5A MR. FOOTBALL POLL

hs sports fan

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

I'd say that the one reason this guy maybe should not be included in the top 3 is only because he is a junior.  He has another year to go and I think Mr. Football should probably go to one of the top seniors since all the stats of the four guys is overwhelming. Caldwell will have his name there next year.

825404447[/snapback]

I agree, this award is generally given to a senior it doesn't have to but usually is.

825404461[/snapback]

I can somewhat agree with that. I think a senior should get it if he has comparable numbers. And in this case, the 3 seniors in question are worthy of it as far as stats go. I was simply throwing out a name. And since DeWayne's ENTIRE offensive line and quarterback are returning next year, he will probably have a good shot next year - barring any injuries! I think all these guys are worthy! I personally like DB's QB!

Edited by GradfromtheNest

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

first of all i can say he does not play the whole game he has not played in a few third quarters all the way through and not a played in a few whole fourth quarters...and at 23 carries a game (avg) that does equal 9 yards a carry with 207 - 210 yards a game.....1906 devided by 9 games is about 207 or so...i think thats all right..but i may be wrong

I am pretty sure Jake Nunley broke 1900 last week. I remember the PA announcer announcing that he had 1904(or something like that) Ohh yeah he announced that after jake came out of the game, 3 minutes into the 3rd quarter!! My vote goes to Jake i don't think anybody else means more to their team but all three are worthy of the award heck let's have a three way tie and honor them all because i don't think you can fairly compare them all. Think about it: this player doesn't play as much because his team is winning big, this guy plays weaker teams with better stats, this guy is the only reason his team is good, this guys team could win without him, I could go on forever with this I don't think you can fairly compare the players. There is no doubt they are all good and all deserving of the award. I'm gonna go with Jake Nunley though, leading rusher in the state two years in a row that's pretty dang good.

Jake Nunley is the real choice for 5A Mr Football. Nobody runs harder. This kid is a quiet, unaasuming young man who will have over 2,000 yards after tonight. He really is something special. The message boards have dogged him at times. It is suspected that wingman 10 is the grandfather of Mr Football candidate Dave Thomas.

It seems lowly that wingman 10 would rip a young man's record just because his own grandkid is in the running for the same award.

Of course, wingman 10 has no email or bio. Nice to hide behind anonymity and poke a boy. By the way, my name is Chip Ramsey and I own The Saturday Independent newspaper in Manchester.

GO RAIDERS! GO JAKE NUNLEY!

Chip, i was wondering if you ever got on here and i guess that answers my question. I completly agree with you no doubt in my mind, Jake Nunley deserves mr. Football but there are also other players who deserve it. As i said in an earlier post I don't think there is a fair way to compare all the players, but I will still pull for Nunley to get the award and if he doesn't then it doesn't really matter because Jake will always be considered Mr. Football in Coffee County's book.

Updated stats for Duran Ferguson after the Science Hill game.

Passing

126 completions on 223 attempts, 5 interceptions

2,197 yards passing

27 passing Td's, Has 48 passing td's in career now.

Rushing

48 carries

189 yards

8 touchdowns

35 total touchdowns on the season.

Duran just keeps the tribe rolling, after starting out slow, he had a big second half, his receivers dropped alot of balls because of wet conditions.

My vote goes to Jake Nunley. Last night he broke his 2000 yard mark. He is a very dedicated player and a leader of his team. Every team knows to try to stop Jake, but nobody can seem to do it. Jake is the most humble person to be such an awesome player. He isn't one of the biggest guys on the field but he sure can plow some people over if they get in his way. Jake deserves this award!!!!!