What a show at Dekalb Middle School!

UCSportsFan

If there were any questions about how much better Miss Casey was going to be after playing all summer long with Coach Brown and Coach Insell on Shelbyville's AAU team, they were answered tonight. She totally dominated a team that won last years James C. Haile state championship, a triple double for sure with points, rebounds, and blocks. The sky is the limit and just think when she gets to highschool in two years we will be in Class A, look out! thumb

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6'6... 6 foot 6 inches.....six foot six inches??? in the seventh grade?? that would be amazing for a guy... and this is a girl? daaaaang

i imagine she would dominate being that tall in 7th grade

825400954[/snapback]

Yes but imagine if she would not have MOVED or been Recruited by Jackson County, Smith County would be a power house! She was 6'4" in the 5th grade! She isn't even done growing yet! Props to Jim Brown, his Program Tradition of Winning brings girls from all over! 2 from york, one from Upperman, one from Smith County, and lots more to come! No Hard feelings all coaches would if could! He just gets it done!

If there were any questions about how much better Miss Casey was going to be after playing all summer long with Coach Brown and Coach Insell on Shelbyville's AAU team, they were answered tonight.  She totally dominated a team that won last years James C. Haile state championship, a triple double for sure with points, rebounds, and blocks.  The sky is the limit and just think when she gets to highschool in two years we will be in Class A, look out! thumb

825400593[/snapback]

what size middle school is she in??

If there were any questions about how much better Miss Casey was going to be after playing all summer long with Coach Brown and Coach Insell on Shelbyville's AAU team, they were answered tonight.  She totally dominated a team that won last years James C. Haile state championship, a triple double for sure with points, rebounds, and blocks.  The sky is the limit and just think when she gets to highschool in two years we will be in Class A, look out! thumb

825400593[/snapback]

It wont be no cake walk in A or the district...Clarkrange will be loaded with 3 6'0 players of their own and talent all around them!! its gonna be fun to watch 2 talented teams and 2 good coaches locking horns for the next few years

Good Grief!! a 6'6" 7th grader.... thats huge!  :D

is she coordinated? or is she really clumsy?

825401686[/snapback]

She use to be pretty uncoordinated, but I saw her this summer in AAU, and she had really improved alot since the last time I had saw her. She is truely a sight to see out there with all those other girls her age. The only word that comes to mind when you look at her is "WOW!" If she learns to cope with the physical part of the game and improves her footwork, there will be no stopping her.

It wont be no cake walk in A or the district...Clarkrange will be loaded with 3 6'0 players of their own and talent all around them!! its gonna be fun to watch 2 talented teams and 2 good coaches locking horns for the next few years

825401272[/snapback]

Didn't say it would be a cakewalk, however don't think that they only thing Jackson County will bring to the table is one player, you can bet that every girl on the bench can flat out play the game! We beat you by 40 last year and you won the Class A state championship. But we have all heard about the girls from Pinehaven and they are certainly a talented group, i do agree that it will be fun to watch but seeing how much Miss Casey has improved in just half a season and one summer with Coach Brown is incredible. I have seen alot of girls that are 6', 6'2 but none have the wing span this girl does, her arms are so long it she takes up the whole lane, just wait till you watch her, you'll see what i'm talking about, she's about 6'7 with her shoes on and that my friend is un-guardable at the junior high level! When she came to here she was relatively uncoordinated and not very strong. Then to watch her this year, its like night and day, she shoots the ball like a "shooter" not just a big person throwing it up, she has added alot of touch and is almost automatic from 8 ft in with that bank shot of hers. Then you add the other players in with her and it will take a very good team to beat them, one of the starters didn't even play in this game and they still won by 16 and believe it or not but Dekalb Co. girls are pretty darn good. thumb