Indians smoke the Cougars 48-0

CougarTrav02

DB blocked two CC punts although one was negated by a running into the kicker penalty. How does that get called when the kick is blocked?

825396317[/snapback]

I think it was just a terrible kick and hit the lineman in the back of the head, I don't think we ever actually got a hand on it

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Napier is our LB/RB.  Slover is our back up QB. Coach Wells puts our LB/RB as QB and not our back up QB..... horrible coaching.  Also, I think our OL and DL needs to learn how to tackle again...

825396489[/snapback]

Guys, sometimes we have to admit when we are outmatched. Our Cougars have played with grit, determination & emotion all year during this special season. It is not good to have the #1 team in the State to roll in to town when our tank is near empty. Coach Wells did what he could with what options he had available. He survived to play another day. Coach Wells is building something special for Cougar football - let's enjoy the ride!

GO COUGARS! POUND THE BEAVERS!

Napier is our LB/RB.  Slover is our back up QB. Coach Wells puts our LB/RB as QB and not our back up QB..... horrible coaching.  Also, I think our OL and DL needs to learn how to tackle again...

825396489[/snapback]

Your best season ever and after loosing to the #1 team in the state you start complaining? No wonder it took you guys 20 something years to have a great season. with people like this it make take 20 more to have another.

Congrats on a great season cougars. keep up the hard work and good luck in the post season.

Your best season ever and after loosing to the #1 team in the state you start complaining?  No wonder it took you guys 20 something years to have a great season.  with people like this it make take 20 more to have another. 

Congrats on a great season cougars.  keep up the hard work and good luck in the post season.

825397245[/snapback]

The Cougars need to take the Dobyns Bennett game and review it, learn from it and then FORGET it. DB simply has too many weapons for an up & coming team to compete with at this stage.

The senior leadership of the Cougars need to regroup, heal up & get ready for the game of their football lives. Now is not the time to start having doubters. Reality stinks regarding DB - Karns is a different story. The Cougars have faced big O-Lines and good RBs already this season. The D should be ready for Elder & Company, but Coach Wells & staff will have to figure a way to get the Cougar offense moving again.

The support from fans of other schools has been wonderful & greatly appreciated this year. Hopefully the Cougars will get an opportunity to host a playoff game and keep the program building. It is a shame for a school the size of Campbell Co. to only dress out about 35-40 players. With the excitement and attention this year's Cougar team has generated, perhaps it will encourage more of the student body to get involved and continue what this special class has started.

Edited by VolViking

D-B proved why they were the top team in the state. I have never seen a defense like that one. On the offensive side of the ball they showed all of their weapons. Remeber folks this team went to Blankenship field to defeat Oak Ridge. I doubt any team in the state can stand up to D-B at this point, even mighty Riverdale isn't going to be able to stop the Tribe. I don't think that all of the Coach Wells critics out there are hitting the mark. Sloverhas been suffering through injuries on season and is a key in our defense. Johnson had never played QB and would have done ok with a little more practice time. Napier is a good athlete and was a great QB at one point in his career, he had some great passes that I doubt any other team we played would have been able to pick off. I seriously doubt that any Wells critic could have gotten the Cougars to where they are today so all of you need to drink a big glass of "Shut the heck up!". Everybody needs to put this behind them and go pack out the visitor's section at Karns next week and support this team.

I agree, Wells is the only coach that has gotten Campbell Co this far; ever. The fun is not over yet, b/c you guys get to play your first playoff game yet. Once you get that winning feeling in your blood up there in Campbell Co, the kids will remember what it feels like. Campbell Co will never be the same, sure they might have a few off seasons, but this program is headed in the right direction ad that is UP! Remember the man that got you here, your coach. DB had an excellent game and was very pumped and focused. I don't think anyone in TN could have beaten DB last Friday except maybe some college teams.

D-B proved why they were the top team in the state.  I have never seen a defense like that one.  On the offensive side of the ball they showed all of their weapons.  Remeber folks this team went to Blankenship field to defeat Oak Ridge.  I doubt any team in the state can stand up to D-B at this point, even mighty Riverdale isn't going to be able to stop the Tribe.  I don't think that all of the Coach Wells critics out there are hitting the mark.  Sloverhas been suffering through injuries on season and is  a key in our defense.  Johnson had never played QB and would have done ok with a little more practice time.  Napier is a good athlete and was a great QB at one point in his career, he had some great passes that I doubt any other team we played would have been able to pick off.  I seriously doubt that any Wells critic could have gotten the Cougars to where they are today so all of you need to drink a big glass of "Shut the heck up!".  Everybody needs to put this behind them and go pack out the visitor's section at Karns next week and support this team.

825397596[/snapback]

Are all these Coach wells critics you speak of strictly on coacht or were you hearing a rumble from the stands Friday night? If it is only here on the web site I would worry since it seems that alot of the players are tuned in regularly to these topics. NO NEED TO DOUBT NOW GUYS, this game was big to be in a position you have never been, but not big enough to bet the farm on. GET OVER IT and get ready for Karns with all the focus you have displayed these past few months!!!!!

thumb

If all the rumble is from the stands then don't worry. DB probably has a few grandstand coaches as well, everyone does and you never see them or hear them when you post a W so don't listen to them after a loss vs the No#1 team in the AP poll.

BTW VolTimesSportsEditor, are you going to offer free refills on that big glass in your column this week????????????????????? :huh::P

Edited by possumcop

D-B proved why they were the top team in the state.  I have never seen a defense like that one.  On the offensive side of the ball they showed all of their weapons.  Remeber folks this team went to Blankenship field to defeat Oak Ridge.  I doubt any team in the state can stand up to D-B at this point, even mighty Riverdale isn't going to be able to stop the Tribe.  I don't think that all of the Coach Wells critics out there are hitting the mark.  Sloverhas been suffering through injuries on season and is  a key in our defense.  Johnson had never played QB and would have done ok with a little more practice time.  Napier is a good athlete and was a great QB at one point in his career, he had some great passes that I doubt any other team we played would have been able to pick off.  I seriously doubt that any Wells critic could have gotten the Cougars to where they are today so all of you need to drink a big glass of "Shut the heck up!".  Everybody needs to put this behind them and go pack out the visitor's section at Karns next week and support this team.

825397596[/snapback]

well stated my son (and boss)...

Are all these Coach wells critics you speak of strictly on coacht or were you hearing a rumble from the stands Friday night?  If it is only here on the web site I would worry since it seems that alot of the players are tuned in regularly to these topics.  NO NEED TO DOUBT NOW GUYS, this game was big to be in a position you have never been, but not big enough to bet the farm on.  GET OVER IT and get ready for Karns with all the focus you have displayed these past few months!!!!!

thumb

If all the rumble is from the stands then don't worry.  DB probably has a few grandstand coaches as well, everyone does and you never see them or hear them when you post a W so don't listen to them after a loss vs the No#1 team in the AP poll.

BTW VolTimesSportsEditor, are you going to offer free refills on that big glass in your column this week????????????????????? :P  B)

825398334[/snapback]

the DB game WAS teh biggest game of teh year last week because they were number one in teh state and teh game was for teh region championship...now teh upcoming game with Karns is teh biggest game of teh season...teh Cougs control their own destiny...teh game is at karns...karns is not DB but they are a pretty good team...CC seems to have more at stake...teh Beaverettes are in teh playoffs win or lose...i am pretty sure the Cougs need a win...teh biggest win in school history...i bet youfolks wish i could type teh word "THE"...LOL...fast fingers peeblee has a hard time with that word!!! its kinda like a trademark with me!!!