Maryville Rebels vs. Clinton Dragons

mrebel171113

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1st off it really seemed like Maryville was trying to run up the score. I mean it was like 27-3 in the 2nd quarter and Maryville still has their starters in and going for it on 4th down. 2nd of all the 3-0 lead at the first of the game, was that the first time Maryville had been down all season? #66 is Eric Hensley, and I know he has talked with Tennessee but i dont think they offered him a scholarship yet nor do i know if they will but as of right now I believe he is going to Vanderbilt. He has good grades and I think theyve already offered.

Maryvilles 1st string offense came out w/ about 8 min. left in the 3rd quarter. And yes going for it on 4th down when your up by quite a bit is trying to run up the score to me.

825408052[/snapback]

Maryville does not run up the score. Coach Q is a class act and respects all teams regardless of record. What is a fact is the coaching staff was miffed and concerned that the 1st strings on both sides of the ball were flat. The Maryville team did not have the normal intensity the coach’s demand. Having said that I think GQ was not convinced the game was in hand and had great respect for a Clinton team who ran the ball well on its first possession. Clinton was the first team to even score on Maryville in any first quarter. Besides why send your young kids into a game vs. the starters of your beaten opponent's mad and emotional seniors?

Edited by FBEmeritus

First of all, please quit whining you woman. 2nd, if Maryville wanted to run the score up it would have been a lot worse than 57-10. We were only winning 27-3 when we went for it on 4th. That is not a point where the game is out of hand. Why not go for it anyways?? Its 4th and 2. They were to close to punt, but too far to kick a field goal. Obviously, you go for it.

look man i know your upset because we made your drangons look like a bunch of 3rd graders out there, but there is no need to make stuff up about running up the score, that is ridiculous. if you knew anything about the Maryville program you would know that Coach Q has the utmost respect for other teams. and i agree, if MHS had wanted the score to get out of hand it would have been a heckuva lot worse than 57-10