TEAM ( sweetwater )

sweetH2Oguy

As an OLD coach myself I have to post this & see what kind of responce there is.

Some Sweetwater players got into a little trouble because ( a few ) players

thought it'd be fun to play around with the FRESHMAN. I don't mean HAZZING by

no means BUT !!! when the head coach stepped in & punnished the {HOLE} team

BY running,workout, ext. A few of the players BELIVING since they didn't do the

deed to these Freshman they shouldn't be punished, They didn't do the punishment that was ( DELT ) out to the [WHOLE] TEAM !!! So they got a game off.

NOW, here is the question... SInce FOOTBALL is a TEAM game & since the [WHOLE team was punished.] Should thease players be overlooked, ??? EVEN though the rest of the team took the punishment & these FEW decided [sINCE they didn't do anything wrong they weren't going to be punished] or Is the coach RIGHT by sending the message IT IS A T E A M Game & everyone on the team

is involved ??????

Just so EVERYONE knows I agree with the COACH... It's a team game.

Ask yourself this. Insteed of standing by , laughing or watching could you have tried to STOP what was being done that shouldn't have been done, & before you answer { REMEMBER } It is a TEAM SPORT

As an OLD coach myself I have to post this & see what kind of responce there  is.

Some Sweetwater players got into a little trouble because ( a few ) players

thought it'd be fun to play around with the FRESHMAN. I don't mean HAZZING by

no means BUT !!!  when the head coach stepped in & punnished the {HOLE} team

BY running,workout, ext. A few of the players BELIVING since they didn't do the

deed to these Freshman they shouldn't be punished, They didn't  do the punishment that was ( DELT ) out to the [WHOLE]  TEAM !!! So they got a game off.

NOW, here is the question... SInce FOOTBALL is a TEAM game & since the [WHOLE team was punished.] Should thease players be overlooked, ??? EVEN though the rest of the team took the punishment & these FEW decided [sINCE they didn't do anything wrong they weren't going to be punished] or Is the coach RIGHT by sending the message IT IS A  T E A M Game  & everyone on the team

is involved ??????

Just so EVERYONE knows I agree with the COACH... It's a team game.

Ask yourself this. Insteed of standing by , laughing or watching could you have tried to STOP what was being done that shouldn't have been done, & before you answer { REMEMBER } It is a TEAM SPORT

825392289[/snapback]

...I won't attempt to address what did or didn't happen, however, it sounds to me like their are other "issues" going on with this team besides the one that you mentioned ...hopefully the team will correct them prior to going into the playoffs but this is the wrong time of year to have "team unity" being an issue!!!

Personally,I think it is an internal matter and shouldn't be brought to statewide attention.....The coach did what he thought was right and he did it...Mattered solved Case closed......Being a head coach doesn't mean you run a democracy..You either do what he says or go play golf or tennis or something.(No disrespect meant to those sports)....

Personally,I think it is an internal matter and shouldn't be brought to statewide attention.....The coach did what he thought was right and he did it...Mattered solved Case closed......Being a head coach doesn't mean you run a democracy..You either do what he says or go play golf or tennis or something.(No disrespect meant to those sports)....

825392330[/snapback]

Amen!!!!!!!! Every team has a problem from time to time and it is the head coaches decision on what to do. That is the reason he makes more $$$$ than the assistants. He made his decision, do it or leave. If you don't want to do the punishment find out who did the deed and let the coach discipline them. Just my opinion. You know what they say about opinions? :D

first of all sweeth2oguy u prolly dont even know the whole story... one guy got punished for running from the people that were throwin the freshman in and he was a freshman.. two others didnt have an excuse for stopping and I took the punishment but as all the coaches know i have a pulled hamstring and it kinda hurt so i figured id stop and walk... is being injured not a good enough excuse for stopping.... and oh yea there were a lot of other people walking too... one that comes to my mind starts and he walked more than the other four.. we even stopped to ask him to walk with us and he said we were walking to fast.. but for some reason he got out of it and has NO PUNISHMENT!!!...iz that right...dont think so yet the coach says he aint got nuttin to do wit it..

first of all sweeth2oguy u prolly dont even know the whole story...  one guy got punished for running from the people that were throwin the freshman in and he was a freshman.. two others didnt have an excuse for stopping and I took the punishment but as all the coaches know i have a pulled hamstring  and it kinda hurt  so i figured id stop and walk... is being injured not a good enough excuse for stopping.... and oh yea  there were a lot of other people walking  too... one that comes to my mind starts and he walked more than the other four.. we even stopped to ask him to walk with us and he said we were walking to fast.. but for some reason he got out of it and has NO PUNISHMENT!!!...iz that right...dont think so  yet the coach says he aint got nuttin to do wit it..

825392705[/snapback]

Dear (21DLatham) I don't belive you understand what I had ask. Before I go on though I must tell you that I do know { the whole story} I'm closer to you then you relize. I carried you around at Sweetwater High School football games when you were a baby. I TOTALLY understand that your hurt & I wasn't implying that.

What my question was & the reason I said I agree with the coach. Wasn't there

any upper classman WHO could have stepped up & said [ STOP ] & This is what I meant by the team concept. You are one of the toughest players I've ever seen play & talented I might add & I know for a fact If you lead they will follow.

Good luck with the upcomming games You'll be AWSOME !! hurt or not.

From what I know about what happened I think that their were some players that did wrong. Also someone shouldve stoped it from happening. The coach or coaches didn't exactly handle the situation right either. The players shouldve ran like the rest of the team, with Latham being the exeption if it was bothering his injury. They were wrong for that, and should be punished in some way! From what I understand everyone on the team didn't wittness the event . Some coach or coaches also didn't help things by letting one player not be punished for not running while four others were?

This is such a bad time for something so minor to make such a big stink. This hurts everyone, not to mention the embarassment. Now the important thing is what are the players and the coaches gonna do to make sure this doesn't hang around and hurt the team in a couple of weeks! Things were going so good for Sweetwater lately, lets hope everything is settled quickly and the players come together and keep rolling toward the play-offs. I believe Sweetwater can beat Alcoa and make a run in the play-offs if they work together in the playoffs as a TEAM! Lets move on!

the thing is... we "the seniors at sweetwater" do the same thing everytime it rains all 4 years i have been here... and we just now get in trouble for it...that is why nobody stepped in and stopped it...nobody thought we would get in trouble for something we do everytime it rains... every year... owell im not gonna let it bother me anymore and i hope the other 3 dont either and who are you if u held me when i was little or whatever u said... :blink:

Just to start out. I know NOTHING about the incident that happened. But this is a free country, and this is this an open forum. If this is something that has gone on before, and it did not hurt anybody, then why did the punishment occur now. Well, who knows? The fact is that it was delt out, and Sweetwater needs to learn the concept of team. The classroom analogy was probably the worst one that I have ever read. Look a classroom is by no means a team. Regardless of right or wrong the coach says jump, you jump. If the other players did it, then why fuss about it? Buck up and do it. It is the SENIORS job to control what happens within the team. Regardless of who was there and who was not, there was an upper classman there somewhere, if not a Senior, then a Junior, if not a Junior then it was a sophmore. The point is that you are a family, Seniors, you are the big brothers, do you job and lead by example. I say quit whining, do your punishment, and stop trying to push it off as "ohh I wasn't there. It's not my problem." This is your team, if you have a problem with the punishment you take it up with the coach or the player who were involved. If you still have a problem, QUIT! I applaud the Coach at Sweetwater for making the players miss a game because they refused to do the punishment, you guys are just lucky you are still on the team. And I wouldn't blame any players who did do the punishment, if they shunned those who did not. As for injuries, if you can' tdo it then take it up with the trainer, if the coaches and trainers feel you can then quit nursing it and do it. They wouldn't jeopordize their "STAR" player would they? :( Anyhow quit cryin, be athletes, and most of all, be a team.

P.S. I would love to know what actually happened. If it wasn't that severe then post it. No pun intended.