MBA vs. Riverdale

stephenzca

Guest Oakland
Fine, riverdale isn'r scared of MBA, they just wont play a game against them. MBA would have won the majority. RHS claims those 2 out of 7 scrimmages that the third team keeps them  close. It's obvious Rankin can't hang with D-II and he can't get a job because he won't put himself on the line against someone who might beat him. It was not MBA who started the splir. Why did Gary Rankin want the MBA job so bad if it wan't so competitive? Silver Balls is my only guess.

825394078[/snapback]

whos to say that rankin likes his non region schedule as is? maybe he wants to play who he does in non region play. the notion that rankin is scared of playing anybody is laughable

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why the game is not played. I have speculated before that the teams benefit more from the early August scrimmage than they would from a game sometime in September. I firmly believe that the thumping Riverdale took in last year's scrimmage set them on the road to their highly unlikely trip to the BC Bowl last year. You can fix a lot of things when you find out about them in early August.

From what I can tell, the relationship between the schools and coaches is very good. The scrimmages are definitely highly spirited. The players seem to get along well after the scrimmages. This is a new contract year so maybe we get a game.

MBA and Riverdale were scheduled for freshmen and JV games this last Monday. Did those occur? What was the outcome?

Guest region4fan

All I know is that Rankin actually applied for the head coach position at MBA a couple of years ago when it opened up. So how can anyone argue that he is anything but respectful of the program there?? :D

All I know is that Rankin actually applied for the head coach position at MBA a couple of years ago when it opened up. So how can anyone  argue that he is anything but respectful of the program there?? :D

825394124[/snapback]

Some people just have to live in the past. Maybe MBA would have won most of the games - it still would not have changed what happened in the games that count the most - the playoffs.

But okay redtwin, have it your way - privates are superior in every way, and Riverdale is terrified of you. Feel better now?

Fine, riverdale isn'r scared of MBA, they just wont play a game against them. MBA would have won the majority. RHS claims those 2 out of 7 scrimmages that the third team keeps them  close. It's obvious Rankin can't hang with D-II and he can't get a job because he won't put himself on the line against someone who might beat him. It was not MBA who started the splir. Why did Gary Rankin want the MBA job so bad if it wan't so competitive? Silver Balls is my only guess.

825394078[/snapback]

What difference would it make if Riverdale did lose to MBA in the regular season? Riverdale has won 83 or so region games in a row. It's not like it would have any bearing on the playoffs. I really think the reason is that they enjoy their yearly preseason scrimmage. Maybe Riverdale sees more benefit from that than to play an early season game.

Sure...Rankin did apply for the job at MBA. Maybe the close to $100,000 a year had something to do with that.

I firmly believe that the thumping Riverdale took in last year's scrimmage set them on the road to their highly unlikely trip to the BC Bowl last year.  You can fix a lot of things when you find out about them in early August.

MBA and Riverdale were scheduled for freshmen and JV games this last Monday.  Did those occur?  What was the outcome?

825394120[/snapback]

I hope MBA's thumping it took in August from Riverdale is doing the same for a potential title run this year.

I haven't seen any frosh or JV scores for MBA-RHS. Maybe Monday's weather got in the way.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. We all know the 35-7 scored is not exactly correct unless Coaches Rutledge and Rankin would be subbing in the 2nd and 3rd for the second half. I think if MBA could keep it close and stay in the game they would outwork Riverdale in the 4th quarter and possibly win it. It just makes my blood boil this game isn't played every year. It would get more fans than most Clinic and Blue Cross Bowls.

Don't even try to pretend MBA has never had or doesn't have athletes on financial aid becasue you know it is not true and I know it is not true. I could name 3 right now but I won't.

If you want to go by that logic, I was a scholarship athlete at MBA. The fact of the matter is that I only played one year of basketball, and at that, I rode the bench the entire year. All students are given the opportunity for financial aid at MBA if they meet the requirements of an independent agency that determines each student's eligibility. Just because I got some alumni money and happened to participate in competitive athletics for a year doesn't mean I was recruited. I think I could count on one hand the number of kids at MBA right now who have any chance of being potential recruits...

Is this scrimmage played as a game (with officials, down & distance markers, the clock is operated like a game situation) or is it you run 10 plays and the other team runs 10 plays. I for one think that the 10 play deal is no more than a practice with another team. It give the teams an opportunity to hit someone other than their team.

How many teams play real preseason games where the coaches are in the box, stay off the field, run the clock properly, etc...? IMO that is the only way for the team to get ready for live game situations.

Edited by cbg