Campbell Co. @ Karns

VolViking

Going into the final regular season game, who would have thought in August that the battle for the #2 seed in Region 1 5A would be between the Campbell Co. Cougars and the Karns Beavers. Usually these two teams meet annually in the season finale' in a battle to escape the cellar in Region 1.

However, this season has been special for both teams. Karns owns impressive victories over Science Hill & Jefferson Co. Campbell Co. has posted 4 shut-outs enroute to earning a school history 6 wins, including hard fought road wins @ Sevier Co. and @ Science Hill.

There are several big questions for the Cougars as they head into this all-important game. Can the Cougar Defense & the Four Horsemen muster up another effort against a HUGE offensive line to shut down Elder as they did against PrepXtra Top 10 RBs Zacc Pate and Wesley Smith? Can Coach Wells design a scheme to overcome the loss of Soph Sensation Brance Stiner who helped the Cougars establish a strong & balanced offensive attack? Will Chris Johnson's shoulder injury limit him in this battle of featured Running Backs, (Johnson vs. Elder)? Can the Cougar O-Line shake off the ill effects of the #1 KDB Indians and bounce back with the pride & determination that has carried them so far? Can the outstanding trio of Cougar LBs shake off the bangs & bruises of a hard fought season to garner one more big effort before the playoffs?

It all hinges on this game. A huge regular season for the Cougars. Now it all comes down to this game. A game against a fierce & perhaps biggest rival in Region 1 for the Cougars. A win and the Cougars will host their first ever play-off game. A loss will regulate the Cougars to travelling to a Region 2 powerhouse, or worse yet, possibly out of the play-offs altogether. That would be unthinkable for this Cougar team, but it is all up to them on how they perform vs. Elder & the rest of the Beavers.

Edited by VolViking

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If CCCHS had Qb back id go with them all the way.  But with out him have to go with Karns

825398609[/snapback]

I'm afraid that I have to agree that the QB situation is a big problem right now for the Campbell Co. team. Whats up with the Slover kid giving way to the Napier kid at QB, I thought everyone said that Slover was THE heir apparent since he was the starter at QB last year?????????????????????????????????

I think that there are other people that could play the quarterback position that the coaches are overlooking. The only thing that Napier doesn't have is the height. Or the speed really. We need to see what we can do this week that would be the best for the team.

825398706[/snapback]

go to the true single wing formation...LOL...teh shotgun formation worked until the bad snap occurred...theloss of Stiner at QB has killed us (Cougars)...I dont think hispresence at QB wold have changed teh outcomeof teh DB game...they were men...o fcourse we alrreadyknew they would be...

teh way I have it figured, if teh Cougs lose their playoff chances are slim to none...Jeff Co and Seveir Co play Bearden and South Doyle which will/should result i wins for teh Patriots and teh Bears...Karns and CC are usually bitter rivals in athletics...I donot see it any different this year...tehy know that a win by them probaly eliminates us from teh playoffs....

tis should be a great game top watch and a great game for the two teams toplay in...

I'm afraid that I have to agree that the QB situation is a big problem right now for the Campbell Co. team.  Whats up with the Slover kid giving way to the Napier kid at QB, I thought everyone said that Slover was THE heir apparent since he was the starter at QB last year?????????????????????????????????

825398619[/snapback]

I told you htere would be a few surprises in teh CC offense...I think slover is nursing a leg injury that he has ahd since preseason...irt doesnt keep him from playing...I think teh Cougars staff thoughtit would be better to paly him only on D...just my opinion...

and as far as playing connect teh dots...I bet they are playing that quite a bit down I-75 right now...it is almost time for them to turn their equipmnt in...

Dobyns Bennett 6 - 0 100%

Campbell Co. 4 - 2 67% 6 - 3

Karns 4 - 2 67% 4 - 5

Jefferson Co. 3 - 3 50% 5 - 4

Sevier Co. 3 - 3 50% 5 - 4

Science Hill 2 - 4 34%

Bearden 1 - 5 17%

South Doyle

cut and paste job off of the region standings.

playoff picture (the way it looks from me)

1) db

2) winner of karns vs ccchs

3) look below

4) look below

*with wins by karns, jeff co. & sevier co, this puts a 3 way tie between ccchs, jeff co. & sevier co. first tie breaker goes to head to head. they beat each other so down to 2nd tie breaker which is over all record they would be tied at 6 - 4. then to teams winning 50% or more of there games ccchs would have 1 (hoping for mo east to win to make 2), jeff co. would have 1 (hoping for mo west to beat cherokee to make 2) & sevier co. would have 2 (hoping for a win by halls to make 3), thus putting sevier co. in the 3rd spot. then the tie breaker procedure would start from the top again thus putting jeff co. in the 4th spot.

**with wins by ccchs, jeff co. & sevier co, 3 way tie with karns, jeff co. & sevier co., once again they beat each other, then to over all record with karns having the least so they drop out , and then back to the top of tie breaker going head to head thus putting sevier co. 3rd and jeff co. 4th.

***heads hurting thinking to much i'll get back on it later!!!!! thumb

[

**with wins by ccchs, jeff co. & sevier co, 3 way tie with karns, jeff co. & sevier co., once again they beat each other, then to over all record with karns having the least so they drop out , and then back to the top of tie breaker going head to head thus putting sevier co. 3rd and jeff co. 4th.

***heads hurting thinking to much i'll get back on it later!!!!! thumb

825399101[/snapback]

Almost correct. There will be a 3-way tie, but Karns beat both SC and JC. Then SC beat JC. That puts karns in 3rd and SC in 4th. JC is out. thumb

Straight from the TSSAA site, the breakdown is as follows:

Dobyns-Bennett is first.

If Campbell County wins, Campbell County is second and Karns is third; Sevier County is fourth unless Jefferson County wins and Sevier County loses, in which case Jefferson County is fourth.

If Karns wins and Jefferson County loses, Karns is second, Campbell County is third, and Sevier County is fourth.

If Karns wins, Jefferson County wins and Sevier County loses, Karns is second, Jefferson County is third, and Campbell County is fourth.

If Karns wins, Jefferson County wins, and Sevier County wins, Karns is second, Sevier County, Campbell County, and Jefferson County are tied for third with 4-3, 6-4 records. It goes to the second tiebreaker.

In the second tiebreaker if Knoxville Halls wins, Sevier County is third and Jefferson County is fourth.

If Knoxville Halls loses, Morristown West wins, and Morristown East loses, Sevier County is third and Jefferson County is fourth.

If Knoxville Halls loses, Morristown West loses, and Morristown East wins, Campbell County is third and Sevier County is fourth.

If Knoxville Halls loses, Morristown East wins, and Morristown West wins, then it goes to the third tiebreaker. Sevier County is third and Jefferson County is fourth.

Best options for the Campbell Co. Cougars:

1. BEAT KARNS - lock up #2 seed Big East

2. Hope that Jefferson Co. or Sevier Co. is upset

3. Quickly become a big fan of the Carter Green Hornets

4. Cheer on the Morristown East Hurricanes and hope for a MoWest loss

Personally, I like option #1! thumb