Clarksville NE at Mt Juliet

timbdp

Maybe you can finally give credit to your offensive line. come on now! All you talk about is skill, skill, skill, and the line is doing the work. Trust me, I was on the sidelines and saw the line dominate a good Northwest team. Give credit where credit is due, and allow the line the respect they deserve. Maybe, just maybe, when the second half of the season began the line decided the games were in there hands. Tough region, and this line is very productive. :justwrestle:

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

those linemen are studs, work horses, and a huge reason they almost beat us that night. However, on the physical aspect, they punished us up front all evening, but the hearts of our athletes would not let #2 catch that final ball. my hat goes off to a very well diciplined, and big hearted group from mt. juliet. I am glad we saw Brown on crutches that evening. Will he play vs. Northeast. If so it may be a long evening.

Flngrvy, Jasper told me it was Arkansas State, not Arkansas that was looking at him. BIG difference. I still love him. Also, since when is Levi signing with Ole Miss? Is he an invited walk-on or signee? Also, I already hear all the EXCUSES, I wanted to hear the real story ( I obviously don't hang around bearland much these days.) Wesley has been playing very well. I saw him at the Waffle House not too long ago. Good kid. And for your information, I never got into a shouting match with any of my parents. They were too busy shouting at EACH OTHER back and forth during the games to argue with me. One and done has turned out to a wonderful blessing for me. I am thankful everyday that I was able to escape (especially when I get my paycheck). thumb At least you have a principal with integrity now. :justwrestle: Any teachers fighting over blankets these days? :D You have got to love the things that go on up there. :huh:

Actually it was Arkansas, not Arkansas State, I talked with the guy for a few minutes on the sidelines and he definately had a razorback on his shirt. Plus, he was a nice guy and I think he was actually more impressed with Nick. Of course, Michael cannot go both ways, even in high school. Anatomy and physiology tells you that a guy 6'5", 370, simply cannot do it. How many plays does Haynesworth play for the Titans in a row? He's about the same size and plays about 4-5 plays before tapping his helmet. I think when Michael gets to college and only has to concentrate on one side of the ball he can be a difference maker. His feet are quick and he has good speed for 15-20 yards. It amazes me that a guy that big can stand flat-footed and dunk..that's a lot of pounds to get up, regardless of his height. As for escaping the zoo that is or hopefully was the boys basketball program, my congratulations to you. thumb

Flngrvy, my bad on the Arkansas thing. I was just going by what Jasper told me. Is he still going to play basketball? We ran him to death in 9th grade and he lost from 322 to 320. He is just a BIG boy. I really think he will flourish just playing one side of the ball. I hope Coach Vanatta does well. I used to shoot ball with his wife at Ravenwood in the summer back in the early 80's. She was a player. I'm sure the folks up there will be easier on him since he is from there.

I keep up with what is going on at MJHS. Of course living down the street, I can't help it. I try not to think about it any more, although every time I drive past MJHS with my four year old son he says "daddy, that is the school where those mean people are." It's funny how kids can cut right through to the heart of the matter. :D

Michael told me he's still gonna play b-ball. He owes me a "thunder dunk" in a game. Gary said he can't wait to use him on setting picks. Gary's daughter is a 5'11" shooting guard and a sophomore, so Chris must be living right. You should come to the football game Friday night and see the upset that will hopefully happen. thumb

Is it still Coach Martin tailgating season? Or has he packed it in for another year? I'm sure I might be persuaded to show my face if we go to see Chris Houston first. Maybe I could even show up in the 2nd quarter and make a grand entrance like some administrator I use to know. :rolleyes: Oh yeah, congratulations on another forfeit victory from an ineligible player in Metro. One or two more schools self-report and you make the play-offs. :huh: thumb

Edited by bigchief

Surprise Surprise! Mt. Juliet beats the playoff bound Northeast Eagles 6-0 in a defensive slugfest...at least on the Mt. Juliet side of the ball. The Eagles were held to 45 yards of total offense in the first half and didn't cross midfield until the third quarter. Northeast ended up with 146 net yards of offense for the night. The Bears two quarterbacks, sophomore Taylor Cisneros and freshman Jake Crawford combined for 10 of 18 passing for 68 yards, with a 7 yard TD by Crawford with seconds to go in the first half to senior Adam Zoccola. Wesley Osborne led the way for the Bears with 153 yards on 34 carries, bringing his season total to 962 yards having only played tailback for seven games, (ever, in his life). Mt. Juliet ended up with 254 yards of total offense and defensively sacked the quarterback 3 times and picked up three interceptions. It was a great game for Mt. Juliet on Senior night after all the adversity due to injuries this season. thumb

i have to tip my hats to the bears this season. you guys had so many things go wrong this year that you could do nothing about but still pulled off a .500 mark. that is great, and i'm glad you represented wilson co. well this year. and i don't care that one of the wins came on that forfeit. you guys deserve somethings to fall your way. this is coming from a rabid Lebanon fan.