Tennessee High state champions

wrestlingcoach

Totally agree with you, and you know I would love to see yall in the semi's playing my Patriots. Two games to go though, and it's goin to be tougher then you could imagine.

825422274[/snapback]

:ph34r: EASTHIGH how do you like being referred to as a sub-par Region 1 team that THS “cake walks” all over. Especially after the enormous numbers that your offence has put up this year. 03 is not giving THS a black eye… it seems like he’s taking swings at you!!!

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You all have us AND our program soooo wrong and we like it that way. Keep thinking you're good enough. Keep thinking you can compete. You should be listening to Nizzi. But that's ok.

Your program has been choking for years now and I can understand how the thin air up here in the stratosphere where Maryvile LIVES (referred to as playoffs past round 2) and you only sometimes visit, could be effecting your judgement. We're used to living at the pinnacle and even more used to pretenders like you desperately trying to climb the mountain and sit with us at the table.

There's a problem...there's only room at this table for MEN and CHAMPIONS. Sorry you do not possess either... :rolleyes:

Wow! There are just so many things wrong in this thread...

1. Being well-coached and disciplined is not enough to win in this era...

- Has the era changed since two years ago when that is EXACTLY what won MHS a state championship over a more gifted and athletic team?

- Has the era changed since Friday night when MHS walked off the field with its 11th consecutive win by more than 2 touchdowns?

2. MHS wins by intimidation...

- Do you think Hillsboro was intimidated by a bunch of little rich boys from Maryville when we waltzed into their town and bought home the golden ball in back to back years?

- Do you think that Central is intimidated by MHS when we have to come into their house where there are no seats for Rebel fans and play in front of their crowd on their turf when they think they are better than us?

3. Head to head comparisons don't matter...

- C'mon! We trounced the team you squeaked by. "Welcome to the real world she said to me, condescendingly, take a seat, take your life...jot it down in black and white" - John Mayer. The black and white statement is Black and Red margin of victory 34 vs. THS margin of victory 11. That's a three touchdown (and one safety)advantage to the MIGHTY RED REBELS.

4. It's a game of emotions.

- Not when you're a Red Rebel and you prepare as a champion week in and week out and you take each game with the same degree of professionalism...and then go out and get it done....just like business.

Keep winning THS. Please keep winning. Red Rebels too. I want to see this game.

Edited by papa chaos

Taking swings at EastHigh? No. Thats not the case at all.

But, I can offer some help for you. I've noticed that since you joined this board 4 days ago you have gotten increasingly less stable. I didn't realize you might have been recently discharged from an institution. Its ok though. I want you to know it will all be over in a couple of weeks.

I just hope you're not a high school basketball fan. I don't believe you could make it thru another season. Unless of course they have a tv where you're going to spend the winter.

825422483[/snapback]

:rolleyes: 03 the way you flip flop on your responses one would think that you were Kerrey’s campaign manager… or at lease kin to him.

So do you or do you not respect Sullivan East as a true 4A AP top ten ranked team or not. Now don’t forget… you and other Maryville hopefuls have all said that Region 1 is one of the weakest Regions in the state. So how in the world could they post TWO of the top 10 teams in the state (THS the #2 team and East ranked as high as #7 until they lost to THS)?! Could East compete outside of their region? Now don’t forget the ALL MIGHTY REGION 3 has only posted two teams in the top ten.

Let me also add some facts. Maryville posted only a score of 31-18 over Alcoa (a very good team I might add) but they are only a 2A school in Region 2 not doubt. They let a very weak 5A team (that only won their last 3 games) in William Blount rack up 21 point. Let’s hear it 03… let’s hear your stable minded response.

shelley, there's a lot ot those 2 games you don't understand and that's only because you don't live down here. Alcoa could score 18 on anyone in 4A. It's a fact man...take my word on it.

William blount had just had an awful weeek in the press down here, with allegatons of the coach and his family being threatened, parents running into the locker room at halftime, the team moving the home sidelines across the field to get away from their OWN fans. I'm not ashamed at all we let them go home with something to feel good about.

03 is a lil confusing, isn't he? I think he just appreciates good football. He appreciates you all too, truth be known.

shelley, there's a lot ot those 2 games you don't understand and that's only because you don't live down here.  Alcoa could score 18 on anyone in 4A. It's a fact man...take my word on it. 

William blount had just had an awful weeek in the press down here, with allegatons of the coach and his family being threatened, parents running into the locker room at halftime, the team moving the home sidelines across the field to get away from their OWN fans.  I'm not ashamed at all we let them go home with something to feel good about.

03 is a lil confusing, isn't he?  I think he just appreciates good football.  He appreciates you all too, truth be known.

825422883[/snapback]

B) I appreciate your post D1… and totally agree with what you said. I guess I’m still a little sensitive about the MoWest game. Your statements prove the point that I was trying to get across… the MENTAL ASPECT of each individual game. Most of us (including myself) had no idea of the situation that surrounded the William Blount game. In the same light… I don’t think the mental mood that surrounded the MoWest game has been appreciated by those who aren’t affiliated with THS’s program. I can honestly say that in one sense we went into this game as the underdog. Not only did we face a team that (while not being up to their normal standard) was still talented and well coached, but the mental cloud that loomed over THS was enormous. They dropped us out in the first round of the playoffs three of the last four years. This (while not pretty) was a big win for our seniors… not a “black-eye” to our season! I enjoy the jousting with 03 and appreciate and respect his views… but I don’t think he gives THS credit for what we consider a big win because we were not able to run the score up. We were decisively the superior team Friday night!!

Note: Three touchdowns called back because of penalties that I don’t feel directly affected the play. Not an excuse… just a fact.

Then we've both learned something. Good deal!! I didn't realize that MoWest had become such an obstacle for you all. That's understandable. Give credit to them....they love to spoil teams seasons haha B)

Ya'll need to schedule MoWest and a DB. Doesn't matter if you lose both games. You're playing teams outta your regular line up and gearing for the playoffs. We too could afford to do the same. I'd like to schedule Oak Ridge, then maybe Austin East or Fulton, for the speed they show you.

I hate playing Heritage and WB. They do nothing for us but help us win the Blount Co championship...big whoop!! We're probably moving to 5A in 2 years.

B) Calm down PAPA… I understand your frustration. I’m sure it’s heard to believe that someone isn’t backing down with your usual talk of how great your tradition is and how many state championships you have had in the past… but it’s true. Our fans (for the most part) are not buying into this “We Are The World” crap you guys lay on so thick.

By the way… I said and I quote “being big and strong and well coach isn’t enough to win in this era… you must have the stand out athletes”. What I was referring to is that most teams in this era at the high school level have great weight programs that mirror one another. There are also a lot of great coaches with Great programs, philosophies and staffs through out the state. At that point… what gives one team a decisive edge would be their talent level any given year. That is something that even the Great coach at Maryville can’t control. That’s what I feel gives us an advantage over your team this year. And that’s meaning no disrespect to your coaches, players, or program. That’s My opinion from the reports that I’ve heard. thumb

Then we've both learned something.  Good deal!!  I didn't realize that MoWest had become such an obstacle for you all.  That's understandable.  Give credit to them....they love to spoil teams seasons haha B)

Ya'll need to schedule MoWest and a DB.  Doesn't matter if you lose both games.  You're playing teams outta your regular line up and gearing for the playoffs.  We too could afford to do the same.  I'd like to schedule Oak Ridge, then maybe Austin East or Fulton, for the speed they show you.

I hate playing Heritage and WB.  They do nothing for us but help us win the Blount Co championship...big whoop!!  We're probably moving to 5A in 2 years.

825423132[/snapback]

:D I hate to say it but I’m glad to hear about the possible 5A move. Gives us boys up here in UET a little room at that Championship Table! B)

Papa is a good guy too...he's just mixin it up like the rest of us. I'm just so darn glad we've finally found some fans that'll fight back!! I'm looking forward to the 5A move now, I think. I'm gonna miss the great match ups with Powell, Central and Mo West.

To tell you the truth though, you can only dominate so long before that ritz cracker starts tastin like a saltine....know what I mean? I don't mean that to sound condescending, jaded or snobbish (though I'm sure it sounds so). Good teams need a challenge and we're just not geting it anymore. Even if we lose Friday, we dominated this year, like last year, like the year before.

I'm looking forward to playing up to the challenge DB, Oak Ridge, Soddy, Ooltewah, Jeff Co and Riverdale hold. Maybe it's time for TN High to move up too B)

Whats up with this?

1tshelly writes "I'm still a little SENSITIVE about the MoWest game." And moyers replies " I didn't realize MoWest had become such an OBSTACAL for you all."

Those are the sweetest post ever!

But then 1tshelley goes right back to trashing by posting PAPA the usual garbage. Now, moyers will come on and trash me.

Now whose confused?

825423162[/snapback]

I don't want ya feeling left out 03. You've made good points too and you confuse me more consistently than anyone....translation: you make me think.

We've been at each others throats for 2 weeks man. Shelly and I found common ground over MoWest. Papa and Shelley wil too eventually. You like both our teams, so you're just like a duck with plenty of water... thumb