great showdown at the Ryan tournament no matter who wins. Not much needs to be said about Dunning or Marable, their records speak for themselves. I do think that Borneman is going to be a beast this year as well as Kenny Meredith.

Yes, and Turner Beat BorneMan and then Borneman Pinned Gessler at State. Turner did not lose another match(Except the Final) after he lost to Gessler at Father Ryan.  He had only been out for the team for 2 weeks and had not wrestled in over 2 years and his shoulder had a seperation.  As you said in your post about Gessler, Turner made the same kind of mistake and got put on his back.

All the matches he lost was in his first 2 weeks back in the sport from a back disease the year before. 

He wanted Gessler in the finals because Ty is a friend of his.    Gessler caught Turner at the right time.  Turner learned from his mistakes and never was pinned again. 

Looks like Gessler can't say the same.  He lost to Borneman at the begining and the end of the season by Pinns.  Gessler has been around the sport for a long time and I know he is good.  Just wanted to reply for the crap from the Gessler camp last year at State.  Good luck to Gessler.

825393926[/snapback]

It just goes to show that anyone can be beat at anytime, regardless of ability.

Why doesn't anyone have Dix from Farragut on this Board?

825394489[/snapback]

I think I've seen his name twice here now. One may deserve recognition, but does not always get it.

Jerry Maguire said: "Did you know that the career record for hits is 4,256 by Pete Rose who is NOT in the Hall of Fame?"