Tennessee High state champions

wrestlingcoach

You say Tennessee High has NEVER gotten it done? yeah actually they have. They have been state champions and National champions in the past, just not recently. But this year looks good for the Vikings.

Maryville found out in 1997 what a real team looks like when they got smashed in the clinic bowl. They realized they had to take it to the next level. Next year they won. I don't know that TN high is on that second level that it takes to beat maryville. The other thing is that this team really hasn't done that much better than years past. You all have always had good records with high-scoring games. It seems that you might have moved up "a level" in your region but do you think that your region really prepares you for teams that go to state year in and year out?

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For what it's worth, which I don' know much about Maryville's region and its teams, but the overall record of the opponents faced is in favor of THS.  Maryville's opponents combined record was 48-52 and THS was 53-46 with Va. High playing only 9 games.  Feel free to comment.

825415595[/snapback]

Fellers I did a little resurch and have cum up with tha fallowin'. If, and a big if, Tenn. Hi and Mairvul play I thank by fer Mairvul has played a ruffer scedjewel. Lookin' at Sonny Moore's cumpooter pair rankins,' hear's what I fount out. This is all Sonny's rankins.

Cherokee is the tuffest teem the Vikins has plaid accodin' to Sonny with a pair rankin' of ---113.17.

Mairvul on the other hand has plaid too teems with reel hi pair rankins. Alcoa has a rankin' of ---130.48. Central has a rankin' of ---129.87.

Mairvul has plaid fore more teems with highur pair rankins than Cherokee. Halls at ---115.00. William Blount with a rankin' of ---117.20. Powell with a rankin' of --- 117.73. and West with a rankin' of ---115.05.

Aftur takin' Sonny's pair rankins and doin a little ciferin,' Tenn. Hi' s compeetishun has a pair rankin' avridge of ---99.72.

Mairvul, accordin' to Sonny has plaid teems with a avridge pair rankin' of ---113.49.

Go Rebs.

Edited by STARSNBARS

Fellers I did a little resurch and have cum up with tha fallowin'. If, and a big if, Tenn. Hi and Mairvul play I thank by fer Mairvul has played a ruffer scedjewel. Lookin' at Sonny Moore's cumpooter pair rankins,' hear's what I fount out. This is all Sonny's rankins.

Cherokee is the tuffest teem the Vikins has plaid accodin' to Sonny with a pair rankin' of ---113.17.

Mairvul on the other hand has plaid too teems with reel hi pair rankins. Alcoa has a rankin' of ---130.48. Central has a rankin' of ---129.87.

Mairvul has plaid fore more teems with highur pair rankins than Cherokee. Halls at ---115.00. William Blount with a rankin' of ---117.20. Powell with a rankin' of 117.73. and West with a rankin' of ---115.05.

Aftur takin' Sonny's pair rankins and doin a little ciferin,' Tenn. Hi' s compeetishun has a pair rankin' avridge of ---99.72.

Mairvul, accordin' to Sonny has plaid teems with a avridge pair rankin' of ---113.49.

Go Rebs.

825416113[/snapback]

Hits an onner seein' that kwolity Mairvul edukashun shynin threw thair STARS. I jest wished u wood qwit showin off'n all yer ciferin an gozintas skills. Hit's kinda imbarrisen an all.

Rebelsman

Hits an onner seein' that kwolity Mairvul edukashun shynin threw thair STARS. I jest wished u wood qwit showin off'n all yer ciferin an gozintas skills. Hit's kinda imbarrisen an all.

Rebelsman

825416180[/snapback]

Thankee Rebelsman. Ye aint gonna git a kwolitee educashun like mine in Mairvul. I am a 24 yeer praduct of Knotsvul skools vacashunull and tecneekull. I flunked out of Mairvul and Blount countee bondo teck skool. They want even let me on campuss at the old Evurt Hi skool to this day.

Go Rebs.

Edited by STARSNBARS

Thankee Rebelsman. Ye aint gonna git a kwolitee educashun like mine in Mairvul.  I am a 24 yeer praduct of Knotsvul skools vacashunull and tecneekull. I flunked out of Mairvul and Blount countee bondo teck skool. They want even let me on campuss at the old Evurt Hi skool to this day.

Go Rebs.

825416205[/snapback]

darn that guys funny :rolleyes:

Mairvul has plaid fore more teems with highur pair rankins than Cherokee. Halls at ---115.00. William Blount with a rankin' of ---117.20. Powell with a rankin' of --- 117.73. and West with a rankin' of ---115.05.

Go Rebs.

825416113[/snapback]

It's obvious to everyone that the Maryville fans are panicking and trying to find any ranking that would help their argument. The FACT that Tennessee High has scored more points, and allowed less points is killing them, and the strength of schedule ranking here on CoachT is driving them crazy. How can anyone be better than their Rebels, or anyone play a tougher schedule, it just can't be! So they dig up Sonny's rankings (must live in Knoxville), and he rates Cherokee ahead of Sullivan East??? Yeah, this guy knows what he's talking about... let's see: Sullivan East was 9-0 coming into Tennessee High game with #7 State ranking vs. Cherokee 8-2. I guess he must have been falling asleep when he came up with that one. And Alcoa has the highest ranking of any team Maryville has played?? I hate to tell you, they may be good... in 2A, but this is 4A. William Blount shouldn't even be on there cause they're terrible. Obviously this guy's rankings are nonsense, so dig up some other joker and get his rankings... maybe, Billy Joe Bob's rankings, I think he lives in Maryville and I'm sure he loves em just as much. The facts are the facts, and sometimes you just have to s-uck it up and take it.

Yep, that's what they said about Central too 03.  Hey man, I'm just keepin it real.  Homeboy wanted to call names, so I amped it up a lil.  Papa, am I good at that or what?  I'm good...moving right along.

Let the MHS coaches at the THS game idea go ya'll.  No one's gonna believe it without pictures, so it's null and void.

THS is playing great football for North Tennessee.  Their deserving of their record, because they've beatin everyone on their slate (lame dogs and otherwise).  Where I take exception is when someone starts comparing North TN football to Region 3.

825414952[/snapback]

P.S. You're not that good, and you substantiated your comeback with absolutely nothing but "uh, so what I left those other good teams out, cause that would leave me with nothing to say because you were indeed right, but I left em out cause I said so!" Or that's what it boiled down to, and then you say, "I'm the best at making no sense at all, Papa congratulate me please." :D

The ONLY thing that is killing the Rebel fans is that they have to wait until they play Tennessee! And of course people like me saying Maryville shouldn't look ahead!

825416969[/snapback]

You seem to know a lot about E Tenn. football. So what fan are you? If I would have to guess, I would say you are bias towards the Rebels, but that's just me. And by the way, the Va. High game you came to see was our 2nd worst performance all year, don't expect that same team come 4th round. The Vikings will roll!

BVD#68, I am biased toward a well run program. Who wouldn't be? I've watched teams in E T for years. I keep coming back to the Maryville games partly because so many teams get themselves all pumped-up the week of the Maryville game. Everyone wants to knock them off. Maryville defines the class. They can score on a team in half a dozen ways in a single game.

Just last year it was gonna be Knox Central's year to win it all. Then Cleveland's and MoWest. By the playoffs I heard it was also gonna be Chattanooga Central's year. I guess all those teams had been pointing to huge success because they were due in some way. Maybe they all had big Senior classes.

All of them were going to fall short but then MoWest cashed in on the many Maryville mistakes and got to the 'boro. Maryville was the better team. But NOT that day. MoWest was maybe the fourth best 4A team in the 1 thru 4 Regions. Comparing them last year to THS this year won't work. MoWest had no offense. That killed them against Hillsboro, bigtime. I was at the THS @ MoWest game. The vikings were young. You say they've all grown up. I partly agree. Tho O line is not very good, still.

Now, this year I have had a chance to finally see a good Upper E T team. The vikings are for real. I've printed that statement at least 10 times on these many threads. Why on earth would you say the V T game was the 2nd worst performance? If thats because the vikings didn't score enough to please you then I guess it was a poor showing. But I saw a good THS team. They even returned another punt for a touchdown! Thats about 6 or 7 kick returns this year.

825417467[/snapback]

I say that it was their 2nd worst performance because it was indeed their 2nd worst performance, and if you did see that game then you did not see the true Vikings that have shown up for the majority of the games. The Vikings have found themselves in a bit of complacency throughout this season due to the lack of a challenge, and it has been hard for them to play their best every game when it is not needed to win. There have been three games this year where I could say the Vikings put forth less than 100% effort, and the Va. High game was one of them. You saw a game where they played a sub-par team and came away with a 40-12 win, this past weekend they played a much much better Sullivan East team, ranked #7 in the state (higher ranked team than any Maryville has played this year), and they played up to their potential beating them 54-0. If you honestly think you saw the same team against Va. High, then that is your opinion, but analyze what I have told you. The team you will see play Maryville is going to impress you, trust me on that. Tennessee High is better than Maryville, and they will show it in due time. And this is not meant to be trash talk or unsubstantiated babble, but i'm looking forward to the 4th round matchup.