West Tennessee Announcers..

BrockRocks

Kent Jones and Larry Logan do a very good job laying the plays out to make you feel like you are actually at the stadium, you can actually get a visual. The only complaint I have is that Kent Jones get's the boy's name's mixed up ALOT!!!!!! When doing so it confuses the listener's on who actually is playing what position. It happens at least 5 or 6 times a game and he rarely corrects himself.

Otherwise they are great announcer's.

825406294[/snapback]

These guys are the best example of reliability. If Huntingdon is stapping it on, they will be there. They have been doing Mustang football for years and their love of the program comes through on their broadcasts.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TheBoredGuy,

Sorry that ya'll are not in the playoffs but, all of us can't make it. I actually listened to some of ya'll's broadcast tonight and even though the reception wasn't very good, ya'll do a very good job.

Guess I'm in a bit of a melancholy mood tonight but, this is going to be a season of much change. AA football in this area is about to undergo a major change. Ya'll are moving up, we are moving down and Camden and Riverside are moving OVER! It just ain't gonna be the same around here for a while!

It's a shame that we couldn't ALL bring a gold ball home this year!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will be in touch!

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by duckman38201

What announcers are good in West TN, and which are bad??

I live in a rural area, here around Weakley County.

The worse I've heard has to be Frank Underwood of the West Tennessee Scoreboard Show.  This guy can't put together a sentence to save his neck.  I wonder how much backside has to be kissed to keep a job with the skills he has or better put, doesn't have.  I give him a F.

Robin Coode- He knows his sports information, but again, his voice leaves much to be desired.  That, and he over uses some words and phrases, boring me as the listener.  You get a C.

Robin Francis- He's pretty good.  Not too loud, not trying to get himself above the game.  I give him a B.

Russ Barker- I think he's been around for like 100 years, but he's still light years ahead of some of the younger guys down here.  You get a B+, but being a Cardinal fan is your downfall.

Jordon Tinkle (sp)- If it wasn't for his father, he probably would not have a job in the radio business.  Never, and I mean never say, "Here's Dad." or something like that.  It's just not professional.  Too small townish.  Also, don't try to sound like your Dad in your voice patterns.  You get a D, and only because I realize you are above Frank Underwood by at least 3 steps.

Paul Tinkle- Seems to put himself in higher regards than the game.  Plus, I have been listening to him during games, and he is repeatedly getting names wrong.  I give him a C.

Vic Doral or whatever his last name is- I could care less about your picks, but for keeping the Martin broadcasts consistent, you get a B-.

Gary Capers- Knows his junk, needs a better voice.  I give you a C+.

825401687[/snapback]

Paul Tinkle?????? ha ha he he hee haw ha he he haw ha ha ha that guy has always been full of himself with nothing to back it up with Paul Tinkle Ha! :lol: