Jefferson Co beats SD

JC4life

Jeff Co was all business tonight against South Doyle, Jeff Co took the lead early and never let it go, winning 27-7 (SD scored against Jeff Co 2nd team). I have to give BIG props to QB Ben Pewitt who had a great game throwing the ball. Anyone who had doubts about his throwing ability has no leg to stand on now. Ben threw the ball well all game, the great pass to Acuff that was dropped, and the bomb to Dallas really stick out in my mind. Chris Shiverdecker had another very good game going well over the 100 yd mark and scoring 3 TD's. The offense was really sloppy at times during the first half, we were penalized alot in the first half which killed some drives. Had we not been back up so much, the score would have been alot worse, we also lost another fumble deep on our own side of the field. The defense got back to its steller ways, totally shuting down the SD offense the entire ball game. Zack Smiley and Billy Luther really stood out leading the patriot defense. The big guys up front were able to get a great push on running plays, and they were able to pressure the SD QB whenever he dropped back to pass (even though they were held all game long). As I expected coach Hutch can out and tested our secondary, we were doing a very good job until Trey Reliford got hurt, then they pick on Tyler Vineyard and had some success throwing the ball. We dropped a bunch of int's that would have put the game away early, Shane Acuff was able to snag one in the 2nd half though. Special teams was a mix of both good and bad, we recovered another onside kick, but we also were beat a good number of times on the kickoff (I think its time to scratch the way we kick off). The punter Cox had a GREAT game, he hit one that much have went over 50yds then followed that up with a 40yd punt. Overall the patriot played how I expected them to, I saw alot of things I liked in the passing game, and the defense returned to its former self. Now we just have to keep it up and hope for some luck.

GO BULLDOGS!

Edited by JC4life

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Pats came out with more intensity than I thought they might considering the disappointment of last week's loss. Ben passed well, and would have had an even better game except his protection broke down a time or two with Dallas wide open down the field. Shane had a good game--it was his birthday. But the man of the game was Billy Luther--it was one of the best games by a high school tackle I have ever seen--especially since SD tackle on that side was supposed to be their stud. On to Bearden. I'll be rooting for DB tomorrow night. May go to Ooltewah/Oak Ridge or Maryville/Central or Maury/Jefferson (Middle school).

Billy Luther, your my hero! Great Game! Hat's off to Ben, Great Game!

Offensive line seems to get weaker with every game.

Defense seem to have it together again.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHANE! :D

I loved watching Hutch show his ........ with about 5 min left. He was a winney cry baby @ JCHS. Had we done an onside kick against anyone else with under 5 min to go with a 27 point lead I would have been HOT. Did anyone hear a post game interview with Hutchinson? I imagine he was irrate.

Edited by DAFAN

JC did take care of business early in the game, but then it turned very sloppy. I believe I could have taken some band members from SD and JC, and gave SD football team a good game. Hutchins, does not have any talent at all to work with, his Db's and RB showed some good speed at times but other than that, SD is very weak. Remember SD lost to SH by 2 earlier this year.

JC should beat Bearden, if the kids prepare for this game and come out ready to play. I look for the same type performance against Bearden as they had last night.

Start strong, get ahead, back off.

This type attitude will not work in the playoffs.

Ben, had his best performance passing of the year, still sloppy when he has to make a play with his feet. (scrambling, busted plays ect.)

Shane, had a big day on his Bithday.

Zack, was all over the field.

BILL, TOOK OVER UP FRONT ALL NIGHT LONG.

Schevy, had a good night, but 1 fumble.

The o-line is still not very good with the exception of Kline.

Good Game Patriots!

SD was excited before the game, talking all kinds of smack, I guess one win does that for you. I didn't know what to expect they have played some teams close this year.

Billy, Awesome performance. I agree, best performance by a Defensive Tackle I have seen in High School also.

Smiley, had some good showing. Ben, good game, glad to see you connect on some, and you would have had some more if the catches were made. Daniel and Jason had some good stuff, Guys get one more W, and hopefully SC will lose tonight or next week.

IF we can make it in the playoffs, this team may be able to do what Jeff County did a few years back, squeak into the playoffs, and still make it to the big game.

So tonight, Go Bearden!!! One time, play your heart out and take Sevier County out. Pass on them, you will win.

Guys, make play offs or not, play like you can next week, put your heart into it and walk off the field proud.

Go Patriots!

The bottom line is the Patriots did whatthey needed to do: WIN. However, it certainly was not pretty in getting there. Our offensive line looked the worst it has looked all year in my opinion. There seems to be someone new every game and I think they need some continuity to gel as a group. We will need that if we make it to the playoffs.

Luther and Smiley were all over the field last night and I was glad to see Billy step up and have a good game.

About the playoff situation...I think the best way we can get in is that Campbell Co. loses its last two games. DB is a given loss almost and I think Karns' running attack will wear them down. I really can't see Sevier Co. losing either of their last two games. But, who knows? Anything can happen.

Go Patriots! Take care of business next week.

What happens if Sevier County, Campbell County, and Jeff County are all tied at 4-3 in the region? A distinct possibility! SC wins both their games, CC loses to DB and Karns, Pats beat Bearden. All 4-3. Pats beat CC on head-to-head but lose to SC on the same. CC beats SC on h-t-h but loses to JC on the same. SC beats the Pats on h-t-h but lose to CC on the same. We're all even! How do you select two of the three to join DB and Karns for the play-offs? Anybody got a calculator? What are the rules beyond head-to-head? Of course, if Bearden would just beat SC tonight, it would make things much simpler!