The owls are without Caldwell and Williams

owls24

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, just for the record, Hydas is a HOSS! Ive known him since 6th grade, played football with him, and he will run you over. He is on the top 10 bench list and i think squat list at our school. He is one of the most muscular guys i know and has no problem breaking a tackle or two. Also, Burke hits pretty hard and will make a good fullback am i'm confident in woods arm. Owls still pull this one out easy. Im calling for a shutdown on the defense also. 21-0 OWLS

Marcus and DeWayne always keep giving until the very end so i wouldnt say that they are out of the game yet. we'll have to wait until game day to know for sure. even if they are out, i have confidence in hydas, woods, lansden, burke and the rest of the team to step up. ooltewah is gonna win buddy!!

well last night i got a phone call from my good buddy and a player at ooltewah.... Matt Niel (JR) 6'2 245 he is ths center and one of our best Offensive linemen.... He also might be out friday due to a concusion..... he gets one final test tomorrow to see if he can or cant play tomorrow..... He is in my prayers and so are Dewayne and Marc

Dewayne and Marcus are out with injuries and the talk has started about how people think we will act with out the 2 in teh backfield.....  Hunter Hydes is started at RB which will still be a threat for the opposing team.  Kyler Burke will probably be at FB.....  Give me some thoguhts on how u think this will effect us and how will it go down?

825401558[/snapback]

...When you have a good program(with the emphasis on "program") instead of a good "team"(and it is a difference between the two),others will step-up to take charge...I think the Ooltewah will be ok because they have a "program"!! Good Luck Owls!!!

torn ligaments means no play time. If u have torn ligaments its not smart to play. williams is a hoss, a guy i respect, u have to. But he's too good to risk it like that. Torn anything is serious stuff. Plus if he plays with torn ligaments and gets hit again, there goes just about any chance of colleges after him. He's a Great player!!

Caldwell and Williams are a huge part of the offense, but not all of it.  I have a ton of confidence in Hydas and Woods to pick up the slack!

And I hope DeWayne and Marcus are back in no time!  I have actually heard it's one of those deals where they probably could play, but there's no sense in risking further injury!

825401909[/snapback]

Grad,

...I feel you on this one...Keelyn(our QB) went down against Meigs last week and Melvin White, Andre Hicks, and Desmond Hendricks picked it up...has something to do with two words(check out my previous post in this thread)...when you understand the difference between the two the rest is "small potatoes"!!!

Farragut has a very strong run defense. You won't beat them with 2nd and 3rd teamers on the ground. You will have to beat them in the air and from what I saw of the air game last week, you will have a long night if it doesn't improve quickly.

How will this affect Kyler going both ways fulltime. I know he's a stud, Grad, but it will have some effect on him.

Farragut has a very strong run defense.  You won't beat them with 2nd and 3rd teamers on the ground.  You will have to beat them in the air and from what I saw of the air game last week, you will have a long night if it doesn't improve quickly.

How will this affect Kyler going both ways fulltime.  I know he's a stud, Grad, but it will have some effect on him.

825404554[/snapback]

The fact that Hydas and Burke are 2nd stringers is somewhat misleading. Especially Hydas. He could start on most teams around here at TB.

Not sure about Burke....it will definately take a toll on him playing both ways full time if he in fact does. There are several other fullbacks that could play if he's on D for a long time in order to give him a break. I'm sure the coaches have it figured out though! I'm merely speculating!

The fact that Hydas and Burke are 2nd stringers is somewhat misleading.  Especially Hydas.  He could start on most teams around here at TB. 

Not sure about Burke....it will definately take a toll on him playing both ways full time if he in fact does.  There are several other fullbacks that could play if he's on D for a long time in order to give him a break.  I'm sure the coaches have it figured out though!  I'm merely speculating!

825404821[/snapback]

I look for Woods to step up this week. He is definately better than he has played the last two weeks. Hydas and Burke will do fine. I agree with your earlier post I think Hydas does run harder than Caldwell. He doesn't have the same top end speed but he hits the hole as good as anyone. The Owls have alot to play for, hosting a play-off game vs traveling to Kingsport. I hope they play like a "wound animal", vicious. Time to get it in gear, again. Go Owls!!!!

I have hear that Hydas can throw up 300 lbs that strong for his size and I watched him run on soddy Daisy which look like from my vantage point a 2 or 3 yard gain but he pushed his way through lowring his shoulders and picked up 7 or 8 yards I believe we will be fine because Farragut now has nothing to key on in this one but we need better play calling in the first half this week vs. the last two.

Ooltewah 42

Farragut 14

This game now will give Woods to show more of what he can do throwing the

football. He's got good receivers in Landson, McMillan and Lowe. I don't know how many games I have watched this year in pass plays and for some reason McMillan is all by himself. I don't know if Woods doesn't he him or what, and other

people in the stands say the same thing. But, maybe this week that will all come

together. Go Owls!!!!!