Maryville Rebels vs. Clinton Dragons

mrebel171113

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well seeing as how its the whole town of central vs. me i think im doin alright

825398193[/snapback]

Sorry brother!! I got sanctioned twice by the moderators Friday nite and got a nasty email from the boss, telling me to shape up or else. I guess I did go a lil over the edge. You know I would have had your back though thumb

Poor clinton. What can be said? Their actually the first team this year I feel sorry for. Lets go easy on the Clinton faithful guys. They've had a ROUGH year and it's just gonna get worse Friday nite. thumb

Clinton, is there any hope in the future? Are their any plans to change things in the works?

now that all of you have had a chance to take your shots at me i believe its my turn.  or i need i say anything other than 56-10?  it seems like yall are just a little insecure about yourself to me.  i wear the helment because i want to, its called having a liking for a winning program, you dont know much about that.  i played, i just quit, because your exactly right, i wasnt good enough to play in the very talented Maryville program, and ill be the first to admit it. but i do know how to play with dignity and pride, because ive done it and ive got the state championship ring in my room to prove it, do you have one of those?  and i dont remember myself every trying to pick a fight with someone, if you wanna show me an example that be fantastic.  bobcatscalling, go find your boyfriend man, hes looking for you.

825397709[/snapback]

i only hear of the great things about maryville since im from the west and all.. but come on its not like they are the gods of football... oh and by the way... do you not feel like that ring is too good for you, since you admitted to the program being too good.. sounds like someone played to get the ring, then quit.. and they when they leave the town they can tell some great story of playing at maryville...

This isn't the message board to be asking a high school kid out! Whatever age he is its way too young for you.

825398668[/snapback]

Thats pretty much apparent by his posts, its kinda like a little baby stomping his feet when someone doesn't agree with him. Sorry but we all don't live in his one-sided little world. :D

A message for RebelRaider,

Hey, nobody is afraid of you, so get over yourself. Whats the helmet for? huh? you afraid someone is gonna knock you across the head? or do you wear it beacuse you couldn't make the football team or sucked to bad to play, so you wear that so you can feel like your apart of the team. cause do you think that any player on your team actual cares that your there? i'm certainly not afraid of you, so if you want to pick a fight with somebody like you've been trying to do, remember i'm out there and trust me after i would be done with you, you wouldn't be cheering and then you would actual need to have that helmet on. don't worry i'll remember you next i see you if your still trying to get people to fight you.

825397397[/snapback]

Remember something, Raider isn't alone. Think twice lil girl. Besides, if Raidersa words are all it takes to get you riled, then what kinda "MAN" are you anyway?

Once again, to mess with Raider would be a VERY big mistake. :blink:

Thats pretty much apparent by his posts, its kinda like a little baby stomping his feet when someone doesn't agree with him.  Sorry but we all don't live in his one-sided little world. B)

825398748[/snapback]

Hey BKITTYFAN, this is the Maryville/Clinton thread. Do you all not play ANYONE this Friday? Shouldn't you be concentrating on Powell, or can you just not let it go? You're on of those folks who still swears Atlanta won at least 3 Wolrd Series in the 90's, aren't you? :blink:

Anway, like I said before boys, go easy on Clintons faithful. They have a good program and it wasn't that many years ago that they played decent football.

I hope we do get to see the younger kids play a lot Friday. It might sound crazy, but Clinton might be wise to play some of their youngsters too. How many times between now and next year will they line up against talent (or Tallent hee hee) like this?

Sorry I've missed out on all the action this weekend!

Hey, get off Raider! He's passionate about his team. You can't fault him for that. Anyone who understands high school and collegiate football at all must also understand Raider's predicament. He played ball for three years at that school. Two of those years MHS won state championships. He was a contributor on one of those championship teams...even if only in practice. It is the Maryville system of backups and underclassmen pushing starters and upperclassmen to deliver at their very highest level or else be replaced that makes Maryville capable of reloading each and every offseason. Raider earned his ring. Enough said about that. And those football players very much consider him and the rest of the fan section and student body to be part of their family. If the team had its way they'd probably give Raider a ring again this year if they go on to win another. So his senior year he decided that he had no future playing football and so he chose to enjoy his time in the stands with his friends. That happens each and every day in the world of sports. When younger, more talented players come along and it becomes very apparent that their future is brighter than yours...you move on. That's nothing against Raider...he could easily be a contributor on any team that MHS has played this year.

Now, all of you adults out there...don't get pulled into his game or you are no better than he is...actually you're worse because you are all adults and he's a kid. This type of behavior is to be expected from a high school senior but is definitely beneath anyone who has a kid the same age as Raider.

Very well said papa. I echoed your sentiments earlier.

Back to the game. Clinton will be the first to tell you that they aren't much of a threat, but their gonna play dang hard and give it their best. This is their bowl game guys. This is as close as they'll get to the Boro.

That said, I'm looking forward to seeing the future of Maryville Football friday nite. It would be nice if we could beat them by one or two TD's, leave Clinton something to feel good about and everybody is happy in the end.

I know a lot of folks probably get the wrong idea about me. I alwasy wanna see struggling programs get better though. Who's gonna push us if they do not?

Clinton is a class act lot of good kids, i know some of them. Hensley the big offensive tackle could start for anyone in this region. ANYONE. That Reynolds kid for Carter gets a lot of hype but i would much rather have Hensley on my side. Dye Clinton's QB is a basketball player in pads not much of a thrower but dangerous in space. Yea you guys are right Maryville will come out and dominnate and Cade will be done with his work by the third series at the latest but give Clinton some credit their coaches have them ready to play every week. Thats a testament to the heart and will of those kids over there. They have won one game all year (a good looking win over a pretty good Campbell County team) and they still come out and play as hard as they would if they were right in the thick of it. So Clinton guys, come out and play your guts out for every Giant at some point there is a David to bring it down. Someone is gonna beat Maryville at some point....

Any team, any friday....that's why we play the games.

If Maryville fans want a realy perspective change, try this just to yourself, in your head Friday nite. Root for Clinton for one quarter. That really helps put things in perspective. That's what I try to do with teams that I wanna see get better. It really helps understand THEIR side of it.

My Dad would kill me for saying this in public, but I do that in the Vandy game every year.

Hey, good luck Friday palpanther. We really wanna see a W friday nite from you!!